Profile for LUCY LOCKETT > Reviews

Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by Champion Toys
Price: 3.39

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD, 6 April 2008
Watched this film for the second time and still have some reservations about it. Somewhat overrated regarding the acting of Meryl Streep I feel she didn`t always convince me. Very strong subject matter but failed to make me feel that involved with her and her sorrow. Loved the acting of the actor playing Stingo(having a senior moment can`t remember his name)
Felt for him a lot involved with two such troubled charaters as a young man finding his way in life. Gave the film 4 stars on the strength of his performance.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2010 8:15 AM GMT

What's Eating Gilbert Grape [1993] (Johnny Depp, Leonardo Di Caprio, Juliette Lewis) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky film but enjoyable, 3 Mar 2008
As a real Johnny Depp fan the main reason I watched this film was because he is the star. However like so many others who have reviewed this film I enjoyed it just as much for the other actors. All convincing characters. A touching story with a happy ending of sorts. What more can you want?

From Hell  (Special Edition)  [DVD]
From Hell (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

3.0 out of 5 stars JOHNNY DEPP FAN, 11 Nov 2007
My main reason for watching this film is my love of Johnny Depp and I do like a murder story especially one that is based however loosly on fact. I was left a little bemused at the end of this film especially when I watched the deleted scenes. However an enjoyable couple of hours all in all.

Chocolat [DVD] [2001]
Chocolat [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Juliette Binoche
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FUN, 1 Sep 2007
This review is from: Chocolat [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Have not read the book so cannot make any comparisons but have now seen the film twice and enjoyed it even more on the second viewing. If only all narrow minded and bigoted people were that easily converted life would be much easier! The cast seems just perfect to me with everyone having fun in their role. Can imagine that I will be watching it again one day.

Return To Paradise [DVD]
Return To Paradise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vince Vaughn
Price: 4.61

4.0 out of 5 stars SURPRISINGLY GOOD FILM, 11 Jun 2007
This review is from: Return To Paradise [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film more than I expected to which is always a happy position to be in I think. The acting was good and the story has a good ending with some sadness and some joy. Just like life really. Watch it yourself and see if you agree.

Wolf Creek (2 Disc Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Wolf Creek (2 Disc Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Jarratt
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.93

4.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN I EXPECTED, 12 Feb 2007
This is a better film than I expected it to be. Sure there are flaws but I found it quite disturbing and actually quite believable that there are sadistic out there in that remote and beautiful country. Always knew that the Aussies were mad ! The characters became all too real to me and I didn`t like what was happening to them one bit. Give it a go if you want a disturbing rather than scary film.

Jean De Florette / Manon Des Sources Double Pack [DVD] [1986]
Jean De Florette / Manon Des Sources Double Pack [DVD] [1986]
Dvd ~ Yves Montand
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars everything I hoped it would be, 12 Feb 2007
Having read the reviews by many others I was eager to see these 2 films and I wasn`t disappointed. My son bought them for me for my birthday so I have them to watch again whenever I need an uplift of my spirits. We all have spent many holidays in France and it almost felt like I was there in these 2 lovely films. Marvellous viewing.

The Descent (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
The Descent (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Shauna Macdonald
Price: 4.24

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing horror, 22 Oct 2006
Sorry to be out of tune with the rest of the reviewers but I thought this film was aweful and I wasted my time watching it. I love horror films but this one started with promise and then deteriorated to drivel and the acting was n`t up to much either.

A Handful Of Dust [1988] [DVD]
A Handful Of Dust [1988] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackson Kyle
Offered by media-4-u
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars HAUNTING FILM, 14 Jun 2006
Occasionally you see a film which stays in your mind and even disturbs you somewhat. This for me is one of those films. Not knowing much about it before hand I was n`t prepared for the savage story to be told of what people can do to one another. All the acting is superb and the music adds to the haunting effect that this film had on me. I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good story portrayed with style and expertise

and see if it haunts you too