Profile for M. Eagle > Reviews

Content by M. Eagle

M. Eagle (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Naamio Clutch For 7 " Tablet / iPad Mini / Nexus 7 / Kobo Wireless / Sony PRS-T1 eReaders Case & Other Device Cover - Chocolate & Burnt Orange
Offered by inno-in

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for mini tablets, 18 Jan. 2013
My wife has a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with a gelskin cover. However when she needs to take it out, an outer case was required with some added storage for cables etc. Saw this after a bit of searching and decided to purchase.
The tablet fits fine in the central compartment, even with its gelskin still on and there are numerous pockets for other items. We even bought a folding Mu plug which sits in one of them! The only issue I could see is if there are too many bulky items in the pockets the case can end up being quite chunky, and if something heavy was accidentally put on top of it I am not sure what damage could then be done to the tablet by those items pressing through the internal fabric onto its screen.
My wife loves it however and liked the combination of orange and brown colours.

Assecure Black 10 in 1 Game Card Holder Protective Case Storage Box for Sony PS Vita (PSP Vita, PSV)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps game cards safe, 18 Jan. 2013
The case I keep my Vita in (Thrustmaster) didnt have storage for the game cards, so after a little searching decided to buy this. Its quite small and thin so was able to keep it inside the Vita's case, sitting on top of the Vita. The card holder is 1cm thick, 11.2cm long and 4.2cm wide.
It can be a little fiddly inserting cards into its central holder, but once inside you can view the game cards through the transparent windows of the cases cover. A recommended purchase.

Halogen Bulb Removal Tool Green
Halogen Bulb Removal Tool Green
Offered by Paragon Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Works best on flat surfaces, 14 Dec. 2012
We have some energy efficient GU10 fluorescent bulbs in downlighters in our kitchen. One of which started playing up recently and required removal. As these are recessed in the ceiling its difficult to get a purchase on them to twist for release, and then pull down to extract. Saw this device on Amazon and decided to give it a go. First attempts proved that this struggles on the new type of GU10 bulbs which have a slightly curved surface, unlike old halogen GU10's which are flat glass. Tested it on some flat surfaces and found it to have great suction and grip. I decided to perservere and eventually got it to work on the bulb and eventually remove it. Also works well when trying to refit the bulbs as gives extra grip when rotating them back into electrical contacts in the socket.
In summary this works better on bulbs with flat surfaces, but with a bit of trial and error can work on those with slightly curved surfaces.

Eco Flap Letterplate - Draught Proof Your Letterbox (white)
Eco Flap Letterplate - Draught Proof Your Letterbox (white)
Offered by Lake Home and Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 14 Dec. 2012
We had a standard metal flap fitted over the letterbox on the inside of our front door which was noisy when post was delivered, and condensation formed on it when frosty outside. Of course could also feel the cold seeping round the sides of the flap. Bought this on the strength of its claims. Easy to fit, even to a metal skin front door. Doesnt come supplied with screws which is a shame. Instructions state that this is because all doors are different thicknesses etc. I feel most doors have a minimum thickness they could have supplied a suitable screw length for.
Mechanism works well and does indeed keep cold air out and warm air in the house, important for us as our thermostat is located in the hallway a few feet from the front door. Also a lot less noisy than the old flap when post comes through. Isnt the most aesthetically pleasing letterbox flap but it does its job.

APCarCare.com AP6600 Microfibre Towel Drying Pack 6 Cloths
APCarCare.com AP6600 Microfibre Towel Drying Pack 6 Cloths

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful in the bathroom too!, 14 Dec. 2012
Knowing that microfibre towels are good for drying a car after washing, and having had no success with microfibre towels for the home. Decided to try these for drying out the shower after using it. I chose these as unlike most other automotive towels, these were quite small and therefore manageable in the bathroom. You also get 6 towels. I have to say these work really well when it comes to soaking up the water, and leave no streak marks on the glass. Once saturated they also wring out easily in the sink. I also didnt need to pre-wash these before use, unlike other microfibre towels.
For me the description was a little misleading as it suggested they supply the 6 in a range of colours, all I got were bright red/pink coloured towels, so if you want a range of colours beware. Otherwise I am happy with this purchase.

King Animal
King Animal
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Delux not even for die-hards!, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: King Animal (Audio CD)
Soundgarden are my favourite band, I have all their albums and a lot of their CD singles that contain some of their rarer stuff. Like many others I was excited on the announcement of this new album and even pre-ordered the delux version.
The first listen was a little underwhelming as only the first track really appealed to me. However, like another reviewer has said it can take a number of listens to get into some of Soundgarden's later material, which holds true for this release. Also like their last album, a lot of the songs seem largely influenced by Chris, and if you have listened to his solo albums you will know where I am coming from. Fortunately there is enough of a balance with the old school Soundgarden style to offset this.
Now comes the negative, the last 3 tracks on this delux version are just demo's of 3 of the other tracks on the album. Now I wish I had read the tracklist more closely on Amazon, but being a fan I just went ahead and ordered what I thought would be the best version. As a result I feel a little short changed and let down by the band because 3 extra pounds hasnt got me 3 extra songs! And the demo's certainly dont add anything, other than run time. Am sure they had extra material when recording this album that they could have included instead on the delux version.
My advice is get the non-delux version, even if like me you are a Soundgarden fan.

006/C Chandelier Chrome Finished 8" Height Ceiling rose and lamp Holder with Shade Ring
Offered by first class lighting limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Better looking alternative to standard ceiling rose, 30 Oct. 2012
We recently fitted a Next chrome and crystal glass lightshade to a ceiling rose in our kitchen/dining room. It always bugged me that it looked out of place on the standard white item fitted in houses. After a bit of searching I found this, having not seen anything suitable in the shops. It arrived well packaged and was fairly simple to connect up. The only issue being that this fitment didnt come with a connector block. Fortunately I was able to scavenge the one out of the ceiling rose this replaced. Being 8 inches long it hangs the same height from the ceiling as a standard light fitting, but of course the mirror chromed finish sets off the light shade beautifully, making the whole ceiling rose and shade seem like one piece.

Kent Q6100 Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel
Kent Q6100 Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel
Offered by BFC

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbs water like a sponge!, 16 April 2012
Over the years I have used Chamois leathers and more recently Meguiars water magnet cloth to dry my cars. Never really liked using Chamois as they are a pain to keep in good condition. While the water magnet was good when using from dry, once soaked with water even after wringing out it would still leave small drops of water on the paintwork.
Having seen the good reviews I decided to get two of these towels. They arrived within a few days of ordering, but at first I was a little alarmed when opening one of the towels out and it started shedding little yellow pieces everywhere! Fortunately this stopped after a few shakes so imagine these were bits of material left over from the manufacturing process. When it came to drying the car, water was absorbed quickly with very small streaks of water visible while passing over the paintwork. As these were so small they soon evaporated off, even though ambient temperature was quite chilly. The one towel managed to absorb all the water off a 3 series BMW saloon, and not require wringing out.
The next surprise came when I then hung the towel up on the washing line to dry, it only took a few hours to completely dry out and feel like it had when new. In summary a car product that lives up to its reputation. The only slight niggle, which every towel manufacturer is guilty of, is the label stitched into the corner. Labels can have quite stiff edges that might lightly scratch the paintwork, of course these can be cut off though.

BMW M3 M-Tech M Sport boot badge for 3 series
BMW M3 M-Tech M Sport boot badge for 3 series

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the badge I was expecting, 16 April 2012
As you might imagine for a car badge of this price, this isnt the genuine article. I expected this before I ordered, however judging by the photo shown I was expecting it to be a good copy. I was wrong however. To start with the 3 stripes next to the M are painted recesses rather than the smooth stickered type as shown in the photo, and on genuine badges. This resulted in thin silver borders between each stripe, similar to the M grille badge seen elsewhere on Amazon. The red stripe also has a darker red patch in the centre of it. Finally the 3 is a few mm shorter than the M, which ultimately wouldnt have bothered me as only intended to use the M badge. At least the badge is made from chromed plastic like the genuine ones are.
This could be a nice badge if you arent planning on sticking it to your BMW, but if you are I would spend the extra money and get a genuine one as I have since done. As I havent stuck it to my car I have no idea how well it adheres to bodywork, but it is backed with 3M adhesive.

Beach Chair Folding With Bag by Royal
Beach Chair Folding With Bag by Royal

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy compact chair, 12 April 2012
Bought this to be able to watch TV up in our bedroom. Unfolds quickly with no fuss and feels sturdy and secure when sitting in it. Importantly it is comfortable and gives good support to your back. The useful arm rests are a spongy foam which are in fact black rather than the blue shown in the picture. As this seat is low they help a lot when lowering into or getting out of it! I have quite short legs and have always had problems with deckchairs, or other foldaway camping chairs causing pressure on the underside of my thighs. As this chair is so low, my legs are almost horizontal in a far more relaxed position.
Once folded up this chair can be stored in its carrying bag which has the same colour design as the fabric shown, and also has a shoulder strap to help when carrying it. In summary a nice little chair which is just as useful on the beach, at a concert or as an extra relaxing chair at home, which doesnt take up much space when folded or in use.
This chair was delivered quickly and came well packaged.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9