Profile for sb > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HALTI OptiFit
HALTI OptiFit

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple idea but very effective., 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: HALTI OptiFit (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since using this lead, I have noticed the difference it's made. We have a scotty dog who does naff all in the house, but take her out for a walk and she thinks she's Ussain Bolt and suddenly becomes interested in everything. What the lead does is everytime she pulls away, it turns her head back round to me, and it took about five walks and now she doesn't bother pulling away any more as she knows (because of the lead) she doesn't get anywhere.

To be honest, as I'm a man, I never watched the dvd - who needs instructions. If I ever get bed ridden with ebola or man flu I might watch it, but it was easy enough to work out how to use without the DVD, as are most things. Apart from flying a space shuttle, but my dog won't be going to space so again I won't bother.

I like the slideable adjusting fit on the underside of the head piece, and when holding the lead it feels good and you can feel the "turning" effect in your hand. Would recommend for those who have a dog that is always pulling on their lead instead of walking at your side - it's worked for me.

Doom Rider
Doom Rider
by David Gatward

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite dark, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: Doom Rider (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was got as a present for my nine year old, reading obsessed daughter. With hindsight, it was a bit of an error to buy her this! The subject matter is quite dark, certainly too dark for a nine year old who still believes in Father Christmas and likes fairies. The main character of the book is troubled and persecuted, and has to deal with his own death. I'd recommend it to slightly older readers, first year of high school and up. Don't get me wrong, there is a good storyline in there, I just think I got the age of the book wrong.

Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images (Bamforth Gift Books)
by Bamforth & Co

3.0 out of 5 stars World War 1 Postcards, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book would make a good gift for someone who has an interest in the human side of WW1 history - it's a collection of postcards which were available to send both to and from the front to / from soldiers and their families. It has got a mixture of generic greeting postcards and postcards for individuals - to my daddy on the front, greetings to my loved ones at home etc.

Each postcard has a short poem or a few nice lines and is similar to the sort of thing you would expect to read in a Clintons Card today. The artwork is very of its time - the faded photographs in their washed out colours remind me of the old fashioned adverts for Pears soap that you sometimes see in retro shops.

Is a pleasant distraction for ten minutes, but not much more. Its the sort of interest book you would see on my coffee table, not my bed side table which is for proper books. Still, its worth a look if youve got an interest in this sort of thing.

Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)
Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good and draws well, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These e-cigs give a good draw, but perhaps I should have bought a cartomiser that had some nicotine in them as opposed to these nicotine free ones. There's nothing wrong with them, it's my fault that I am sucking the life out of them searching for that elusive nicotine high which I'll never get - I'm obviously not ready yet for zero nicotine.

They taste good in the original flavour, it's very sweet and slightly fruity. There is also a menthol flavour available. The battery takes about two hours to charge and lasts me about four, but I'm sure that if I wasn't sucking it so much it would last a lot longer.

I like the satisfying cloud of steam that this gives, it all helps to trick the brain that you are still having a real cigarette.

Driving Test Success Anytime 2014/15 Edition
Driving Test Success Anytime 2014/15 Edition
Offered by Sunset Media

5.0 out of 5 stars i wish they had this when I first learned to drive, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When they say "complete" online training, they really mean it. I have to take regular driving tests at my work (long story), so I thought I'd get this as a bit of revision to help me keep on top of things. It covers the highway code, theory test, driving lesson videos with examples of different driving situations that might happen, and also "mock" tests.

It really is fantastic, and well worth every penny I think. Would recommend it for anyone who's learning to drive, it really has got everything you would need to help you learn and like the old saying goes - knowledge dispels fear. Don't be afraid, buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 10:20 AM GMT

Philips GC8651/10 PerfectCare Aqua Pressurised Steam Generator, 2.5 Litre, 2400 Watt, 6.2 Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but great, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Overall, I think this is a great iron, i really do. So why not five stars then? I can't justify giving something five stars that costs as much as does - ultimately it's just an iron and the cost would do about 6 friday night big shops in Asda for our family.

However, it's a pleasure to use. It has slashed the amount of time it takes me to iron, for example I literally just have to run the iron over a shirt's material and it's done - I used to have to fight with my old iron. Also, the water tank, when full, lasts for ages as it doesn't seem to use huge amounts of water to make huge amounts of steam.

I'm not so sure about the claim that the steam generator is the quietest, i think it's still quite noisy. Effective, but noisy. There's a handy lock on the rest where the iron sits when not in use - that'll stop my kids knocking it onto the floor when they're being clumsy. When the iron is in the unlocked position on the rest, I find it a bit tricky to still acess the little door where the water goes in, but that might just be my sausage fingers.

Other than the price, if I could change one thing I would re-shape the base of the iron so that it can be stood briefly on its end whilst I'm rearranging a piece of clothing on the ironing board - it doesn't stand end up so it's time consuming to put it on the rest every time I need both hands. I suppose this is a safety feature though, it stops the iron being accidentally knocked off the board.

I've used it quite a bit now and noticed any sign of the plate picking up muck, like my old irons did. It glides over clothes effortlessly, and it's steam makes for a very quick iron indeed.

If you have a lot of ironing to do on a regular basis, I would recommend this (if you can afford it) as it really is a treat to use.

Pinzon Plush Cotton Throw in Heather Blue
Pinzon Plush Cotton Throw in Heather Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and feels good to the touch, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The material feels very tactile, it's a pleasant experience using this as a blanket as opposed to a big thick scratchy woollen blanket. It reminds me of one of those micro camping towels, but thicker and more luxurious. It works well when used a blanket, it is quite warm. Also, it doesn't look too bad thrown over the back of the sofa when not in use.

It washes well and hasn't bobbled yet, also it holds the smell of our fabric conditioner too. For the price, it's worth a punt especially with winter fast approaching.

Disney Frozen Ice Skating Anna Doll
Disney Frozen Ice Skating Anna Doll

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to operate, 13 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy wasn't quite as good as we were expecting. It's basically an action man for girls, based on the Frozen film. It doesn't have any functions other than if you can manage to get the floor mount to stay on her foot, it's rear leg will move as you push it along the floor. This is quite fiddly and needs a steady hand so when pushing so that the plastic mount doesn't come off. Also, it has to be physically manhandled to get it to move - the box will give you the impression that you can push, let go and the rest will happen on it's own - not so.

Another bug bear we've found with this - because the doll falls over a lot the tiara has come off - it was only held in place by a thin thread and the difficulty with pushing it along has led to the tiara no longer being attached to the doll after coming into contact with the floor many times.
This is probably better for an adult to play with, not just the child on their own. Good points - if your kids love Frozen, then this is one more film related toy they will be asking you to part with your money for.

LeapFrog Learning Friends Adventure Bus
LeapFrog Learning Friends Adventure Bus

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good product from Leapfrog, 5 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite a good toy from Leapfrog, a brand who's other products my kids have enjoyed for years now. This isn't like one of the interactive books Leapfrog are famed for making, this is a toy bus with interactive features. This was for got for one of my nieces, and while she loves the sounds it makes it does start to brainwash us adults after a day or so, I've found myself walking round the house saying the sound effects out loud!

My niece is a bit younger than the recommended age, but this doesn't seem to diminish her enjoyment of it (she's nearly two) and she seems to know what to do, opening up the side picnic table and swapping the characters around in the bus. She doesn't push the bus along the floor, but seems to pick it up and carry it instead. The bus wheels do move so it can be pushed if you wanted to.

It feels pretty sturdy and so far has survived being dropped quite a few times.

Really good price for what you get, can recommend.

Elixir 50 x 7.5" Extra Strong Black Stick in Angle Head Labels
Elixir 50 x 7.5" Extra Strong Black Stick in Angle Head Labels
Offered by Elixir Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good labels, 2 Oct 2014
I've recently built a medicinal garden at work and used these to label each species of plant. Using a white paint pen, I've found there to be enough space to write both the Latin name and common name of each plant, which is exactly what I wanted them to do. The paint pen went on to the surface of these labels very easily and I didn't need to scratch them up or apply a lacquer beforehand.

They've had a few months of weather now and don't show any signs of weakening, and they've also been accidentally caught with the hoe a few times and didn't snap.

Good price, good quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20