Profile for sb > Reviews

Philips InfraCare HP3643 650 W Infrared Lamp Half Body Treatment
Philips InfraCare HP3643 650 W Infrared Lamp Half Body Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothes my aches and pains, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my feet - I had a cold weather injury a few years ago while I was in Norway (i used to have a job that sent me to places like that) and ever since I struggle with my feet during particulary cold weather. The infrared light warms them up - actually it warms up the blood in them and stimulates circulatipon which is just what they need.

I sit there for fifteen minute bursts and feel better for it afterwards. This winter has been easier to bear when I've had to spend days outside at work because of it. Also, every now and again I get a flare up of an old shoulder injury, a few sessions with the lamp eases my aches and pains and allows me to move freely instead of wincing in case I make the wrong move and hurt the muscles.

The lamp is quite top heavy, but when it's set up it is quite secire so long as I don't move it about too much. It's a bit awkawrd to carry about as all the weight is at the top end. When not in use, I lower the stand so that it isn't as likely to be knocked over if one of my kids bangs into it. When in use, there is a bit of a sensation of heat from the lamp, but not uncomfortably so. i would recommend following the manufacturers instructions about using it - distances etc.

Would recommend for anyone with aches and pains, it certainly eases mine. On a more technical note, I've looked at my electricity meter when its turned on and it does make the dial move around a bit faster but not to the point where I can almost feel the five pound notes being taken out of my pocket, so I wouldn't say that it uses too much electricity.

AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count
AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Like nappies for your floor!, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are excellent. We have two "chalkies" (yorkshire terrier and chihuahua cross, aka "mongrels"!) who are still in the process of being trained. We lay two of these by the back door for their toilet needs. Each pad can take at least two wees before needing to be replaced, and when we lift the pads up the floor underneath isn't wet.

They are very absorbent and lock the moisture in - am starting to sound like a nappy advert now, but I guess they do a similar job!

We roll them up and throw into a carrier bag which goes straight into the outside wheelie bin.

Would quite happily buy these again, five stars.

Monster High Haunted Getting Ghostly Draculaura
Monster High Haunted Getting Ghostly Draculaura

4.0 out of 5 stars Monster High Doll, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my youngest daughter, who is still of an age where she plays with dolls and not online betting with a smart phone. It's based on the Monster High tv series. The doll has pink skin and looks a bit odd, and she comes with a stand made out of bones, the idea being that she's on detention so you can attach her to the stand as a punishment.

The doll's dress is pink, and is draped in chains. There is also a brush that comes with the set for her hair, although my daughter has complained that the hair is difficult to brush.

Overall, it's not bad but there aren't any extra features on it, for example for a scary doll one might expect that the eyes light up in a ghoulish fashion or something like that perhaps. Four stars out of five from me, would recommend for people that have daughters into Monster High.

Barbie in Princess Power Super Sparkle 2-in-1 Doll
Barbie in Princess Power Super Sparkle 2-in-1 Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbie doll based on a Barbie film character, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have also got the Barbie Princess Korinne doll, this Princess Power doll is based from the same Barbie film. This doll is initially dressed as a Princess, but when you press a button her body spins round and her dress flips and stays out like a superhero cape.

The tiara also doubles up as a facemask. Very girly, my six year old loves it.

Barbie in Princess Power Corinne Doll
Barbie in Princess Power Corinne Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter likes this very much, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In this age where children are getting even younger when they join things like facebook and are becoming more and more "adult", I'm happy to say I have a six year old who doesn't own a mobile phone and still enjoys playing with Barbie dolls.

We saw this and got it for her. I think one of the main things she likes about this doll is that it resembles a Frozen figure - look at the "princess" theme of the doll and you'll notice the colour scheme is similar to Princess Anna - either a pure fluke or clever marketing by the Barbie people!

When you press the butterfly on her shoulder dress strap, it makes a kiss sound (in the Barbie film this doll is from, there is a butterfly that kisses the character which gives her magic powers) followed by a swooshing sound, as if a magic wand has been swiped.

We haven't had the doll long enough for me to comment about durability etc, so I won't!

I think if you have a daughter who is into Barbie and has also seen the film, this is a worthwhile present to buy for them.

RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml
RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't see what the fuss is about, 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife, but I've been using it too - don't tell her! Considering how much it costs, I actually don't think it's much cop. It's a clear coloured gel, which reminds me of the sort of cheap generic shampoo you get in hotels. It smells faintly feminine. I have to use quite a bit to get a good lather, so that's not great. As for it's fortifying qualities, I haven't noticed that my hair has become bullet proof or particulary any better, but that might be a bloke thing - I wouldn't know a split end if it tickled my nose and sang Haircut 100 songs at me.

It cleans my hair well enough though, so it's not all bad. Three stars, not bad but not great.

Mėnaji Deep Cleansing Masque 100 ml
Mėnaji Deep Cleansing Masque 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly expensive but does a good job, 3 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this a few times now and can say that there is a noticeable difference on the parts of my face where I use it. I would say it has a bit of a pungent whiff to it, similar to rosemary but looking at the ingredients shows me there is no rosemary in there. It is a white colour and stays white when rubbed on the face. It takes a couple of minutes to dry, then all you have to do is rinse it off with water.

Straight away after rinsing it is noticeable that my skin is a lot shinier like it's had a really good scrub. I've also noticed that since using this I have less blackheads on my forehead.

I would say that this is a little on the expensive side, but overall worth it for the effects it has.

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel safe using this, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I like about this product is the fact that there's no disc - less things to go wrong when it scratches, gets accidentaly thrown out amongst a pile of papers etc. Instead there is a code inside the envelope. When entered online, this code enables the download of the Total Protection package straight on to your laptop / computer.

Also, the benefits of this version is that you are covered in the license to install it onto 3 machines - so that means me, my wife and my daughter can all enjoy the same protection.

It contains virus protection, firewall, and spam filters. There's other stuff too but to be honest I haven't delved too deeply - my main concerns are that I can go on the internet without the worry of being hacked or getting a virus. It was a doddle to install, there was only a few mouse clicks to achieve the installation once the online code had been entered.

I think it's worth the money, and will be sticking with McAfee next year when the license for this package runs out.

The Adventures of Mr Toad
The Adventures of Mr Toad
by Tom Moorhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant bed time story for kids, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My six year old daughter enjoys this book very much. It's a really good book to read to your kids as a bedtime story, it's not too long, is upbeat and snappy and has some good pictures. Something that helps keep her interest is the way Mr Toad speaks, in poems / rhymes - a but like rapping in a childrens' story.

In the story, Toady escapes from prison by dressing as a washing lady then sets on off in a car - daftness ensues. The pictures are good as they compliment the story.

Can recommend for anyone with young children who enjoy being read to.

Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g
Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't give our dogs fish breath, 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We recently got two puppies and I thought I would try these out. The dogs are Yorkshire Terrier Chiaoao crosses, known as chalkies and are very small. I was worried that it would give the dogs fish breath but not so. Also, as they are biscuits they are quite dry and don't give the pups wet poos, something I'm not a fan of picking up. The pups seem to enjoy them too so I think I would buy these again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20