Profile for imico > Reviews

Content by imico

imico (UK)

GBSci Raspberry Ketones 2000mg Daily | High Strength | Vegetarian/Vegan | Fruit Extract | Quality Natural Health and Weight Loss Supplement | Rapid Release Capsules | Proven Results | Effectively Speeds Up Metabolism | Reduces Fat Build-Up | Suppresses Appetite | For Men And Women | 30 Day Supply | Full Money Back 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by GBSci LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Proper trial, no positive results!, 29 Jun 2014
I bought this product from Amazon after noticing that the Internet had been flooded with adverts informing us all about these “miracle” pills!
So, I said to myself let's have a go and I mean a proper go, testing the product properly as with all my research I couldn't find any full reviews on the web…

Thus, while taking Raspberry Ketones 600mg twice a day about 30-60 minutes before meals for 4 full weeks I've monitored:
- my weight (weekly)
- my blood pressure (daily or once every other day)
- my appetite
And:
- I was ready to write down any observations I had regarding any possible side effects such as dizziness, bloating, sensation of being unusually thirsty, depression, perspiration, etc.
So, very much anything which I felt was unusual for me!

Over this period of time, I didn’t change anything in my lifestyle including my diet, fitness exercising, daily number of hours of sleep, etc.

I’m not an active man as my work keeps me on my seat for most of the day and in the evenings I’m usually too tired to undertake any significant fitness exercises.
However, I drink very little alcohol from time to time only, I avoid caffeine and I do about 50 push-ups 3-4 days a week.

Having said this, now let’s see the results of “my study” into Raspberry Ketones…

At the beginning of my study my blood pressure was in the upper normal area and I was prone to a bit of dizziness from time to time as I am particularly sensitive to spinning or heights.

My weight before starting the test was 86.2kg (I’m 176cm in height).

The results are:
1) Week 1
At the end of Week 1:
- Weight: 86.6 kg (i.e. +0.4 kg from the initial weight)
2) Week 2
At the end of Week 2:
- Weight: 86.8 kg (i.e. +0.2 kg from the previous week)
3) Week 3
At the end of Week 3:
- Weight: 85.8 kg (i.e. -1 kg from the previous week)
4) Week 4
At the end of Week 4:
- Weight: 86.2 kg (i.e. +0.4 kg from the previous week)
- No other side effects at all

My conclusions are extremely disappointing!!!
Advertised as a big breakthrough in the slimming industry this product is no different from many other products I’ve tried over the years!

The most amazing thing perhaps is that even if right from the beginning I allowed for a +/-0.5 kg variations which I considered to be normal due to factors totally unrelated to the Raspberry Ketones (e.g. water retention, constipation, work related stress, etc.), my final weight after 1 month on the “powerful” 600mg pure Raspberry Ketones was exactly the same as it was at the beginning of my 1-month trial! (Note that I used a good electronic scales with a precision of +/-0.1 kg))

The fact that my blood pressure has been unchanged, means (in my view) that the product doesn’t contain caffeine. If it did, my blood pressure would have gone up as my body is not used to caffeine.

The fact that there are no other side effects (note that in the past I had to stop trying other products because of the sensation of dizziness induced by those products after 1-2 weeks from starting to take them).
However, in the case of the raspberry ketones, after a month of using the product there is absolutely no negative effects and unfortunately no positive effects either!
The product just doesn’t do anything at all! And it didn’t work as a placebo either!

I must also mention that it’s not easy to keep taking the pills with 30 to 60 minutes before meals as modern day life doesn’t exactly allow us to plan every meal in its finest details including the precise time when we actually have it! I’ve succeeded in the end 90-95% of the time, but it’s a relief I don’t have to do that anymore!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 6:22 PM BST

Funai HDR-B2735 DVD Recorder VCR Combi with 160GB HDD
Funai HDR-B2735 DVD Recorder VCR Combi with 160GB HDD

1.0 out of 5 stars The only great thing here is the... specs!, 11 Nov 2011
Briefly, this product has great specs and was exactly what I wanted!

However, it's worked fine for only about 7 months after which any attempts to set the Timer to record a program to the HDD ends in failure, with an error message informing me that there is no space on the disk even if I deleted almost all recordings from the HDD!

As I didn't start using this product soon after I bought it, its 1-year warranty has passed by and the only thing left for me now is to contact Funai hoping that they would provide me with a solution for this problem.

I've found Funai's website and the technical support's online form, so I explained the situation to them almost a month ago...

I have never received any replies from them, so I contacted them again today.
However, when I did this, I noticed that when you press the Send button on the online form there is no message generated on screen to acknowledge they received your query as any other support websites do. Then, there is no visible "transition time" when you submit this form, which makes me suspect that their online support functionality simply doesn't work! Unfortunately there is no other way of contacting them!!!

Under the contact form on the same online page on Funai's website there is also functionality to download your product's manual... Well, no matter what manual I selected I'm always getting the "File not found" message when attempting to download it.

You can make your own conclusion about Funai and their products now without me spelling it out...

Pifco Powerful Mini Cooling Fan
Pifco Powerful Mini Cooling Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst manufactured product I've ever bought!, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Pifco Powerful Mini Cooling Fan
I've bought two mini cooling fans. They arrived quickly so no problem on this front. However, one fan had the end battery connector loose inside the battery compartment and I had to fix it by using super glue.

The battery compartment lid was too small and kept falling off the second mini cooling fan. In the end using sellotape to secure it was the only solution!

When I started to use the fans, two days later, the plastic covering of the power switch button of one of the fans fell off as well!!!
To cut a long story short, in the end I threw them both out to the rubbish bin only after a few days!

Quality wise, these two mini cooling fans are the worst manufactured products I've ever bought in my entire life!!!
Great idea, awful quality!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only trap that worked!, 6 July 2009
I tried everything over a few weeks: electronic traps, 'humane' traps, ultrasound and electromagnetic field devices... Nothing worked!
Then, having nothing else left to try, I switched to one of these glue traps. Well, I finally caught the mouse which ruined my night sleep for over a month in only 5 minutes!
One more thing... There is no need to leave the mouse to die of starvation as it was suggested here... Fold the trap with the mouse inside, place it in a few plastic bags, then hit it with something heavy so the mouse does not suffer...

CN MEMORY USB 8GB CN Memory Stick 5 Years Warranty
CN MEMORY USB 8GB CN Memory Stick 5 Years Warranty

2.0 out of 5 stars Slowest memory stick I've ever seen!, 6 Mar 2008
Speedwise, I'd give it 6 out of 10 for the first 4GB. After that, adding more files to it is not only slow, but excruciatingly slow!

At this very moment I'm adding another 600MB to it on top of around 4GB of data files. It's been running for 1.5 hours now and only completed 2/3 of it!
It's true, the 600MB consist of a lot of files, but it's the worst speed I've ever seen!

One more thing... Last night I wanted to delete the 7.5GB on it before I went to bed. After 2 hours I decided to go to bed and let it finish the job over night (after 2 hours it only deleted around 40% of the 7GB!!!)

My advice? I suggest you watch the grass growing, the paint drying, etc. I can guarantee you, it will be less... frustrating!

By the way... It looks nice! That's why I gave it two stars instead of the minimum... one!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2008 8:17 PM GMT