Profile for sb > Reviews

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel safe using this, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I like about this product is the fact that there's no disc - less things to go wrong when it scratches, gets accidentaly thrown out amongst a pile of papers etc. Instead there is a code inside the envelope. When entered online, this code enables the download of the Total Protection package straight on to your laptop / computer.

Also, the benefits of this version is that you are covered in the license to install it onto 3 machines - so that means me, my wife and my daughter can all enjoy the same protection.

It contains virus protection, firewall, and spam filters. There's other stuff too but to be honest I haven't delved too deeply - my main concerns are that I can go on the internet without the worry of being hacked or getting a virus. It was a doddle to install, there was only a few mouse clicks to achieve the installation once the online code had been entered.

I think it's worth the money, and will be sticking with McAfee next year when the license for this package runs out.

The Adventures of Mr Toad
The Adventures of Mr Toad
by Tom Moorhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant bed time story for kids, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My six year old daughter enjoys this book very much. It's a really good book to read to your kids as a bedtime story, it's not too long, is upbeat and snappy and has some good pictures. Something that helps keep her interest is the way Mr Toad speaks, in poems / rhymes - a but like rapping in a childrens' story.

In the story, Toady escapes from prison by dressing as a washing lady then sets on off in a car - daftness ensues. The pictures are good as they compliment the story.

Can recommend for anyone with young children who enjoy being read to.

Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g
Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't give our dogs fish breath, 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We recently got two puppies and I thought I would try these out. The dogs are Yorkshire Terrier Chiaoao crosses, known as chalkies and are very small. I was worried that it would give the dogs fish breath but not so. Also, as they are biscuits they are quite dry and don't give the pups wet poos, something I'm not a fan of picking up. The pups seem to enjoy them too so I think I would buy these again.

MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml
MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars More natural looking than some, 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As it's been Christmas and I've been off for a few weeks, I thought I would try some tanning and make the most of the fact that no-one from work would see me and take the mick. My wife applied it for me just on the top half of my body and face. I was a little worried that it would make me look like Cliff Richards, but to be fair it wasn't that bad and instead it looks more natural as opposed to some false tans which look like the person using it has been bathing in tango.

It felt quite moisturising on my skin and wasn't too harsh, it didn't smell much different from the stuff my wife uses and it dried nice and evenly too. I would use this again without a doubt and I've had a few people ask me where I've been on holiday so it looks convincing.

Littlest Pet Shop   Style Playset
Littlest Pet Shop Style Playset
Offered by Soft com

5.0 out of 5 stars My youngest daughter likes this, 3 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my six year old daughter's birthday. She loves it. It appeals to little girls who like playing with dolls houses and a bit of roleplay thrown in. I had to help her build it when it came out of the box, but this wasn't difficult. Once the walls were put together, I left it to her to decorate with all the stickers, of which there are lots. This appealed to the arts and crafty side of her. Also with the set you get three little toy figures, that look like a cross between a cat and a monkey.

Would recommend to those with little girls who like playing dolls house type games.

BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow
BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good baby monitor with some good extra features, 3 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this for when our neices and nephews come to stay with us to give their mums and dads a break! Its more than just a baby monitor, it does the monitor function very well with a very good quality sound. You can literally hear every noise the babies make.

What it also does well is the light show, stars and moons are projected onto the ceiling. It gives baby something to look at and distracts them from wanting to be held. I thought the temperature gauge on the parent unit was a good idea, although how accurate a single dry bulb is I'm not sure.

There are about 20 tunes that it can play too, mainly nursery rhymes but there are also some nature sounds and the slightly freaky womb noises. As the babies we look after can't talk yet, I can't really ask them which of these sounds are their favourite!

We have taken the parent unit out into the garage with us when getting something from the freezer or tumble drier and it still picks up the recepetion - the distance is about 20 metres through the walls of the house.

If you've got the money to spend and want a top of the range baby monitor with the extra features I've mentioned above, I recommend this - it's ace.

Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach
Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach
by Lisa Hark

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 3 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although not on my reading list, I've found this book quite useful for a course I'm doing through work about Health Promotion. I've specialised in deit and the effects of diet on health, and have dipped in and out of this book constantly whilst writing assignments. There are questions and case studies to work through which I have found help me to cement my understanding of the subject based on the knowledge I have gained through my other course work.

Each section is thoroughly referenced, which I find very helpful as I have discovered a few more gems by looking up some of the refrenced books.

Subjects covered are: nutrition assesment, vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements, disease in different bodily systems etc. Very useful, recommend to students studying related subjects. Four stars - I've taken one off for the price.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Our rug thanks us for Spray Away Plus, 1 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this for our dog, who was given to us as a four year old from an old lady who had never really trained her. Consequently, we often have accidents when she gets excited and wees on the rug. When sprayed, you get a white foam on the surface which disappears after a few seconds, then we rub the liquid in with a disposable cloth.

The spray itself doesn't stain our rug, and does a very good job at removing wee stains - we don't get any tide marks on the rug from the dog's wee. It smells quite zingy fresh, and looking at the ingredients I think this might be because there is Citronellol in it. Not only does it clean, it also freshens the rug in the same way that Febreze does on upholstery too.

I think it's pretty good and worth a try if you have pets that have "accidents".

HALTI OptiFit
HALTI OptiFit

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple idea but very effective., 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: HALTI OptiFit (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since using this lead, I have noticed the difference it's made. We have a scotty dog who does naff all in the house, but take her out for a walk and she thinks she's Ussain Bolt and suddenly becomes interested in everything. What the lead does is everytime she pulls away, it turns her head back round to me, and it took about five walks and now she doesn't bother pulling away any more as she knows (because of the lead) she doesn't get anywhere.

To be honest, as I'm a man, I never watched the dvd - who needs instructions. If I ever get bed ridden with ebola or man flu I might watch it, but it was easy enough to work out how to use without the DVD, as are most things. Apart from flying a space shuttle, but my dog won't be going to space so again I won't bother.

I like the slideable adjusting fit on the underside of the head piece, and when holding the lead it feels good and you can feel the "turning" effect in your hand. Would recommend for those who have a dog that is always pulling on their lead instead of walking at your side - it's worked for me.

Doom Rider
Doom Rider
by David Gatward

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite dark, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Doom Rider (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was got as a present for my nine year old, reading obsessed daughter. With hindsight, it was a bit of an error to buy her this! The subject matter is quite dark, certainly too dark for a nine year old who still believes in Father Christmas and likes fairies. The main character of the book is troubled and persecuted, and has to deal with his own death. I'd recommend it to slightly older readers, first year of high school and up. Don't get me wrong, there is a good storyline in there, I just think I got the age of the book wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20