Profile for lindyloo > Reviews

Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Chestnut Brown
Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Chestnut Brown
Price: 34.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and compact, just what I wanted .., 6 April 2010
I was looking for a lightweight and compact bag for carrying my Nikon D90 when travelling. This bag does the trick! It is well made and has a lifetime guarantee. I am a relative beginner so don't have huge amounts of camera kit. This bag provides ample room for the camera body and lens with enough room left for additional cables, memory cards etc and even space for a small water bottle in the exterior side net pocket(s). The integral waterproof cover is also a great idea. Haven't had it long so can't attest to durability. I have also noted that the opening flap only leads to a further zip fastening before you get to the camera - so not necessarily the type of bag you would use if needing fast and easy access to your camera.
One small thing is that the Amazon photo shows the bag as being a sage green type of colour. This is misleading as it's actually a light sandy brown colour (I verified this by looking at other sites).

Lowepro Fastpack 100 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit and General Gear - Black
Lowepro Fastpack 100 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit and General Gear - Black
Price: 56.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still quite bulky for a petite female .., 25 Feb 2010
I bought this backpack (plus the 200 version as was unclear about sizing) in the hope that it would provide adequate protection for my new Nikon D90 but would still be fairly lightweight and non bulky for carrying around on holidays etc.
I am not at the stage of carrying extensive amounts of photography equipment with me so just wanted something simple.
The 200 was definitely too big (for me at least - I am 5ft 4 and relatively petite) - about the size of a normal backpack but with less flexibility for carrying other stuff too.
Sadly the 100 also turned out to be bigger than I had hoped although would probably be fine as a small case for an average sized male.
I have returned both.
All that said, this seems a cleverly designed case amidst so many other options and is also of good quality and construction - and at a good price!

Faringdon Metal Self-Cleaning Garlic Press
Faringdon Metal Self-Cleaning Garlic Press
Price: 11.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite clever .., 25 Feb 2010
I bought this gadget in the hope that I would be more able to successfully remove the remnants of garlic from the press.
On the whole this works well although I have now come to the conclusion that this will always remain a bit of a problem with this type of food.
The gadget is nothing fancy, pretty solid and well made so probably worth the extra cost if you use garlic a lot.

Karrimor Unisex Traveller Hiking Shoe Navy/Pewter K083NPT147 5 UK
Karrimor Unisex Traveller Hiking Shoe Navy/Pewter K083NPT147 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for sizing, 25 Feb 2010
This is a nice, lightweight walking shoe which, at face value, seems to be good value for the price.
I have yet to walk any long distances in it so can't comment on comfort or 'fit for purpose' yet.
But do watch out for sizing per other reviewers' comments.
I normally take a size 4.5 in normal shoes and boots. I ordered the size 5 which was too small so now have a size 6.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2010 9:53 AM BST