Profile for Goldgraham > Reviews

Eyefi Mobi 8GB WiFi SDHC CARD + FREE 90 days Eyefi Cloud
Eyefi Mobi 8GB WiFi SDHC CARD + FREE 90 days Eyefi Cloud
Offered by Top-Tech-Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplest way to transfer pictures, 4 Jan. 2015
Easy, elegant way to move pictures from camera to PC or tablet. Works well on my windows 7 and Nexus. You can acquire pictures as they are taken or take a batch of photos which will transfer once you in range of your device running the Eyefi Software.

This version creates a local wireless connection so you have to disconnect from your wireless network while you talk to the card. At work we use a dongle to create a second network or cable connect a laptop.
It is quite a expensive option just to transfer pictures but removes the need for cables or for card transfer.
the more expensive version connects to your wifi and upload directly from the camera. Some cameras can be remotely controlled so picture taking is controlled and triggered from the PC, phone or tablet.

The Digital Photography Handbook: An Illustrated Step-by-step Guide
The Digital Photography Handbook: An Illustrated Step-by-step Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars good for a beginner, 4 Jan. 2015
Useful book for beginners like me. Ready to buy a more complicated camera now. Needs to be read on a colour device.

7dayshop Sport V4.0+EDR Bluetooth Wireless Sport Stereo Earbuds Headphones Headset with Mic - Funk Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 8 Mar. 2014
Works out of the box with my Nexus and my windows phone. Good sound quality and plenty of volume. Phone overides player and messages ping and accept verbal instructions.
I am still on the first battery charge and I have been using it a lot in an attempt to exhaust the battery. It doesn't work with my Dell laptop which complains about the driver.
Remarkable quality for the money looks uncomfortable but fits comfortably over the ears.

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
Offered by PortaPow

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and effective, 30 Nov. 2013
I have had a few problems with chargers and what they will and won't charge.No problem with the PortaPow.
It charges my Windows phone in about an hour and my Nexus in about three. My partners new Nexus charges faster than that. My Kindle tolerant as ever is happy with this.

I have used this in UK, Australia, Hong Kong and East Midlands Trains and the performance is consistent.

It's probably true of all charges but I find some connecting cables work better than others, probably down to quality. The Asus and Nokia cables are more reliable than some of unbranded ones I have acquired over the years.

Generals: Ten British Commanders who Shaped the World
Generals: Ten British Commanders who Shaped the World
by Mark Urban

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent review of the British army from the restoration to world war II, 10 July 2013
The approach of telling the story through the movers and shakers works very well. The personal details put the military commanders in context. An enjoyable read but plenty of substance.

ONX3 NOKIA LUMIA 620 PREMIUM PU CREDIT CARD SLOT Black Leather Flip Case + LCD Screen Protector Guard
Offered by ONX3

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects the phone, convenient to use, 26 May 2013
Phone clips securely into the leather case which protects it when dropped. Not too bulky. Opens from the bottom, side opener might be more convenient.

Excel Formulas That Automate Tasks You No Longer Have Time For (How To Get The Most Done In The Least Time Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special, 26 May 2013
Mostly useful stuff. But not much a competent excel user wouldn't know or wouldn't find quite easily. Apparently Amazon don't like brevity.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike carrier I could find, 1 Feb. 2013
I bought this as a QLP Diamant2. It's excellent, very well made in steel and aluminum easy to unfold and fit and takes the bikes and holds them very firmly. Everything slides and clicks into place in a very satisfactory way. The fold-ability means you can put it in the car while out on the bikes and the locks provide good enough security for a coffee stop. It's easy to fit on the tow bar but you may find it heavy to lift with one hand while you lock it into place, operating the locking lever is like applying a hand-brake. Once fitted lifting the bikes on is is easy.

It comes fully assembled, it just needs adjusting to your towball (only the first time you use it), connecting to the electrics, with the dual 7/13 connector, and unfolding. The wheel stops and steadies can be adjusted to any size of the bike. It has a 60Kg payload. The nose weight is 78Kg fully loaded but even my electric bike gets no where near the maximum weight.

Very well built and good value for the price (I paid £150) with 2 year manufacturers warranty.

Anker® Astro2 8400mAh Dual USB Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, G, and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, 4 Jan. 2013
I bought these as presents and haven't tested charge times yet. It's a solid piece of kit, I tested it with a Nokia phone (which is temperamental about which usb charger and cable is used with it) a Nexus and Kindle and all started to charge quite happily.

You can charge 2 items at the same time (but they take twice as long) and it advises disconnection on full. The battery feels heavy so I believe it would charge a number of items with out a recharge. There is no lead and charger for the device itself, they assume you already have one.

The output cables are unique pin to USB connectors. Why can't these devices use standard USB connectors?

Philips Shaver Series 5000 with TripleTrack Blades and Pop-up Trimmer PT920/19
Philips Shaver Series 5000 with TripleTrack Blades and Pop-up Trimmer PT920/19

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 30 Dec. 2012
Never used an electric shaver before, I bought this for travel when wet shaving might be difficult. I am impressed. I read a lot of reviews of shavers before deciding on this one. Judging by the reviews shaving is a very personal thing and men seem very attached to types and models of shaver. The reviews put me off foil razors.

It works well, doesn't pull or make me sore. I was surprised by the technique which I thought would catch the skin but it not with the Philips. It's not quite as close as wet shave, but it's convenient, quick and effective. It's quick and easy to clean. The battery life is better than expected ( or perhaps shaving is quicker than I expected).

I does exactly what I wanted it for.

Page: 1 | 2