Profile for Just This Guy, You Know? > Reviews

Content by Just This Guy,...

Just This Guy, You Know? (Oxford)

Page: 1 | 2
Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulbs, 18 Dec. 2014
My bedroom is illuminated by four GU10s which amounts to a large 200W draw for such a small room. They also get monsterously hot which is annoying as I'm quite a tall guy and standing near them nigh-on cooks my face. I replaced two of them with these LED bulbs and am very pleased. I specifically went for quite warm bulbs as I don't like the almost surgical look the more white lights give the room, and these match the halogen bulbs I'd been using before well. They emit far less heat and you can only feel it if you stick your hand right up to the bulb or touch it. I will definitely be buying more of these in the future.

Eagle 13 A 2-Way Block Socket Splitter Mains Adaptor
Eagle 13 A 2-Way Block Socket Splitter Mains Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 18 Dec. 2014
Been working fine for the past few months powering a desktop switch. Have had no problems with it.

Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable 30M
Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable 30M
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, 18 Dec. 2014
A good cable for a good price. No complaints here.

Crystal Rhodium Plated Base Metal Cufflinks
Crystal Rhodium Plated Base Metal Cufflinks

5.0 out of 5 stars Appealing cufflinks, 18 Dec. 2014
Wore these to a formal ball, and they served the purpose well. They came nicely presented in a padded box and look more expensive than the ~£7 I paid for them. The stones sparkle nicely in the light and they got a few positive comments from people who spotted them so I have no cause to complain.

Kuhn Rikon Piranha Swivel Peeler, Red
Kuhn Rikon Piranha Swivel Peeler, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars The best peeler I have ever used, 18 Dec. 2014
My housemates scoffed when I told them I'd ordered a £5 veg peeler when I could've run down to the pound store and bought one there. Everything changed the first time they used it - it glides across potatoes and carrots with little to no effort, and made the chore almost enjoyable. I never thought I'd be able to speak so enthsiastically about a flipping peeler, but I guess here we are.

Logitech Z150 Speaker - Snow White
Logitech Z150 Speaker - Snow White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 18 Dec. 2014
As I have grown used to with Logitech, these speakers deliver good performance for the money. The bass is as expected for such small speakers but coming from another set of Logitech speakers with a discrete subwoofer it's a noticeably weaker. They don't sound tinny and look attractive. They're good for playing music at a moderate volume and for media at your PC, but again the lack of bass becomes apparent at the louder parts of films. The jack cable comes out of the right hand speaker and is a bit short for my liking (roughly a metre long), as my PC was until now on my left. Admittedly my arrangement is slightly obtuse but it was a bit of a hassle to get things connected.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 5 May 2014
These came as described and work fine. Rather scandalously the pack contained only 73 of the advertised 75 LEDS, but this is hardly a serious complaint.

Accurist Men's MB936BB Chronograph Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Accurist Men's MB936BB Chronograph Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good watch, 5 May 2014
Having before worn only cheap casio digitals, I decided to spend a bit more and get a nicer watch, and with this choice am very happy. It has a large. clear face, a 30 minute stopwatch (60 - second and 30 - minute chronographs) and a 24-hour dial. It has a tachymeter around the outside of the face which has found limited use but is of no detriment to the attractiveness otherwise. The strap feels solid and secure, with a nice locking clasp. Others have remarked that it is quite heavy - and it is, however I've grown so used to it that it has in fact become a comforting weight on my left wrist. The timekeeping is reliable and i would gladly buy this watch again.

Band Of Brothers - The Complete Series (Commemorative 6-Disc Gift Set in Tin Box) [Blu-ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ron Livingston

5.0 out of 5 stars Little to be said that hasn't been said before, 5 May 2014
There's little point reviewing the show itself as countless others have done far better jobs than I could hope to. Needless to say it is an excellent series and I would recommend it to anyone in an instant. Inside the very nice metal tin is an equally nice fold-out cardboard disc holder with pictures of the characters. The picture and sound quality is as excellent as you would expect from Bluray.

12 PACK Replacement Earphone Ear Gel Tips For Sony MDR CX EX Sennheiser CX IE Sharp Panasonic HJE Skullcandy ezGears JVC Phillips Creative Sony Ericsson Denon Monster Griffin JBL Headphones iPod iPad in ear Earbuds - Small Medium Large (Black)
Offered by Gadget Zoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 5 May 2014
Everyone loses their earphone's buds from time to time and these work perfectly as a replacement. Would (and will undoubtedly have to) buy again.

Page: 1 | 2