Profile for Peter > Reviews

Target Dry Stockman Mens Full Length Rain Coat
Target Dry Stockman Mens Full Length Rain Coat
Offered by Target Dry

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 14 Nov. 2015
I read all of the reviews for this and decided to take a chance. The day after it arrived the rain fell so hard the gutters ran over. So, i put on my new coat, went out and cleared the drains. The only parts of me that got we were my hand (having been down the drain) and the bottom of my trousers. To prevent the latter, I will wear wellies as well next time (or gaiters :-) )

People have commented that the bottom flaps open in the wind. If this does happen I will get some self adhesive velcro to add to the flap, which should stop it -I hope.

If I find that the waterproofing fails a bit later on, I will use some spray on waterproofing if need be - as I have had to do with other coats in the past.

All in all very good.

Glenluce Rosewood D Flute
Glenluce Rosewood D Flute

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value - nice instrument, 23 May 2015
I bought this despite the odd adverse review. A discounted price did help in making the decision.
It arrived promptly and well packed. The item was as described. One downside was that it arrived without any care instructions, but a quick search on the internet solved that so if you are new to these do have a look around for this advice before you start.
On arrival the foot joiny was a little loose, but after the application of a few layers of cork grease these are now nice and tight (firm).
After the first few oilings of the barrrel I did get some wood dust out, but this has stopped.
As some have noted, the finger holes are quite widely spaced, but I can manage these. If in doubt, try and find one in a music shop to look at.
As for the sound, once you have mastered the breathing it is really quite nice. Would i recommend them? Yes.

War and Peace: With bonus material from Give War and Peace A Chance by Andrew D. Kaufman

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 13 Dec. 2014
I got this as a free Kindle download despite some comments about spelling etc. Without doubt there are spelling mistakes/ typos throughout. However, I have found my enjoyment (yes i have enjoyed reading War and Peace!) enhanced by the footnotes, which have given a depth of background to the main text.

Well done for this version. Eight out of ten - sort out the typos and you can have the other two marks :-)

(I haven't yet read the additional material)

Landi: Homo fugit velut umbra... /L'Arpeggiata ∑ Pluhar
Landi: Homo fugit velut umbra... /L'Arpeggiata ∑ Pluhar

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising find, 13 Dec. 2014
Bought for my daughter who heard some of this on the radio and really likes it. I have to say that after listening to it i have grown to like it too.

Mens Full Zip Classic Fleece Jackets Sizes XS to 4XL SUITABLE FOR WORK & LEISURE (L - LARGE, NAVY BLUE)
Offered by sakclothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable but...., 13 Dec. 2014
This item arrrived today and was OK. The quality of construction seems good.
I was rather expecting something of a thicker feel, but this is perhaps more due to my misunderstanding.

The Nephele Ship: Volume One - The Frozen Workshop (A Steampunk Adventure)
The Nephele Ship: Volume One - The Frozen Workshop (A Steampunk Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 26 Sept. 2014
A good enough basic concept but the writing was poor.
Needs much work before it will be good.

Lady of Devices: A steampunk adventure novel (Magnificent Devices Book 1)
Lady of Devices: A steampunk adventure novel (Magnificent Devices Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly well written and entertaining for a book had free ..., 18 Sept. 2014
Surprisingly well written and entertaining for a book had free on kindle. Rather light hearted.
Would even be worth paying for the rest, which should tell you all you need to know.

Garfield - Your Point Is? (Garfield Pocket Books)
Garfield - Your Point Is? (Garfield Pocket Books)
by Jim Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 3 Sept. 2014
Not Garfield at his funniest in my opinion, but the children liked it

Carve Her Name With Pride
Carve Her Name With Pride

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended reading, 3 Sept. 2014
I wan't sure about getting this, but i am so glad that i did. It's not as cliched as i thought it would be.
Overall it is well writtten and very well researched.
The story is true ans that is the amazing thing. That a young woman could be so brave.
I would thoroughly recommend it. In fact I think it should be mandatory reading for all school children particularly history students.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 11 Aug. 2014
Decent fob watch and nice "different" design. Good length of chain. Good value for money, but no guarantee or instructions so we had a little panic until we worked out why the time kept slipping. You need to make sure the collar piece is screwed right in.
Seems like good quality.