Profile for Crom > Reviews

House Of The Dead 2 - Dead Aim [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Emmanuelle Vaugier
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Ellis... I got a sister, 10 Feb. 2014
It's the season of Halloween, and the lady in my life and I have decided we're best off cosying up with some zombie flicks rather than taking on the hordes outside. The pumpkin carved and that ever addictive game Dead Pixels wrapped up, we sit down for the apocalypse that awaits, with the classics waiting... Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, not to forget The Evil Dead to spice it up away from the zombie soiree.

Then came this: House of the Dead 2. B-horrors can go one of two ways, but with tongue in cheek and a couple of decent actors in Emmanuelle Vaugier and Ed Quinn leading the way this serves up a quality zombie flick. Having not seen the first, we weren't sure what to expect, but as far as we can tell it requires no prerequisite and stands alone just fine.

If you're looking for something serious, you'd be better off elsewhere, but if you'd like cheese on the menu and a horde of intense one-liners to throw out there that don't really work, this is most definitely for you.

Fitness-Mad Pro Power Grip 10-40kg - Grey
Fitness-Mad Pro Power Grip 10-40kg - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Went from a 90lb weakling to a beefcake in a matter of weeks, 10 Feb. 2014
Having sustained a long term injury from playing in goal over the years, I've always found one wrist to be weaker than the other. Despite the faith I have in doctors, they seem averse to sending me to hospital to address what the underlying problem might be, instead suggesting I should look to perform some home physiotherapy to solve the problem.

Having looked over Amazon I made my choice based on reviews versus price, and I'm pleased with the decision I made. The lowest settings were great at first and really helped bring some strength back into my wrist, and it wasn't long before I was moving up the adjustable scale; I've a feeling the loosened spring might have something to do with this, but the lady in my life seems to suggest that the resistance hasn't changed, adjustments aside.

Given the devil makes work of idle hands, it's nice to find that yourself picking it up unknowingly, with the motion itself flowing nicely and for those like myself who've never used a hand grip before, it seems pretty addictive, giving off the same good feeling that comes with any exercise. I'd add on this particular model it's comfy as well, I'd say I have average sized "man hands" and the hand grip fits nicely. It hasn't let off any squeaky sounds either, and I've had it a while, though there is the occasional twanging sound once in a blue moon, despite the fact nothing seems to have "twanged".

As for the wrist recovery, it's no long term fix as I managed to do my wrist in playing football again (inevitable), but it's nice to know I can build the strength back up again in a staggered way given the scale, and if I choose to hang up the gloves I can lead a life with two decent wrists. I'll probably bring a powerball into the mix at some point, but for the time being this hand grip really does the job.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2014 7:47 PM BST

Sakura Car Mats in Black for Ford Fiesta MK6 (Fits 2002 to 2008 Models)
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Ford Fiesta MK6 (Fits 2002 to 2008 Models)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 10 Feb. 2014
I've had two Ford Fiesta MK6s, pre and post facelift models, and this set of mats fit both perfectly. They look great and blend in well with the black floors; on this matter the mats are black, despite the provided picture looking a little greyish. I really can't fault them and I'll likely go with Sakura mats once again for my next car should they make them.

Body Sculpture Cast Iron 20kg Dumbbell Kit with Case - Black
Body Sculpture Cast Iron 20kg Dumbbell Kit with Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dumbbells, 4 July 2013
Needless to say that by using these I've gone from a weedy 90lb weakling to a total beefcake in a matter of months. That may not be true (I'm neither 90lbs nor a beefcake) but they certainly do the business for someone looking to start a routine arm workout. They're well made, with the rubber grip on the middle making for a comfier workout on the hands so no need for gloves/callouses, and the potential distribution of weights is ideal for someone just starting out.

As many have mentioned the inclusion of the case is pointless as it is made of cheap plastic and there is a strong plastic smell surrounding the dumbbells at first, but the weights themselves certainly do not appear cheaply made and are definitely a good purchase for someone looking for a quality set of dumbbells.

Gadgeo Black Gel Silicone TPU Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 July 2013
Previously having a flip cover for my phone (www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004YDOBSG/), I found the flap an inconvenience and something of a failure when it came to protecting my phone, with the LED screen itself suffering a crack while under its protection. As a result I thought I'd see what was available in the gel cover variety, and I must say I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Unlike flap covers, it provides cover all round the edges of the phone, including cover for the buttons themselves, while at the same time allowing easy access (the buttons themselves, although requiring a little extra force, are still a doddle to use) and aesthetic appeal. The cover itself looks just as it does in the pictures, with the contrast of the TPU and gel bringing a much better look than I had assumed from the pictures alone. Added to this the cover fits perfectly with the holes all perfectly aligned and trimmed with the same going for the screen protector. It doesn't add too much to the width of the phone which I was happy to see as the Galaxy SII is pretty slim as far as smartphones go, and the grips on the side are fantastic for keeping hold of the phone, making general handling much easier.

In regards to downsides I really cannot fault this cover as it exceeded my expectations; I would definitely recommend it and will undoubtedly look at the same style when I eventually replace my trusty old SII.

Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 - Black Supreme Flip PU Leather Case / Cover / Pouch & LCD Screen Protector
Offered by Gadget Giant

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap only in price, 9 Mar. 2012
A well designed case, the Samsung Galaxy SII fits snuggly inside with access points for the volume, power button, headphone port & speaker - the only thing lacking is one for the charger, but it's hardly an inconvenience to have to keep it open when charging.

I knew when getting this phone I'd want a cover for it in case of any mishaps, & with the selection available on Amazon I'm pleased with the choice I made. In spite of the cheap cost, the cover certainly does not have a cheap feel to it, being both aesthetically pleasing and doing the job for which it's intended - I've dropped this phone twice now, both times the cover keeping it safe.

The only downside is it does make bulky what would otherwise be a beautifully slim mobile, but this is inevitable if you're looking for a real cover to truly protect your phone. I'd definitely recommend it, the screen protector is a handy addition too if you don't want to worry about grubby fingers on that touchscreen, & it too fits nicely.