Profile for sb > Reviews

Science in Sport 1 kg Strawberry Whey Protein Powder
Science in Sport 1 kg Strawberry Whey Protein Powder

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, a little pricey though, 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd stayed away from protein powder shakes for years, but have finally succumbed with this, my first purchase. I don't have any other brand experience to compare it with, so can only review it in isolation.

It is very sweet, and I drink it straight after exercise so it's a welcome boost as I'm warming down. I thought it might taste a bit of chemicals, but not so. It dissolves well, all I need to do is give it a bit of a vigourous shake in my bottle. I've noticed that since drinking this after exercise, I don't feel as stiff and sore the next day- which says to me that the protein is doing it's job in rebuilding my muscles. I don't exercise for bulk so can't say that I've strarted to look like the incredible hulk, but I know some lads who drink this and it seems to give them some bulk. Also, I haven't noticed anything funny happening to my wee - I'd heard horror stories about unsual wee when on protein shakes but not with this.

All in all, a decent tasting powder that seems to do it's job for me, if a little on the expensive side.

Webbox Working Dog Chicken, 12Kg
Webbox Working Dog Chicken, 12Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love them, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My two dogs have been wolfing (excuse the pun) these down. We haven't noticed any change to their stools - they are normally on another make of dry biscuits and these ones keep their stools fairly firm too. They do smell a bit meaty so we keep ours in a plastic box with a tight lid. Would recommend to those who have hungry, active dogs - mine are and they seem to be doing well on these biscuits.

Blackrock Unisex-Adults Tempest SF50 Safety Boots Black (Black) 9 UK (43 EU)
Blackrock Unisex-Adults Tempest SF50 Safety Boots Black (Black) 9 UK (43 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel safe wearing these, comfy too, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The weight of the toecap took a bit of getting used to, but that's not really a fault with the shoes and more me needing to man up. They are like a pair of heavy walking boots, and perfect for when I'm gardening (which I do a lot of). One feature that I like is the rubber pad over the end of the toe cap - it lessens the blow if you accidentally kick yourself (don't ask!). The laces stay in position when tied and don't need re-doing like some inferior safety boots I've had in the past. They feel comfy to wear too.

Great pair of boots, happy to give them five stars.

Just Seed Herb - Winter Savory (evergreen) - Satureja montana - 625 seeds
Just Seed Herb - Winter Savory (evergreen) - Satureja montana - 625 seeds
Offered by Just Seed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars High germination rate., 24 May 2015
All the seeds I've sown have germinated. I sowed about twelve two months ago and we now have twelve four inch high plants. I've had a little nibble on a leaf and it tastes good, can't wait to be picking fistfuls of this to add to cooking. Were delivered on time too.

Purina ONE My Dog Is Food Lover Turkey & Rice Dry Dog Food 800g (Pack of 4)
Purina ONE My Dog Is Food Lover Turkey & Rice Dry Dog Food 800g (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars My Chalkies love these., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dogs love these. They are two little Chalkies and we don't give them "wet" food (makes picking up the poo easier) or big food like bones. These little biscuits are perfect for us and the dogs seem to love them, tucking in as soon as we put any down. My only moan is that they smell very meaty which leaves a scent on my hands (like a really bad packet of beef crisps - even though these are turkey dog biscuits) and makes the dogs' breath smell too.

Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element
Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job very well, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife, so have asked her a set of questions in order to be able to write this review.

The epilator is easy to handle from an ergonomics point of view and goes round the contours of the leg well. It would be better if it was cordless as sometimes the wire can wrap around her leg and get in the way, but the chord is long enough to be able to use it without having to sit next to a wall and a plug socket.

It is quite noisy when in use. It is easy to use without having to scour through the instructions, but if you did need to look at the instructions they are very easy to understand as they are in picture form.

The massage attachment seems sturdy enough and this helps to tease the hairs up so that they can be pulled out by the epilator - which is pretty effective and gets all of her hairs every time.The pain caused by using this is similar to that of being waxed, if you can cope with a waxing then you should cope with this. Her skin is always a little bit red afterwards.

Overall, a very effective epilator.

Creature Teacher
Creature Teacher
by Sam Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, well illustrated too, 15 May 2015
This review is from: Creature Teacher (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My six year old loved this - she's quite advanced with her reading and I reckon it would better suit slightly older children. I read through most of it myself and it's quite funny, and I can see how it would appeal to someone of a child's age as all they really know is school. The teacher turns into a little monster when upset and the class soon cotton onto this and try to protect him from having the head find out.

Would recommend either to be read out to kids as a night time story, or to read themselves if 8 and up.

Oxford Reading Tree: Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper: My Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Kit
by Annemarie Young

5.0 out of 5 stars very good set, 4 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's quite a lot to do in this pack. There are some sentence cards that include nouns, pronouns (I, you etc) adjectives, verbs, suffixes (-ed, -ing) contractions and punctuation. With these, you can play grammar snap by matching pairs of nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs. Also you can play lotto - match pairs of the groups, with 6 of each and a memory game where you have to pick up pairs of nouns etc.

There is an activity poster that stickers get put onto - each of the three workbooks tells you when to put a sticker on it and its normally done as a reward. The stickers are jigsaw piece shaped and fit together to complete a jigsaw on the poster.

The three workbooks cover spelling, grammar and punctuation. These books fit in with the national curriculum. In each book, there are two or three activities per page and an explanation box that sets out the exercises by telling you about a subject eg what a suffix is.

My six year old daughter has found this to be very enjoyable.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 25.2 V Lithium-Ion, 115 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, wish I'd got one years ago., 3 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hoover is very light and easy to steer on laminate flooring, I find it a little trickier to manouvre on our thick wooly rug. The handle has a bend in it when clicked so that you can reach under tables easily without having to bend down yourself - good idea. I like the detachable device, it's very useful for cleaning my car out, however I found the shape of it difficult to get down between the car seats and all the nooks and crannies around the gear stick, but it does hoover very well when in good contact with a surface like the car floor's carpet or seats.

The rubbish that gets sucked up is visible through the holder so you know when it needs emptying, but I've always found see through hoovers to be a little on the macabre side, having my dust, hair and fluff on display.

It takes 4hrs to charge and a full charge gives about 40 minutes of hoovering so unless you live in a mansion it should do most houses on a full charge. It's very easy to lift the whole hoover up high to get to the tops of picture rails and curtains, and the attachments stay on well when in use. The charging unit is compact but keep away from kids as it will fall over fairly easily if knocked whilst the hoover is standing in it on a charge. The filter can be removed and washed which we've done and you can tell that the hoover sucks the dirt up easier once the filter has been degunged. The edge-reach function is pretty good, as are the little side mounted bristles that help pick up dust when I'm hoovering along skirting boards and edges.

There is a blue LED light panel that shows you how much of a charge is left, and the brush can be turned on or off whilst the hoover is sucking.

All in all a very good, lightweight hoover which is particularly good for doing the stairs with as there's no tricky lead pulling on the hoover.

Maclaren Travel Kit for Mother
Maclaren Travel Kit for Mother

3.0 out of 5 stars Travel sized means small, 3 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife, but shh!, I've been using the products in the bath! The bath milk smells a bit like cooking oil, the bath and shower elixir is hard to pump out of the bottle but smells ok. I've been using the allieviating leg lotion as a moisturiser on my patches of dry skin and it does ok, the massage oil smells of vegetable oil but rubs into the skin well enough. I haven't tried the belly balm so cant comment on that.

The face mist smells vaguely of parma violets and citrus, and is quite refreshing.

These are only sample sized bottles and containers. Its not bad, but not great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20