Profile for Mr. Grumpy > Reviews

Content by Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy "Grumpy" (Stockport)

Confidence 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Bike
Confidence 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, easy to build, great value., 8 April 2015
Superb value. Seems good and solid. My 13 year-old daughter assembled it with absolutely no help, apart from me lifting it out of the box.

Queen: Complete Works Updated
Queen: Complete Works Updated
by Cecil Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars Every word, 14 Dec. 2008
As well as the music , there are complete lyrics, album track listings and details pls tour dates up until A Kind of Magic in 1986. If you want to play classic Queen keyboards, this is what you need.

Tuning British Leyland's 'A' Series Engine
Tuning British Leyland's 'A' Series Engine
by David Vizard

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference, 13 Dec. 2008
I read this in small chunks and found immediate simple tuning tricks that I could use straight away. If you find yourself becoming addicted, as I did, you can always find another way to squeeze a bit more power out of this engine.

Further Engineering Mathematics: Programmes and Problems
Further Engineering Mathematics: Programmes and Problems
by K. A. Stroud

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great volume, 13 Dec. 2008
This is the next step to take after "Engineering Mathematics" which already has excellent reviews on Amazon. The same, incredibly simple-to-follow style is used. I used these books at UMIST and I'm sure I couldn't have done so well without them. The style really is simple, I used to just read them on the train, without taking notes, and the knowledge just went in.
Highly recommended for anyone studying engineering at degree level.

Children's bedtime collection
Children's bedtime collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stories and illustration, 13 Dec. 2008
Both my daughters loved these stories - some traditional, some new. There are over 30 stories, each on 6 to 8 illustrated pages, so they usually had more than one story a night.
Comment Comment | Permalink

How to Restore Sheet Metal Bodywork (Osprey Restoration Guides)
How to Restore Sheet Metal Bodywork (Osprey Restoration Guides)
by Bob Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want repairs that last, 12 Dec. 2008
This book shows you the right way to repair car bodywork. For too long I would patch up my car only to have rust reappear within a few months. This guide gives lots of techniques, from simple to advanced, to help you make invisible repairs that last.

Presenting Magically: Transforming Your Stage Presence With NLP
Presenting Magically: Transforming Your Stage Presence With NLP
by David Shephard

4.0 out of 5 stars Mainly fantastic - ignore the bunkum, 1 Feb. 2003
I bought this hoping to brighten up the technical seminars that I regularly present as part of my job. I was pig sick of droning on about the same old durge (with lots of powerpoint slides) to poor audiences of very bored engineers. Sorry to anyone who's had to endure me.
The book was a revelation. If you ignore the weird stuff about "energy" there are some great ideas that I have started to try recently - though I was nervous, the feedback I have had has been positive.
One example - the book explains how to get the audience into whatever state you like - in my case I want curiosity. Start to tell a story (metaphor) (book recommends a minimum of 3) but leave it unfinished until the end of your presentaion - you keep the audience thinking "He's got information that I need" all the way through.
When you finish they think "Now I have the answer" - not just to the story but to the subject that I want them to learn about.
Read it and try using some of the ideas, you will be doing your audience one huge favour.