Profile for M. Eagle > Reviews

Ski-Doo Challenge (PS3)
Ski-Doo Challenge (PS3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Arcadey sled stunt racing, 12 April 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Snowmobiling is fun in real life, and this game almost gets there in terms of replicating that. The in game visuals are good with the snow and ice looking realistic, although the main menu text looks like it came from a PS2 game. The feeling of being on a ski-doo on the ice or snow is well replicated in how it reacts to your control inputs. Tracks are varied and challenging, though at times very frustrating as one wrong move can send you off the course potentially ruining your race. The same can be said for the computer AI with other racers often crashing into you and sending you off into a tree or barrier. As the number of laps are few it can take too long to recover, which means a lot of race restarting. There is no racing for points that count towards a championship as you would expect in a racing game, its just a case of racing to finish first at each circuit to unlock more tracks, snowmobiles or driver clothing.
The snowmobiles can be upgraded by a small amount but there is no things like suspension settings to adjust the handling. The other side to the game is stunt riding, which at times is even more frustrating as you have a limited time to score points for tricks you do, which of course dont register if you crash, which happened a lot for me! Fortunately the trick circuits arent as numerous as the race ones, but the mixing of the 2 together means this is a bit of a muddled game. For me they should have separated the 2 disciplines into separate competitions with a world championship for each over a season.
Overall quite a good game which appeals more to the arcade racer. Its a shame the game modes couldnt have had more separation.

CAR CHARGER USB ADAPTOR IPOD NANO / TOUCH / IPHONE 3G 3G S 3GS / IPHONE 4 / IPAD / TOUCH 2 / TOUCH 3 / TOUCH 4 PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by Oxfordshire Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars USB in a 3 series BMW, 19 Mar. 2012
I use this in my BMW's arm rest power socket as there isnt much space above the socket. Fits a treat and works as it should, currently using to power my iPod Touch via USB. LED comes on when power is being fed from the car and metal handle is handy addition for when it comes to removing the adaptor from the socket.
An almost essential product if you have restricted access to your cars cigarette lighter/power socket.

TRIXES USB 3.5mm AUX Audio Data Charger Cable for iPod iPhone
TRIXES USB 3.5mm AUX Audio Data Charger Cable for iPod iPhone
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Touch in a BMW, 19 Mar. 2012
Initially I had another connector for my BMW's Aux socket in the armrest, however as I have an old iPod Touch the battery seems to run out quicker these days. Decided therefore to get one of these so it can be charged while listening at the same time.
It connects to the cars sockets and iPod without any issues, as long as you have a flush fitting USB car power socket adaptor. The cable is rather long but that can sometimes be handy when someone in the back of the car wants to select albums on the iPod. The cable is just about thin enough for it to be fed out from under the closed arm rest. Most importantly the sound quality is excellent with no apparent interference when the car engine is running.
So overall a good value connector.

RICHBROOK UNIVERSAL FITTING CAR BOOT LIP & BUMPER COVER/PROTECTOR WITH VELCRO FIXING
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your car bumper, 19 Mar. 2012
Having managed to take a chunk out of my car's bumper while loading our babies folding pram into the boot, I decided to look into getting a protector. As I have a 2008 3 series BMW saloon I initially looked into what BMW had to offer. However they looked rather thin and not up to the job. I then noticed this on Amazon.
This fits in the boot with no issues with the velcro strip securing it to the material lining the bottom of the boot. The dimensions are perfect for my car and cover a good portion of the top half of the bumper once folded out. It even allows access to the handle that opens up the inner compartment in the base of the boot, with its dimensions not protruding over the sides of the compartments lid. This particular protector is about 5mm thick so should provide good protection against sharp objects.
A good purchase which will save your bumper from expensive damage, I just wish I had thought about one of these before damaging mine!

Thrustmaster V.I.P Case for PS Vita (PlayStation Vita)
Thrustmaster V.I.P Case for PS Vita (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Cmal2_GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Why all the hate?, 9 Mar. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First off I think Amazon need to change the rating stars for this from a game to a regular rating system.
I must admit I was worried having ordered this and then seeing all the negative reviews while I was waiting for the item. To be honest though when I received it I thought it wasnt so bad. Sure the plastic of the bottom does feel a bit cheap but I think the manufacturer was trying to replicate the matt and polished blacks of the VITA. The plastics do flex a bit and arent rigid like a glasses case, but once the VITA is inside it seems sturdy enough. And it is a snug fit, hence the ribbon tab to aid in taking it out. The lining of the case is nice and should prevent the VITA from getting scratched. My only concern is even though the hinge is strong, as there is no clip or latch holding the lid shut I would worry if this were carried loosely in a bag. However as my VITA is mostly used at home this becomes a convenient storage case for the portable PS3 to sit on the coffee table. The 2 ledges on the inside of the lid do not contact and therefore press on any of the buttons or thumb sticks.
Overall the case isnt that much bigger than the VITA and its smooth looks viewed from the top fit in well with the VITA's styling. If I could I would have given 3.5 stars but since the case has grown on me I decided on 4.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 8:13 PM GMT

Toshiba E05A050SAU3ER_C STOR.E ART 4 500GB USB 3.0 2.5 inch Hard Drive - Red
Toshiba E05A050SAU3ER_C STOR.E ART 4 500GB USB 3.0 2.5 inch Hard Drive - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat form factor portable hard drive, 15 Feb. 2012
Bought this for my other half as she has managed to fill her old portable hard drive with photo's etc. She wanted a 500GB one to clear some space on our laptop hard drive. After the good reviews thought I would try this, and Toshiba have a good reputation for their laptops, if not so well known for their hard drives.
The unit arrived quickly, reasonably well packaged and I am told was easy to setup and start using. I think only a small portion of the drive was taken up with the usual software that comes with these drives. All in all she was very pleased with it and its small size and stylish design.
I was a bit disappointed to find that it didnt come with the soft drawstring bag shown in one of the photo's, but the list of box contents on the side showed that this drive doesnt come with a bag. So not sure why a picture is shown on here with one.
In summary a good well priced little drive.

YONEX Tournament Active Backpack, Royal Blue
YONEX Tournament Active Backpack, Royal Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart backpack for your racket sports, 6 Feb. 2012
I play badminton and recently started carrying around 2 rackets as one of the strings broke. I therefore needed something to carry them around in, along with some shuttle cocks which usually end up rolling round in the boot of my car.
I had looked at the more conventional badminton racket bags but saw this on Amazon and liked the idea and styling. The bag has 3 zipped compartments. The back one for carrying rackets, I have managed to fit 2 Yonex rackets in with their full length covers still on.
The middle compartment is a bit bigger and can fit playing gear in such as shirts and shorts and perhaps a towel. The final front pocket can fit other smaller items in which I have managed to fit a medium sized tube of shuttle cocks. There are also 2 netted pockets on either side of the bag in which small bottles of drink can be placed.
Overall a neat little solution for keeping all your badminton gear in one place, that appears to be made from quality materials. Also delivery of this item was nice and prompt.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 4:53 PM GMT

Babyco Baby Walker with Rocker Pink
Babyco Baby Walker with Rocker Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, could have been better executed, 6 Feb. 2012
This was purchased as a Christmas present for our daughter who is now 9 months old. Doesnt take too much assembly and seemed sturdy and up to the job. It was up until the point where our daughter got a bit excited standing in the walker, jumped up and down a bit and one of the plastic clips holding the support mat snapped. She is only 18 pounds in weight so this shouldnt have happened.
The other thing we noticed is that even though we had it on its lowest height setting, her legs werent long enough to touch the floor, so at the moment we just have it on the rocking setting.
The attached activity station is quite a good idea, however the activities on it are made of a hard plastic and one time our daughter accidentally headbutted the part nearest to her! Fortunately the activity station can be removed to leave a small tray in which her other toys can be placed. The other point about this station is that one of the buttons activates a tune. Trouble is it is very loud and there is no way to turn down the volume. This function also requires 2 AA batteries which arent supplied.
Overall a nice baby walker/rocker that our little one enjoys being in, its just a shame a bit more thought hasnt been put into the design.

Brand New Ferrari Case/Back Cover FOR APPLE IPHONE 4 4S
Brand New Ferrari Case/Back Cover FOR APPLE IPHONE 4 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Make things look like Ferrari made them!, 6 Feb. 2012
I bought these stickers as I have a few Ferrari models in display cases that needed a Ferrari badge on the base. Not knowing the size of these I took a punt on buying them. Luckily the smaller stickers were of suitable size and the larger ones were suitable for use with a display case I have with replica F1 helmet in.
The smaller enamel badges are glossy and contoured and of size 2cm wide by 3cm long.
The larger badges are flat and are 6cm wide by 7cm long.
They stick well to plastic and metal and the printing of the Ferrari insignia looks top quality. Some of the best Ferrari insignia reproductions I have seen.
They also arrived well packaged in little sealed plastic bags.

FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad
FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Jan. 2012
I have an iPod Touch and a BMW with professional audio unit and aux connection point in the cars arm rest. Initially I tried connecting the iPod through its headphone socket but found that I had to turn the volume on the iPod to max, and then still have to raise the volume of the car stereo. This wasnt so much of an issue but the volume seemed to ever so slightly fluctuate from loud to quiet during playback. Having seen reviews stating that connection through the dock connector of the iPod eliminates volume issues I decided to try this connector.
So far it has done the job with the volume staying at the level it has been set at on the car stereo, with crystal clear sound as expected from a good connector. I of course had to use an extension cable to be able to position the iPod just outside of the armrest, but fortunately I already had one of these and the thinner cable of the extension lead enabled the armrest to be closed.
Its not obvious from the product photo but the connectors are gold coloured, but am not sure if this is gold plating or just the connectors themselves being made from a copper alloy. The cable also comes packaged in a small foil backed ziplock bag, similar to what computer circuit boards are stored in.
If you are looking for a cheap connector to link your iPod to a car stereo through an auxiliary socket then you cant really go wrong with this. The only slight bug with it is the bend in the cable which doesnt seem to want to straighten out!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9