Profile for Angela Ann Coady > Reviews

Angela Ann Coady (spain)

In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile
In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile

3.0 out of 5 stars informative but ultimately disappointing, 26 July 2014
I was really looking forward to this book as the author had interviewed Jimmy Savile extensively over a number of years. I found it disjointed at times as it jumped all over the place, it was difficult to keep it all in chronological order. I wanted to know about his background, his odd relationship with his mother, why there were at least 3 paedophiles in his family and what made this man tick. None of this was gone into in any great depth. It was an interesting book and worth a read but I finished it none the wiser.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2014 11:03 AM BST

Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth a read, 29 Jun 2014
Really enjoyed this book. Easy to read, loved the humor, writes about autism in a sympathetic but informative way. Well recommended.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
If I could have given this book 6 stars, I would have. Simply stunning. A wonderful read from beginning to end.

Can I Be Me Without Losing You?
Can I Be Me Without Losing You?

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 11 Feb 2014
I got to the end of this book and immediately began to read it again. I wanted to absorb all the content. It is a searingly honest account of Chentals journey through life and the lessons learned along the way. An inspirational book, thoroughly enjoyed it.

How I Said Bah! to Cancer: A Guide to Thinking, Laughing, Living and Dancing Your Way Through

3.0 out of 5 stars Scary, 1 April 2013
I read this book having just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I found it disappointing, scary and am terrified at what lies ahead.

You Can Sing-Seven Steps to Singing [DVD]
You Can Sing-Seven Steps to Singing [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars well recommended, 31 Aug 2011
Great DVD though would not work on the laptop. However, easy to follow and my singing has improved already. Well recommended.

Om Namaha Shivaya
Om Namaha Shivaya

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Om Namaha Shivaya (Audio CD)
Heard this via a friend, bought it, played it , love it. Great meditation tool.