Profile for Martin C > Reviews

Content by Martin C

Martin C "Martin C" (Brighton, UK)

KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY
KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY
Offered by KOMPBAY

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap upgrade, 12 Feb 2013
I was looking for a cheap upgrade for a fairly sluggish old laptop. This RAM did the job. I was not familiar with the brand but the price was so good I thought it was worth a gamble. Works fine. Arrived quickly and well packaged. Recommended at this low price.

Lalaloopsy Sew Magical Mermaid Doll Coral Sea Shells
Lalaloopsy Sew Magical Mermaid Doll Coral Sea Shells
Offered by gosling toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Lalaloopsy, 20 Dec 2012
Being a bloke I always attempt to persuade my six year old daughter to choose scalextric/meccano etc, citing feminist principles to support my arguments. I have attempted to ban barbie dolls (not entirely successfully) and toy domestic appliances from the house. Someone bought my daughter an iron and ironing board for her second birthday! However I have relaxed my guardian reading sense of outrage when it comes to lallaloopsy. They are cute with an old fashioned vintage feel, and where I do prefer subbuteo I can see why my daughter loves these figures. She has several of the smaller figures and a playset, but has none of these larger figures as yet. She currently has a mermaid fixation and so this ticks all of the boxes. In my opinion,it is expensive, for what it is , but the value comes in whether it gets played with and i have the feeling that this is going to be well loved.

THE WIZARD OF OZ Sequin Dorothy - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
THE WIZARD OF OZ Sequin Dorothy - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
Offered by Fancy Dress Discount Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 20 Dec 2012
Quite cheap and tacky looking product. The sequins are glued on and I lost half a dozen taking it out of the packet. Doesn't look like it's going to last very long but my daughter has her heart set on it for Christmas so can't send it back. The seller dispatched it quickly and I have not contacted them for a replacement or refund. I would not recommend.

Wizard of Oz finger puppet set
Wizard of Oz finger puppet set

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce at the price, 20 Dec 2012
Well made and traditional finger puppet set for a good price. Bought as a stocking filler for an Oz mad 6 year old.

Wonderbook: Book of Spells Starter Pack (Includes Wonderbook, Move Controller, Eye Camera and Book of Spells Game)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 20 Dec 2012
I have only set this up as I've bought it as a Christmas gift so it has not been played with yet. Saying that whilst I was setting it up I realised that it had taken me over an hour and my daughter was coming home from school. I was gutted! I was amazed at the way the augmented reality worked. I'm a bit of an old duffer now and I was brought up in the era of zx spectrums and commodore vic 20's. After setting up the PS move camera and controller (which is seamlessly easy) the narrative begins. Initially you can merely see yourself on the screen holding what looks like an illuminated sex toy, however once the game kicks in a magical background sweeps in and your glowing phallus transforms itself into a fully fledged hogwarts wand, with seemingly limitless magical possibilities. Robbie Coltrane nags you to waft your wand about in a particular fashion over the book, unlocking different magical skills. I don't know what the longevity is of this game but on first impressions I was impressed. i think my 6 year old is going to love it (If she can get a go!) With the bundled move and camera this seems like a pretty good buy to me. I don't know if Sony will release other titles to utilise the wonderbook, but even if they don't this is a great concept and appears to work well.

Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Offered by STARLINGS TOYMASTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Dec 2012
My five year old daughter loves these playmobil advent calendars. This is the 3rd year that we have had one. The cardboard backdrop was a bit of a nightmare to fathom out as the instructions aren't that clear, but that is a minor point. Day by day a new piece of playmobil arrives that builds into a themed scene. I think that playmobil toys are good quality generally and this is no exception. The toys that came in her first advent calendar are still being played with three years on. I would recommend these to anyone as a great way of counting down to the big day.

- 5 to 6 years/ Small
- 5 to 6 years/ Small
Offered by Imagine Nation Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 1 Jan 2012
My nearly five year old daughter has wanted this dress and plait for ages and it was number one on her letter to Santa.
After about half an hour's wear on Christmas day the details on the front of the dress had a couple of loose threads and then within a couple of hours the net type material towards the bottom of the skirt had started to come away.
This was with normal quite gentle play. The hair braid was to heavy to stay in my child's hair and was quickly discarded. She still loves the dress so there was no chance of ever being able to return it but after only a week it is looking extremely shabby. She has a few other disney fancy dress items that seem to be of better quality.
Overall it is a poor product and I would not recommend it.