Profile for Ibiza > Reviews

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking., 24 Feb 2014
This is an excellent, thought provoking book. I couldn't put it down. It read as if the author had a true understanding of schizophrenia. Which obviously must really help with his work.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 3 Feb 2014
I don't know why this book is so popular. I read it, and hated it, years ago. I hoped that with age I might enjoy it more, but the answer is no.

Nosh for Students - A Fun Student Cookbook - Photo with Every Recipe
Nosh for Students - A Fun Student Cookbook - Photo with Every Recipe
by Joy May
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 3 Feb 2014
I have bought copies for all the grand children. I feel it has set them up for adult life. I also bought copies for my sister and myself. The recipes are very successful and tasty. They are easy to follow and cheap to make. I am giving a grandson cookery lessons using this book.

The Iliad
The Iliad

3.0 out of 5 stars Different version., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Iliad (Kindle Edition)
I adored this book at school, but it must have been a different, possibly condensed, translation as I did not recognise any of the language here. I want to try and identify my school version as we learnt passages by heart and I still remember some.

The Talisman
The Talisman

4.0 out of 5 stars A school read, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Talisman (Kindle Edition)
I read, and loved this at school many years ago. I still love it, but can see that for today's readers it might pose a significant challenge.

The Cloister and the Hearth
The Cloister and the Hearth

5.0 out of 5 stars Reread after many years., 9 Jun 2013
This was the first book given to us as eleven year old girls at secondary school. At the time I loved it. Having just read it sixty+ years later, I can see why! The story is compelling and exciting with plenty of romance. It is so well told that modern books pale in comparison. Nowadays, I don't think such a book would even be considered as a school read. It is such a shame.

Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials: A Multiple Allegory: Attacking Religious Superstition in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Paradise Lost: Attacking ... Witch and the Wardrobe' and ' Paradise Lost'
Price: 4.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 23 April 2013
I did not read the synopsis carefully, so thought I was buying the trilogy itself. This Allegory was a huge disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 8:59 AM BST

Skechers Women's Planet Top Side Navy Casual Lace Ups 39556 4 UK
Skechers Women's Planet Top Side Navy Casual Lace Ups 39556 4 UK
Price: 35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Suitable fo my purposes, 23 April 2013
I have. A pair of these in white already, I wore them most days on holiday last year as they are spacious and my feet swell in hot weather. My only criticism is that they are a little scratchy inside, this may improve with wear. I love the fact that Skechers give a pair of shoes to a child in the third world for every pair sold.

Northern Lights
Northern Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Northern Lights (Kindle Edition)
This is my favourite book of all time. I think it should be compulsory reading at school for all teenagers.

Sophie's World
Sophie's World
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sophie's World (Kindle Edition)
I was given an ancient copy of this book sonme years ago. I loved it and intended to reread it. However the print was very small so I have purchased it on Kindle. The story is interesting in itself and provides a fascinating guide to philosophy: A subject about which I previously knew little. I have given the original to someone studying the subject at A level.

Page: 1 | 2