Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for geegee90 > Reviews

Content by geegee90

geegee90 (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Big Fish Toys Mass Effect 3: Series 2: Legion Action Figure
Big Fish Toys Mass Effect 3: Series 2: Legion Action Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a fan but the quality could be better..., 1 Aug. 2013
Fantastic for fans of Mass Effect, and Legion in particular of course :)
The model is far better quality than most of the others that Bioware has had made (which isn't hard in my opinion but still). The detail is pretty good and the paint job is great but it is still lacking in a couple of areas though, hence the 4 stars and not 5. The articulation isn't amazing and the N7 logo is barely visible on my model - this is really important to me due to the significance of it from the game.
Then again, it isn't all that expensive for a model either so I don't mind and it is certainly good enough to put on display.
I do really like it and it will go great alongside my increasing collection of Mass Effect figures :)

Keep Calm Time For Bed Red Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, Red, Double Size - Bedroom Bed Linen
Offered by Price-Right-Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but parts are faded already., 1 Aug. 2013
Really nice vibrant red and a lovely design. The quality is pretty good but after washing there are a few faded lines on the material; these seem to be where it has been folded after washing but I can't be sure. Still I am happy overall :)

049 Mass Effect 24x14 Silk Print Poster
049 Mass Effect 24x14 Silk Print Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 1 Aug. 2013
This poster is a really nice size, perfect for framing and putting on my gaming room wall ;)
The quality is fantastic, with the silk material being a really nice touch. It gives it a less glossy feel than normal posters, which I like.
A great gift for a Mass Effect fan, especially if (like me) they prefer the Normandy SR-1 over the SR-2.

GB eye Star Wars A New Hope Framed Photograph,16x12 inches
GB eye Star Wars A New Hope Framed Photograph,16x12 inches

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product., 29 July 2013
Really nice for Star Wars fans - it is in a lovely frame and the image is iconic. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because I think the writing on the image is a bit faded on my copy. It doesn't matter too much because when it is on the wall people won't really notice but I could tell as soon as I opened the box. Still, a great product for someone looking to decorate their walls with memorabilia :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 5:33 PM GMT

HALF-LIFE 2 DOG VS. STRIDER POSTER
HALF-LIFE 2 DOG VS. STRIDER POSTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 July 2013
A fantastic poster - good quality and a nice size. It will look great on my boyfriends new games room wall but it is big enough to be a door poster as well. I am very happy with my purchase; a great piece for a Half-Life fan :)

Fallout 3 Limited Edition Wasteland Wanderer Framed
Fallout 3 Limited Edition Wasteland Wanderer Framed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 29 July 2013
I am really pleased with this product!
It is fantastic - the quality is great and it is really nicely framed.
I was surprised with how small it was though, it seemed bigger on the picture but that is just me not reading the sizes provided by the seller. It doesn't matter to me anyway because I still think it's great.
It's going up on my wall in my new gaming room asap :D

Mass Effect Sx3 Alliance Fighter
Mass Effect Sx3 Alliance Fighter
Offered by YUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome model for my budding collection..., 22 April 2013
So, I got the SR-2 model and was a little disappointed with the paint job, as were a few others I gather. However, Dark Horse have definitely learned from the negative comments!

The painting is pretty well done actually; there is a good amount of detail and the finish is lovely.
The weight of it is decent and the Alliance blue base is a nice touch. The multi-player code was an added bonus too!

It isn't a toy but it looks appealing next to my SR-2 and I am sure my SR-1, when it arrives, will also look pretty goooooood :)

Killzone 3 - Move Compatible (PS3)
Killzone 3 - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by PROGAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Competent shooter, just nothing new., 3 Aug. 2012
First of all let me say that this is far from being a bad game, ideally I'd give it a 7 out of 10, but out of 5 I felt 4 stars was just too kind to it. Killzone 3 is in a nutshell an above average shooter...though not by much. Ok lets split this down a bit:

Graphics: KIllzone 3's graphics are very good indeed, though not as amazing as they were when Killzone 2 came out (its the same engine) they are still very impressive. Animation wise and physics wise its a great engine, with enemies moving naturally and when shot falling and clutching body parts in a very impressive way. The ballistics and explosions are good too, although the sheer amount of action going on can be very visually confusing. The game also suffers from literally everything being grey, walls, floors and the enemy are often almost exactly the same colour, making this confusing and aesthetically dull. Even so if you like you'r shooters looking nice then Killzone is a must. 8.5/10

Gameplay: Again, the gameplay is very solid, guns have just the right weight and never feel unnatural, every weapon has just the right rate of fire and recoil to make them feel satisfying. The enemy AI is also one of the more competent and clever AI's in recent games, and can put up some semblance of a fight (which is nice) friendly AI is more of a problem though, friendly team members constantly shout at you to do things you'r already doing and get in you'r way. Either that or they run out and get mown down. Even so, very satisfying gameplay. 9/10

Story/Characters: Killzone's story is mediocre and linear at best, and plain bad at worst, its uninspired and this is disappointing, I mean its a space-war for Christ's sake, and yet we could easily be fighting in 1945 Germany. So the story is poor, and the depiction of the Helgast is bizarre too, the games' intro makes a point to inform the player how tragic the Helgast are, and that they are if anything the true victims. Yet when the game begins it goes back to evil Nazi Helgast v good wholesome American ISN. The characters are literally the worst most obnoxious jingoistic characters I've ever been forced to play as, not quite as horrificly stupid as they were in Killzone 2 (where killing their own comrades for annoying them was the order of the day), but not far off. Indeed I get the impression the real reason the Helgast have to be constantly shown murdering prisoners is just so we remember who the bad guys are supposed to be. They remind me of the Gears of War characters, except without the sense of irony which makes them tolerable. So yeah, very poor writing. If you want a FPS with some teeth, try Half Life 2, Bioshock, even Resistance 3. 4/10

Multiplayer: The multiplayer is average, nothing more and nothing less, its fun certainly, but only in the sense that COD's multiplayer is fun. Its fast frantic and requires little actual skill. This is no Battlefield 2 or 2142, and whilst teamwork will help, its defiantly not essential,the small size of the maps means that the game is pretty much a frantic free for all. Warzone does introduce some nice challenges, capture the flag, assassination and seek and destroy for example, and these certainly raise it above COD a little. Still there are some really noobie aspects to the game, Killzone 'marksmen' (sniper class) are the most noobie skill-less snipers ever. Not only are they armed with a one shot kill rifle, they can go invisible AND they can block enemy radar making them invisible on that too, on several maps its literally suicide not to go as one. There is also an insti-kill melee move, meaning that if someone is shooting you from only a couple of meters away you can always just hit the instant win button. Its incredibly noobie and basically sums up KIllzone's entire multiplayer in a nutshell. Again, its still fun, but their are better much more skill-full multiplayer games out there. 6/10.

So there you have it, Killzone 3, not bad, just not great. If more effort had been put into actually delivering a quality game people would have reason to re-play, as opposed to the COD rival it obviously is, then it would have been much much better.

Dragon Age - Asunder: 3 (Dragon Age 3)
Dragon Age - Asunder: 3 (Dragon Age 3)
by David Gaider

4.0 out of 5 stars A case of rounding up..., 3 Mar. 2012
So, yeah. I liked this novel. It had good characters, an interesting premise and did the job of filling the gap between games. To be honest, however, it was lacking. I struggled to give it four stars... but then, hey, it wasn't three - ideally it would be three and a half but you can't give that can you? Hence the case of rounding up.

**There could be minor spoilers here**

Why only three and a half you say? Well my main gripe is the sheer amount of time that it took for anything to actually happen. The first few chapters can be forgiven for setting the scene - every text needs to establish context. However, without giving anything away, it wasn't until the middle of the book when things really started to pick up momentum. Now I know things need a beginning, middle and end etcetera but getting to the point where the story, in my opinion at least, truly 'begins' shouldn't take about nine chapters or over 160 pages.

Another thing is that I didn't like what it did with one of my favourite characters from Dragon Age: Origins. Its handling of Wynne as a character was... strange, due to how much she had changed from who she was in the game. The relationship she had with Rhys was, for me, not explored anywhere near enough either.

Also, on the topic of characters, they weren't really explored enough for my liking. For example, you get hit by a revelation about one of them at the very end of the book and nothing more is really made of it and there is no time to explore the discovery. The female Templar, Evangeline, is also underused. Sure, you find out a little about her and it is enough for the purpose of the story but I still felt as though she was a bit of a none-character. Also, sometimes the characters from the games who make an appearance seem as if they are there purely to please fans and that can make them seem a little redundant but there are also some interesting characters - see the Lord Seeker for one.

That being said, once you reach chapter nine and beyond the story really heats up and it is a very interesting read. You get the sense that something truly large is at stake and Gaider writes in a very descriptive way, which nicely sets the scene and allows you to clearly visualise what is going on; throughout the text I had a vivid picture of the locations and what characters looked like.

It is a good book and fits in nicely with the series as a whole, with a few nods to the games and the other novels - particularly with the inclusions of some key characters. I would definitely recommend it to fans of Dragon Age but those who are new to the series and the games - particularly if they have not played Dragon Age 2 - may not understand what is going on. For that reason, it is not really a very good stand alone text.

In short: its good. Slow to start but has an intriguing premise and leads up to a very interesting finale. I would recommend it to fans of the series but suggest that those new to it start with the games, or at least read up on them, before giving it a go.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars An oldie, but a goodie!, 7 Jan. 2012
First of all, I only got round to playing this game in December last year (2011!), so I am a little late to the party! I had been considering it for a long time, as I had heard great things about it, and so when my birthday approached I subtly hinted to my boyfriend that I wanted it and voila! it was mine :)

That aside, it was fantastic to play an excellent RPG again. You can really see where Bioware took inspiration for Mass Effect - one of my favourite games of all time.

The characters are fantastic, the dialogue is great AND well acted, the locations are beautiful and the lightsaber combat is really entertaining. The story in general is brilliant and there is an excellent revelation - in my opinion a great piece of storytelling.

Obviously the graphics are not up to today's standards but I imagine they were fantastic for the time when it was originally released - besides, the old graphics do not in any way take anything away from the gaming experience.

My two main niggles are as follows:
1) The main hassle is the fact that there is no "quicksave" function, so you have to manually save. Modern games have spoiled me with this I feel, so having to manually save all the time is annoying for me AND takes up a lot of save spaces... especially as I save A LOT :P
2) The combat seems to jump in difficulty. For example, I will be fighting one group of enemies who are pretty easy to kill, then fight another group of the same type of enemy, and they are much much harder.

There are some other, very minor, issues - lack of "darkside" companions and the inability to customise your character's appearance (you choose from a ready made selection) for example - however, the game is still excellent and much better than some of the rubbish we had last year. I did a 22 hour run-through for my first go ("darkside") and found it to be really enjoyable; I have since started again and realised that I barely even scratched the surface. I can see my current run-through being a good 25 hours at least, so for the money you pay it is a great bargain with some good replay value!

In short, the game does have its flaws - mainly, granted, to do with its age - however, it is a fantastic RPG and is a genuinely fun game to play. If you are a fan of the Star Wars universe, or even just of Sci Fi in general, you love RPGs and want a game you can really sink your teeth into that has a great story and great characters, then I would definitely recommend this game :)

Page: 1 | 2