Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Mary Berry Cooks
Mary Berry Cooks
by Mary Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I listened to myself!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mary Berry Cooks (Hardcover)
I have been baking for years and have always loved it. I have just made orange curd butterfly buns and followed the recipe exactly. With this mixture I would have made 18 buns but Mary said 12. I even weighed out the mixture into the cases just as she said, a thing I have never done. Why oh why didn't I go with my experience and make 18. Far too much mixture in each case and because of this I had difficulty getting the buns out of the tin. Tasted good though and as its the only recipe I have used I have given it three stars.

Chinese Whispers (The China Thrillers Book 6)
Chinese Whispers (The China Thrillers Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet!, 22 Mar 2014
I read the Lewis Man trilogy and Peter May's writing made me want to visit the Isle of Lewis. I have now just finished reading Chinese Whispers, hopefully not the last of the China Thrillers trilogy. Now I want to visit China! You could read these books in any order but I feel I really know and care about the characters having read the books in order. At one point towards the end I found myself thinking "How on earth is he going to get out of this". I would recommend Peter May's books to anyone who likes a good thriller. With all of Peter May's books you are into the story from the beginning. I think this is his best yet and can't wait for the next - please let there be a next.

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Archer, 1 July 2012
Like Sins of the Father, I couldn't put this sequel down. Easy reading, excellent plot with many twists and turns, but I felt it was a bit rushed in parts - maybe because I didn't want it to end. Can't wait for the third book. Put me in mind of Kane and Abel, the first book of Archer's I read. In fact I might read that one again.

The Definitive Christie Hennessy
The Definitive Christie Hennessy
Offered by cdworld-ireland

4.0 out of 5 stars Confused!, 19 Sep 2011
Having heard Christie Hennessy's 'Remember Me' on the radio I loved it and his voice. This CD is very easy to listen to and I'm pleased I bought it, but has he recorded two songs entitled 'Remember Me' as the one on this CD is not the one I heard on the radio?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2011 8:38 PM BST