Profile for lou@lliddicott.freeserve.co.uk > Reviews

The Beatles: 1
The Beatles: 1
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! (that's all I can say), 22 Jan. 2001
This review is from: The Beatles: 1 (Audio CD)
I am quite a 'young' fan of the Beatles-17 years old-and this was my starting block. I grew up listening to the dulcet chords of I feel fine, and the sweet melodies of Strawberry Fields and Hey Jude. This album is a must for all music fans. I have played this religiously since Christmas simply because it is one of the best albums-ever! My personal faves are I feel fine for the guitar chords at the beggining-She Loves you, for the sheer enthusiasm of Paul Macartney and Lennon on vocals-Eleonal Rigby for the stirring lyrics-Hey Jude, becasue it is an absolute classic-and Yesterday, as it is a great ballad.
There are little dissapoinments on this 27-track album. One is Yellow Submarine, as I feel it is the weakest Beatle's tracks.
Apart from that what can one say- I'm off to listen to Hey Jude....
Buy this album!

Natural [CD 1] [CD 1]
Natural [CD 1] [CD 1]
Offered by playanywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars suprisingly good, 7 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Natural [CD 1] [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I am not a great fan of S Club 7, but when listening to this single I found my opinions somewhat changed. This single is smooth with dulcet vocals and salubriuous vocals. Rachel takes the lead vocals in this single, and shows how strong a singer she is. This single is a real hit and I think it is one of the band's stronger singles, as the lyrics, tune and vocals are better than previous songs. This was a good follow up single, and if you are a pop fan or not this single is definently a must hear. It elevates S Club to a new level, as this single shows maturity and diversity and refrains from the 'S Club Party' aspect. This is a great effort and a single that has the potential to hit the top...and stay around for a long time.

Illustrated Encyclopedia of British History (Helicon history)
Illustrated Encyclopedia of British History (Helicon history)
by Ann Pilling

5.0 out of 5 stars reivents the art of learning., 7 Sept. 2000
Having read the Hutchinson's encyclopidias, 2000 and 2001 editions, I thought that this would be a good read. I am greatly interested in History and this was not dissapointing. I found it easy to access any information at will. I was able to look up information on various subjects ranging from the battle of Trafalgar, and I was also able to learn more about key British figures and events. I learnt more about the Duke of Wellignton, a key British figure, and learnt about when he died (1852) and a background on the Battle of Waterloo, such as date 1815 and whom the battle was orcastrated against (napolean) This book was fabulous and contained clear informative peices on a wealth of subjects. This conatined the same sort of structure as the other encyclopidias, such as alphabetical listing and colour pages, with clear titles, and information. One peice of information that I did learn was all about the battle of Hastings in 1066, and that William the conquerer was crowned on Christmas Day and the battle was fought on Selnac Hill, Hastings. I also learnt the fact that Nelson suffered a fatal wound at the battle of Trafalgar, despite winning the battle, and I also learnt about such people as Sir Walter Raleigh, and Queen Elizabeth I. I found all about the earlier days of Britian and how the face of the empire has shifted and changed over the years, and also how certain historical figures have contributed to the sucess of Britian. The information that fascinated me was about Guy Fawlkes and the Gunpowder Plot. I learnt that it was in 1605, and that Guy Fawlkes was arrested on the 4th November and executed 5th November. This is a wondeful reference source and clear informative peices, and brilliantly detailed historical facts. This book is sutiable for anyone. If you are not familiar with many aspects of History this is ideal as it is a good starting point because of the vast amounts of information. If you are interested in history this is also ideal as it can strengthen your existing knowledge and provides facts that prehaps you didnt already know. I found this one of the best history books that I have read, because of the amount of knowledge acquired from this. This is wonderful and I would advise anyone that is interested in this subject to buy this, as it is shearly and plessurably accomidating to one's needs. Worth the price tag and double. In a word, Fabulous!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2009 2:08 AM BST

Hutchinson Encyclopedia 2000: Millennium Edition (Helicon general encyclopedias)
by Helicon Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, and informative., 5 Sept. 2000
I bought this encyclopidia before I bought the 2001 ediiton, and this is amazing. This presented me with all the information I needed on a range of subjects. From America to Zambia, I could find a country profile, and information on events such as the fall of thre berlin wall and the break up of the USSR. this is fabulous with colour pages and encyclopidic implimentation of all the information that one could ever want. I suggest that anyone that wants a book that gives a wide knowledge on all subjects buys this! a real quality purchase!

Hutchinson Encyclopedia 2001
Hutchinson Encyclopedia 2001
by Unnamed

5.0 out of 5 stars this is an amazing source of reference, 5 Sept. 2000
When I read through this encyclopidia, I found all the information that I could possibly. It is superior to the 1999 edition is is updated with colour charts and quotes and facts and figures. One literally has all the information one could need at the flick of a page. It is a wonderful reference book.

Blackadder: The Complete Blackadder The Third [VHS] [1987]
Blackadder: The Complete Blackadder The Third [VHS] [1987]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Funnier than a ,man with three legs, 2 Sept. 2000
This is brilliant, and laugh out loudish. This contains Baldrick, and Blacakdder, and the stupid prince regent, larking about in the early 19th century. If the smell of Baldrick doesnt kill you ask for a refund; and if it does; ask for a smell proof coffin!

Blackadder II: Parte the Second (Canned Laughter)
Blackadder II: Parte the Second (Canned Laughter)
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars 'pure genius'- Judas Iscariot., 2 Sept. 2000
This is a brilliant masterpeice. I was sceptical at first, but unlike pontus pilot I am not going to pass sentence on a thing of greatness, and like Judas Iscariot, I am not going to betray anyone with a kiss (escpecially not Baldrick!) This is quality of biblical preoportions, and is truly marvellous. The jokes were so funny that my head fell off (Still can't find it) If you have a brain, sense of humour, and money, buy it. I did. Well 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Blackadder II: Complete Series (BBC Radio Collection)
Blackadder II: Complete Series (BBC Radio Collection)
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackadder; the man with a better beard than gerorge michael, 2 Sept. 2000
This was a truly wonderful purchase. There aren't a lot of extras, but who cares. This is as pleasing as getting your tongue caught in a chocolate milkshake vender (if he isn't fussy) and Baldrick is as pointless as installing a snooker table in the home for the blind. None the less, worth the 56 groats price tag.

Blackadder the Third: 6 Historic Episodes (BBC Audio Collection)
Blackadder the Third: 6 Historic Episodes (BBC Audio Collection)
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars this is absolutley...um, um, um? oh yes, memorable!, 31 Aug. 2000
This is better than the TV series. Firstly you can't see Baldrick, and secondly your imagination runs wild (I wish it wouldn't; mine ran away 17 years ago and hasnt got back) This is brilliant, and deliciously witty.

The Blackadder Collection (BBC Radio Collection)
The Blackadder Collection (BBC Radio Collection)

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 31 Aug. 2000
It's brillaint, and moving and truly rib tickling What hasnt been said about Blackadder?
(well don't ask me)