Profile for Martin C > Reviews

Content by Martin C

Martin C "Martin C" (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Milky The Bunny
Milky The Bunny
Offered by TOYLAND PARMA

1.0 out of 5 stars Will entertain your child for about a day at best. Wiggles I ts feet about and makes a ..., 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Milky The Bunny (Toy)
Toffee the pony in a rabbit costume. Does very little and costs a fortune. Will entertain your child for about a day at best. Wiggles I ts feet about and makes a noise like a monty python character clacking coconuts together when a plastic carrot goes near it's face. Got love those demonic eyes though

BrainBox - Maths
BrainBox - Maths

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: BrainBox - Maths (Toy)
My 7 year old daughter was struggling a little with maths at school. As other reviewers have mentioned this wasn't an immediate hit upon opening a present to find a maths game. However she actually asks to play it now and it has definitely helped. It is structured more as a memory game, but the cards contain maths subjects such as geometry, percentages charts etc. The game is played where the child has 10 seconds to look at the card before a die is thrown and a corresponding question is asked. By attempting to memorise the features on the card math concepts are learnt almost by osmosis. Definitely worth the money and good that it can be played for any pre determined time so if you've only got 5 minutes it can still be used.

Lite Brix Moonlight Monsters Spooky Spa
Lite Brix Moonlight Monsters Spooky Spa

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 11 Feb. 2015
Very flimsy and poor quality in comparison to logo. I wouldn't buy anything else.

Everlast Jog II Mens Running Shoes Black/Charcoal 11 UK UK
Everlast Jog II Mens Running Shoes Black/Charcoal 11 UK UK
Offered by Sports Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money. maybe order one size bigger, 2 Feb. 2015
These do come up a bit small bit for the price they're light and fairly supportive running shoes.

KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY
KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY
Offered by KOMPBAY

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap upgrade, 12 Feb. 2013
I was looking for a cheap upgrade for a fairly sluggish old laptop. This RAM did the job. I was not familiar with the brand but the price was so good I thought it was worth a gamble. Works fine. Arrived quickly and well packaged. Recommended at this low price.

Lalaloopsy Sew Magical Mermaid Doll Coral Sea Shells
Lalaloopsy Sew Magical Mermaid Doll Coral Sea Shells
Offered by JAPAN SOUL QUALITY

4.0 out of 5 stars Lalaloopsy, 20 Dec. 2012
Being a bloke I always attempt to persuade my six year old daughter to choose scalextric/meccano etc, citing feminist principles to support my arguments. I have attempted to ban barbie dolls (not entirely successfully) and toy domestic appliances from the house. Someone bought my daughter an iron and ironing board for her second birthday! However I have relaxed my guardian reading sense of outrage when it comes to lallaloopsy. They are cute with an old fashioned vintage feel, and where I do prefer subbuteo I can see why my daughter loves these figures. She has several of the smaller figures and a playset, but has none of these larger figures as yet. She currently has a mermaid fixation and so this ticks all of the boxes. In my opinion,it is expensive, for what it is , but the value comes in whether it gets played with and i have the feeling that this is going to be well loved.

THE WIZARD OF OZ Sequin Dorothy - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
THE WIZARD OF OZ Sequin Dorothy - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
Offered by Mega Fancy Dress

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 20 Dec. 2012
Quite cheap and tacky looking product. The sequins are glued on and I lost half a dozen taking it out of the packet. Doesn't look like it's going to last very long but my daughter has her heart set on it for Christmas so can't send it back. The seller dispatched it quickly and I have not contacted them for a replacement or refund. I would not recommend.

Wizard of Oz finger puppet set
Wizard of Oz finger puppet set

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce at the price, 20 Dec. 2012
Well made and traditional finger puppet set for a good price. Bought as a stocking filler for an Oz mad 6 year old.

Wonderbook: Book of Spells Starter Pack (Includes Wonderbook, Move Controller, Eye Camera and Book of Spells Game)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 20 Dec. 2012
I have only set this up as I've bought it as a Christmas gift so it has not been played with yet. Saying that whilst I was setting it up I realised that it had taken me over an hour and my daughter was coming home from school. I was gutted! I was amazed at the way the augmented reality worked. I'm a bit of an old duffer now and I was brought up in the era of zx spectrums and commodore vic 20's. After setting up the PS move camera and controller (which is seamlessly easy) the narrative begins. Initially you can merely see yourself on the screen holding what looks like an illuminated sex toy, however once the game kicks in a magical background sweeps in and your glowing phallus transforms itself into a fully fledged hogwarts wand, with seemingly limitless magical possibilities. Robbie Coltrane nags you to waft your wand about in a particular fashion over the book, unlocking different magical skills. I don't know what the longevity is of this game but on first impressions I was impressed. i think my 6 year old is going to love it (If she can get a go!) With the bundled move and camera this seems like a pretty good buy to me. I don't know if Sony will release other titles to utilise the wonderbook, but even if they don't this is a great concept and appears to work well.

Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Offered by KALEIDOSCOPE TOYS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Dec. 2012
My five year old daughter loves these playmobil advent calendars. This is the 3rd year that we have had one. The cardboard backdrop was a bit of a nightmare to fathom out as the instructions aren't that clear, but that is a minor point. Day by day a new piece of playmobil arrives that builds into a themed scene. I think that playmobil toys are good quality generally and this is no exception. The toys that came in her first advent calendar are still being played with three years on. I would recommend these to anyone as a great way of counting down to the big day.

Page: 1 | 2