Profile for Stuart > Reviews

Content by Stuart

Stuart (London, United Kingdom)

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Moto X, PS Vita, Gopro, and other USB-charged devices
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a month-long trip to the US, the attachment broke after 2 weeks, 27 Nov. 2013
I bought this item because I was going to be in the US for a month on business. I knew I'd be taking a lot of pictures in my spare time and knew my phone would be dead before I got back to the hotel every day.

The first couple of weeks were great, my phone was never in danger of running out of life. Then one day I plugged the phone in and the USB Micro connector just came unplugged immediately. I tested the charger on my friend's phone and the same thing happened there too.

It seems like the two little raised sections on a USB Micro adapter have stayed pushed down, and so the plug doesn't really stay in the socket any more. To charge my phone from this charger I have to hold the plug in the phone until it's charged enough. It's still better than running out of battery entirely, but it's _far_ from ideal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 7:16 AM GMT

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D
Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Marked improvement in battery life, 15 Jan. 2013
I was going to buy a new phone, but then I decided to try putting a new battery in my current one (plain old HTC Sensation). For the sake of £9 or so it's well worth it. My battery now lasts significantly longer. No more charging it at work, or at home before going to bed. It lasts a whole day with a fair amount of use.

I listen to Spotify on it now and then, I play Ingress which uses quite a bit of GPS, and I also read books with the Kindle app when I'm on the tube, along with all the usual web browsing, checking Facebook, Google+, and Reddit. Definitely much better than it was with my stock battery.

Un Lun Dun
Un Lun Dun

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, slang can get annoying, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Un Lun Dun (Kindle Edition)
I liked a lot of the story. The characters were interesting. I was often reminded of The Phantom Tollbooth, which is good.

The slang used by the main character got annoying. "We was" etc.. If you can ignore that then it's fine.

Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
by Andy Behrman

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this book, 4 July 2011
For the last couple of months I have been reading the Modern Library's top 100 books of the 20th century. I've taken a break from those books to read this one and the contrast is amazing. This book is full of interesting things. It's much more modern than the books I was reading before with much more colourful language and subject matter.

Definitely worth reading if you want something fast-paced.