Profile for jsm999 > Reviews

Content by jsm999

jsm999 (Bedfordshire, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29
Gallifrey University (inspired by Doctor Who) Womens T-Shirt (Medium)
Gallifrey University (inspired by Doctor Who) Womens T-Shirt (Medium)
Offered by Getting Shirty

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality T-shirt, check the size/fit, 8 Jan. 2015
Seeing that this brand seems to come up small, I ordered the medium for my daughter who normally takes a size 8-10 in tops, and it is a good fit - the small would probably have been OK but snug, and the medium definitely doesn't look too big on her, not baggy and still a fashionable shape. She loves the T-shirt, which is nice quality, with a clear image just like the picture. It has washed well at 30C, doesn't seem to have shrunk or faded, and she's very happy.

SILVER REFLECTIVE CAT COLLAR SLIP BUCKLE 672790
SILVER REFLECTIVE CAT COLLAR SLIP BUCKLE 672790
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts better than the quick release collars, easy to fit and elasticated, 8 Jan. 2015
My cat instantly loses the collars with the quick release safety buckle, and I've not been able to find this sort in the shops, so was very pleased to find it here. It is easy to put on and off, adjusts to fit, reflective for extra safety (especially important now in winter), and the elastic strip means it will come off if it gets caught in a tree etc. The bell is quite quiet, which is fine for my elderly cat - when he was younger I used to add extra bells to give the local wildlife a chance.

Yazilind Jewellery Tibetan Silver Cute Fat Carve Flower Elephant Ear Wire Hook Dangle Earrings
Offered by YAZILIND JEWELRY LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, not too big, and excellent value, 6 Jan. 2015
Daughter really likes these - they are pretty, not too big (she doesn't like large, heavy earrings), and a bit different. Just like they look in the picture. They did take a while to arrive but this was clear from the delivery schedule. Excellent value.

Rocket Dog Mint Women's Ankle Boots
Rocket Dog Mint Women's Ankle Boots
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots but rather stiff and unyielding, 4 Jan. 2015
I bought these boots in the sale, and they are very nice, good quality, seem well made - unfortunately they don't fit me. My feet are a fairly wide size 4, and I ordered the size 4 as other reviewers had said the sizing was reasonably generous, which was true - it was the shape of the boot that was wrong for me. I found them too tight across my foot, certainly no room for an insole or thick socks, and too loose at the heel. Also the sole was quite hard and not as supportive or padded as my old boots - they felt more like wearing shoes than soft boots. I returned them without problems for an instant refund.
I would also mention that the Rocket Dog label on the back was a bit excessive, large, bright yellow writing - the boots are otherwise very versatile for smart/casual wear but the label makes them less smart.

Kong Wubba Friend, XL (Assorted)
Kong Wubba Friend, XL (Assorted)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, and tougher than I expected, 4 Jan. 2015
Our labrador is tough on toys, and Kong is one of the few brands that lasts more than seconds in her mouth. We ordered the XL toy, and received the grey rabbit(? I think it's a rabbit. We're calling it rabbit.) She LOVES it. It has a loud and very satisfying squeak, which requires quite a lot of pressure from strong labrador jaws. You can pick it up in your mouth and shake it and the legs(?) whip round bashing you in the face, which is fun. It can be thrown easily so makes a great toy for retrieving games, though the fabric means it's not ideal for outdoors. The soft parts (legs, ears, face, fur) so far have held up better than I expected - the toy isn't suitable for more than very gentle tug games as the fabric would rip, and won't withstand determined chewing, though it's tougher than I thought. Dog now knows the name 'rabbit' and will run to fetch it if you say the word, so I'm hoping it will continue to resist her destructive jaws.

Koolertron Waterproof Portable Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Mini Shower Pool Speaker Handsfree Car Speaker With Mic

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't charge, 4 Jan. 2015
Sadly it didn't charge - when the charger lead was plugged in, the red charging light would flicker, but wouldn't stay on and the speaker wouldn't charge. Returned and received a prompt refund. I will try and get a replacement, as I'm assuming this was just a faulty unit with a loose connection inside.

Portmeirion Holly And Ivy Dinner Plate
Portmeirion Holly And Ivy Dinner Plate

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive Christmas plates, solid and deep-lipped, 3 Jan. 2015
I bought 3 of these plates for Christmas and they are very pretty and just how they look in the picture. The plate has quite a deep lip, which makes it good for Christmas dinner with lots of gravy. It wouldn't really work for pizza etc. where you'd want a flatter plate... so just as well we weren't having pizza for Christmas dinner! The plates are quite heavy and solid, which hopefully means they won't chip or break easily. They've been in the dishwasher without problems, and I like that they are microwave safe too. My one complaint is that the deep lip means they don't stack easily in the dishwasher, more like trying to stack large bowls - I would have trouble fitting a full set of 6 in at once.
I bought a set of 3 and was please that there was only one postage charge. It's worth shopping around as the price seems to vary an awful lot on these.

Cushion Cover Times Square New York Photograph
Cushion Cover Times Square New York Photograph
Offered by Ideal Textiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, rather lurid colours, 3 Jan. 2015
Daughter was pleased with this cushion cover for her New York themed room. It's just the cover you get, but I was easily able to find cushions to fit (from Wilkos, 1.50 each). Personally, I was a bit disappointed - the colours are very lurid and the picture isn't very clearly printed, but what do I know. There is a zip to fasten it closed, which is nicely concealed in the bottom hem, but feels a bit flimsy - should be OK though as you don't often need to remove the cover. The fabric isn't quite what I expected from other reviews - it feels like somewhere between canvas and drill cotton, not soft, but fine for a cushion cover.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decoration, nice quality, excellent value, 3 Jan. 2015
Really pleased with this decoration - the quality is much better than I expected for the low price and it looks really good on the tree. I ordered more than one (different) decoration from dotcomgiftshop and they combined postage, which I was very pleased about.

Stray Decor (Cupcakes) Bus Pass Wallet / Travel, Credit or Oyster Card Holder
Stray Decor (Cupcakes) Bus Pass Wallet / Travel, Credit or Oyster Card Holder
Offered by Stray Decor Holders

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, excellent value pass holder, 3 Jan. 2015
I buy one of these pass holders each year for my teenage daughter's bus pass, different patterns but same make. By the end of the year, the old one is slightly battered and grubby but still usable. For a year of daily use and being carried around in a school bag, I think that's pretty good, and the wallets are excellent value. The dimensions in the product description are accurate - my daughter's bus pass is a non-standard size and I had to check carefully - it just fits this holder. The cupcake pattern is bright, attractive and a bit different, and she's very happy with it. Will definitely buy another when this one wears out.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29