Profile for Mr. Bw Sheers > Reviews

Content by Mr. Bw Sheers

Mr. Bw Sheers

GreatShield iSlide Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 III Mini GT-I819 (Red)
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed design., 4 Sep 2013
I bought this case because the of the clip-together design. However, the actual joint is extremely weak and I have dropped the phone on several occasions when I've taken it out from my pocket and had the case fall apart in my hands.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 4:38 PM BST

Incipio Kaddy Nylon for Amazon Kindle Touch - Black
Incipio Kaddy Nylon for Amazon Kindle Touch - Black
Price: 9.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but flawed., 15 Feb 2013
I bought this case for my new Kindle Touch, after the Marware case that I had bought for my first Kindle caused permanent red stains. I chose this particular case because it wasn't leather, and because it had a slot-in system for holding the Kindle, as opposed to being one of those screen surrounding affairs.

Pros

Cradle holds the Kindle tight and doesn't obscure the screen.
Nylon case is waterproof.
Microfibre interior is very soft and pleasant to hold.

Cons
Lack of a top restrainer means that the Kindle can slide out from the grips.
Lack of a handle on the back
The spine of the case is weak and makes holding the case difficult
When the case is held shut using the bungee cord there is visible deformation to the case. I'm not optimistic about the long term prospects of the case.

Overall, not a bad case, but there are better ones out there.

Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch)

1.0 out of 5 stars Damages your Kindle, 3 Feb 2013
Case was excellent for several months until I removed it and found rust-like stains adorning the back of my Kindle. Given that the reason I spent such an absurd amount of money was to protect my Kindle, I'm not impressed.

Don't buy.

Crusader Archaeology: The Material Culture of the Latin East
Crusader Archaeology: The Material Culture of the Latin East
by Adrian J. Boas
Price: 81.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Crusader Archaeology, 24 Feb 2012
An excellently written account of Crusader archaeology, and a perfect source for Undergraduates studying the topic. The text is intelligently written, yet accessible.

LUPO Black Notebook/Laptop Neoprene Pouch Case Sleeve - Fits up to 15.6" Inch Notebooks/Laptops
Offered by LUPO STORE
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 July 2011
A little big for my laptop, but that is to be expected given the variable dimensions of laptops. The bag is well made and smells like long summers on the beach.

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Offered by Box Limited
Price: 46.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Speakers, 12 April 2011
I was initially looking at a cheaper model of Logitech speakers, but the positive reviews for the Z323 convinced me otherwise. They arrived half an hour ago and I remain deeply impressed. I've churned out a few instrumentals from Winamp.

The quality is crystal clear and the sub-woofer sent a warm thrumming bass note through the floor. They look good with a neat, glossy piano black finish and have a minimum amount of cables.

Compared to the speakers built into my laptop that I've been enduring for the last few years, these are amazing and I can't recommend them enough.

10/10

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Offered by funfair games
Price: 13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic game that is exactly what it strives to be., 30 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Black Ops is a game that is utterly brilliant, provided that you take it for exactly what it tries to be. A frenetic, bombastic, outrageous and completely daft shooter with an insanely entertaining multi-player options.

Sure, the movement can feel a little restrained and it is much of what we're used to, but what we're used to is one of the best gaming experiences around. Why change a winning formula?

Pros
-Frenetic, fast paced gameplay.
-Entertaining plot.
-Unrivalled multiplayer.
-Nazi Zombies.
-Wager matches.

Cons
-Feels a little short.
-Sometimes dodgy knife physics.
-Being helicopter gunner-ed.

9.5/10

Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Offered by Super-bargains
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A little word for the decrying fanboys., 18 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was at first a bit sceptical about getting this game. A lot of reviewers claimed that it was less addictive than the previous games, that the driving was terrible and the story slow. I can now quite cheerfully throw those misconceptions out of the window.
I have been playing it for about three days averaging a few hours each day and I am still not even 25% of the way through it. It is just huge there is no other way of putting it. The sheer detail that Rockstar have put into this game is staggering. From being able to look at your cash balance on ATM's to using binoculars on the beachfront you will constantly find reasons to just say 'wow'.
A fair few people claimed that this installment just wasn't as fun as the others and having owned or played nearly all the GTA games I am in a position to judge and the key word that all the critics are failing to take into account is Realism. Yes realism, that little thing that means you can't walk onto an army base and steal a tank or stand in a huge crossfire with your health very slowly decreasing or just take a jet from an airbase and fly off in it.
I love realism. The way I can see the bullet holes in the side of my car and the beautiful, living city you are immersed in. If you want ridiculous scenarios and over the top gameplay then buy San Andreas. If you want one of the most gripping and enthralling games you will ever play then buy this.
The driving is actually quite easy to handle. There is a noticeable difference in handling between vehicles and when you get used to it then it becomes really enjoyable. The gunplay is a bit stiff and the auto-targeting has an annoying habit of locking onto civilians in the middle of a shootout, there is a decent selection of guns to choose from and they all have their strengths an weaknesses.
I've played a few online matches and they were surprisingly fun. The character editor was pretty basic but the sheer joy of driving a sports car down a main street with bullets pinging off the sides and an SMG poking out of the window is unparalled.
The story is admittedly a bit slow starting but that is deceptive. Even as I write this I just took part in a huge shootout in a construction yard so make no mistake. The action does heat up.
Overall, you really should buy this game because nothing else can quite match up to it and it is a decision you will not regret.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2008 8:05 PM BST