Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Content by Jackie

Jackie

The Disenchanted Widow
The Disenchanted Widow

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and very funny - I couldn't put it down, 21 Sept. 2013
This is a very funny story about Bessie & her son Herckie (short for Herculese) , who go on the run from the IRA. Her worthless husband had hidden the money from an IRA bank robbery before he was killed in a car accident. Bessie had no idea where the money was hidden, but she knew the IRA would kill her if she didn't escape. So she flees her Belfast home and goes on the run.

A Day At The Office
A Day At The Office

3.0 out of 5 stars A book about office romances is not my kind of book, but i did keep going until the predictable end., 21 Sept. 2013
There was nothing wrong with the writing, just a boring plot about office romances. I thought it was going to be funny,but it wasn't.

Dear Sister
Dear Sister

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly good read, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dear Sister (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It moved along at a good pace and kept me wanting to get back for more. There was nothing predictable about it, yet it came to a satisfactory end. I highly recommend it.

The Granny Square Book: Timeless Techniques and Fresh Ideas for Crocheting Square by Square
by Margaret Hubert
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 7 May 2013
Having been a knitter for years I thought I'd have a go at crocheting and this book is a prefect learning tool. Not only does it provide a step by step guide to all the crochet stitches it also shows how to read a pattern and different methods of joining granny squares. There are plenty of granny square designs for the beginner through to the experienced, which I'm sure I will soon be with guidance from this book.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid

4.0 out of 5 stars Winter In Madrid, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It was very well entertaining and full of twists and turns. Not at all unpredictable. A jolly good read.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & funny, 8 Feb. 2013
I loved everything about this book. I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud so much when reading a novel. Pure entertainment from start to finish.

Outnumbered - Series 1-3 Box Set (Plus 2009 Christmas Special) [DVD]
Outnumbered - Series 1-3 Box Set (Plus 2009 Christmas Special) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered - brilliant TV comedy, 14 Mar. 2011
I love Outnumbered - it's funny and very entertaining. It is great to have available to play whenever I want.