Profile for Spirit of Karate > Reviews

Content by Spirit of Karate

Spirit of Karate "AG" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SILVER STUD EARRINGS MADE WITH AURORE BOREALE SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL. HIGH QUALITY. LOW PRICES.
Offered by pewterhooter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, pretty earrings, 24 Aug 2014
My mum had previously bought me a pair of these as a gift and I was gutted to find last week that one had fallen out and couldn't be found, so I went and ordered another pair. They are a nice size and really very pretty in the light. Also I can keep them in overnight without my ears getting inflamed, which is unusual for me.

Harry Potter Gryffindor Crest Ceramic Mug
Harry Potter Gryffindor Crest Ceramic Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition for a HP fan, 24 Aug 2014
I bought this mug to accompany the Hogwarts cup I previously bought (and have written a review about). It is a nice solid mug and the quality is good. The only reason I have not given it five stars is because I felt the actual drawing of the badge was not as classy as the Hogwarts one. (It looks more cartoon-like). As a huge Harry Potter fan I want to collect the full set but if I was only buying one I would choose the Hogwarts one over this.

A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 4)
A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet, 9 Aug 2014
I am a massive fan of The Chronicles of St Mary's collection and this book did not fail to meet my expectations. Somehow the author has managed to avoid the law of diminishing returns and has written what is, in my opinion, the best book of the series so far. This book had the capacity to make me laugh out loud one minute and be nearly crying the next. I was totally engrossed in the storyline and felt emotionally invested in the characters. The only downside is that I am now so tired as I have been up reading into the early hours of the morning for the last couple of nights.

Gifts and Accessories In the Country 16 Piece Dinner Set
Gifts and Accessories In the Country 16 Piece Dinner Set
Offered by Wayfair

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality set, 7 Aug 2014
The dinner set is of a fantastic quality; they are made of a nice thick pottery and the glaze gives it a lovely sheen. The dinner plates are of a very large size, so I will probably use tea plates a lot of the time but they will be nice to use when entertaining guests.

Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest Ceramic Mug
Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest Ceramic Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 3 Aug 2014
Really nice looking mug, with a very clear print. The mug itself is a great size and feels sturdy. The overall look and feel is actually of a very classy cup and I love it so much that I will be buying a Gryffindor one.

Computer Science: Java Enabled for International Baccalaureate
Computer Science: Java Enabled for International Baccalaureate
by Andrew Meyenn

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and overly complicated, 6 Feb 2014
This book is now out of date with the new IB Computer Science syllabus as students no longer have to pick Java as their programming language.

The books itself is poorly laid out, vague in parts, and the lack of an index makes searching for information difficult and onerous. I think there is a desperate need for a new IB Computer Science book.

Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Xbox One/360)  [Online Game Code]
Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Xbox One/360) [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain Free Purchasing, 20 Nov 2013
This is a brilliant system to get your Xbox Gold renewed quickly and at a much cheaper price than Microsoft offers. I bought the code, it was available immediately (no wait at all) and then I went to the Xbox site and keyed it in. Hey Presto! I now have 12 more months of Gold use. I will definitely renew this way in the future as it was a plan with no drawbacks!

Kala MK-S Makala Soprano Ukulele
Kala MK-S Makala Soprano Ukulele
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Ukulele for a low price, 8 Sep 2013
As a novice to the world of ukulele playing I was not prepared to spend too much on a ukulele. However I didn't want to go for one of the really budget ukuleles so decided to spend a bit more and get the Kala Makala. Based on the advice a few of the reviews I also bought some Aquila strings to go with it.

I found the ukulele had quite a nice clean sound and much preferred it to my friend's Mahalo Ukulele. I also thought the strings weren't too bad; after about 2 weeks they settled down and it no longer needs to be tuned every few minutes. They are also softer and more forgiving on the fingers than the Mahalo strings. I have decided to save the Aquila strings until either a string breaks or until I improve a bit in my playing (whichever comes first).

I would definitely recommend this as an entry level ukulele. I love it.

Fractured
Fractured

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad and sweet romance, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
It was nice to read a romance that was outside of the usual formulaic, cliché packed offerings. The storyline was different and as the characters were beautifully sculpted by the author it was easy to immerse myself within the book.

By the time I came to the end of the book I had run through a gamut of emotions and I am not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears at the ending.

The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)
The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem of a book, 3 Jun 2013
In this book a young mother from the less privileged part of town suddenly finds herself catapulted into a different world of money and the social trapfalls that come with it. The author paints a damning indictment of life in some of the poorer estates and shows how people can feel that they are on the scrapheap of society.

The characters within the book are carefully crafted and I felt abhorrence towards her feckless partner Colin, suspicion and aversion of the far too perfect Jennifer, whilst warming instantly to the wonderfully scatty Clover. You can really feel the ambivalence the main character Maia feels whilst she tries to balance up what is right for her and her children and what is financially possible. I felt the frustration and despair of being trapped in a life with no goals, no affection, no ambition and no escape. You feel the uplifting spark of hope as Maia spots a potentially different life for her and her children, and how quickly this can be snuffed out as the reality of a life of drudgery and without hope looms ahead.

Whilst I did spot some of the twists and turns of the book before they happened the twist near the end was a surprise, and I felt really well crafted. Again the streak of ambivalence that courses through the book as Maia struggles to deal with conflicting emotions.

I would definitely recommend this. Yes it is a romantic book, but it is so much more than that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4