Profile for sb > Reviews

Littlest Pet Shop Style Set
Littlest Pet Shop Style Set
Offered by Wizzibee

5.0 out of 5 stars My youngest daughter likes this, 3 Dec 2014
This review is from: Littlest Pet Shop Style Set (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my six year old daughter's birthday. She loves it. It appeals to little girls who like playing with dolls houses and a bit of roleplay thrown in. I had to help her build it when it came out of the box, but this wasn't difficult. Once the walls were put together, I left it to her to decorate with all the stickers, of which there are lots. This appealed to the arts and crafty side of her. Also with the set you get three little toy figures, that look like a cross between a cat and a monkey.

Would recommend to those with little girls who like playing dolls house type games.

BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow
BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good baby monitor with some good extra features, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this for when our neices and nephews come to stay with us to give their mums and dads a break! Its more than just a baby monitor, it does the monitor function very well with a very good quality sound. You can literally hear every noise the babies make.

What it also does well is the light show, stars and moons are projected onto the ceiling. It gives baby something to look at and distracts them from wanting to be held. I thought the temperature gauge on the parent unit was a good idea, although how accurate a single dry bulb is I'm not sure.

There are about 20 tunes that it can play too, mainly nursery rhymes but there are also some nature sounds and the slightly freaky womb noises. As the babies we look after can't talk yet, I can't really ask them which of these sounds are their favourite!

We have taken the parent unit out into the garage with us when getting something from the freezer or tumble drier and it still picks up the recepetion - the distance is about 20 metres through the walls of the house.

If you've got the money to spend and want a top of the range baby monitor with the extra features I've mentioned above, I recommend this - it's ace.

Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach
Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach
by Lisa Hark

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although not on my reading list, I've found this book quite useful for a course I'm doing through work about Health Promotion. I've specialised in deit and the effects of diet on health, and have dipped in and out of this book constantly whilst writing assignments. There are questions and case studies to work through which I have found help me to cement my understanding of the subject based on the knowledge I have gained through my other course work.

Each section is thoroughly referenced, which I find very helpful as I have discovered a few more gems by looking up some of the refrenced books.

Subjects covered are: nutrition assesment, vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements, disease in different bodily systems etc. Very useful, recommend to students studying related subjects. Four stars - I've taken one off for the price.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Our rug thanks us for Spray Away Plus, 1 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this for our dog, who was given to us as a four year old from an old lady who had never really trained her. Consequently, we often have accidents when she gets excited and wees on the rug. When sprayed, you get a white foam on the surface which disappears after a few seconds, then we rub the liquid in with a disposable cloth.

The spray itself doesn't stain our rug, and does a very good job at removing wee stains - we don't get any tide marks on the rug from the dog's wee. It smells quite zingy fresh, and looking at the ingredients I think this might be because there is Citronellol in it. Not only does it clean, it also freshens the rug in the same way that Febreze does on upholstery too.

I think it's pretty good and worth a try if you have pets that have "accidents".

HALTI OptiFit
HALTI OptiFit

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple idea but very effective., 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: HALTI OptiFit (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since using this lead, I have noticed the difference it's made. We have a scotty dog who does naff all in the house, but take her out for a walk and she thinks she's Ussain Bolt and suddenly becomes interested in everything. What the lead does is everytime she pulls away, it turns her head back round to me, and it took about five walks and now she doesn't bother pulling away any more as she knows (because of the lead) she doesn't get anywhere.

To be honest, as I'm a man, I never watched the dvd - who needs instructions. If I ever get bed ridden with ebola or man flu I might watch it, but it was easy enough to work out how to use without the DVD, as are most things. Apart from flying a space shuttle, but my dog won't be going to space so again I won't bother.

I like the slideable adjusting fit on the underside of the head piece, and when holding the lead it feels good and you can feel the "turning" effect in your hand. Would recommend for those who have a dog that is always pulling on their lead instead of walking at your side - it's worked for me.

Doom Rider
Doom Rider
by David Gatward

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite dark, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: Doom Rider (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was got as a present for my nine year old, reading obsessed daughter. With hindsight, it was a bit of an error to buy her this! The subject matter is quite dark, certainly too dark for a nine year old who still believes in Father Christmas and likes fairies. The main character of the book is troubled and persecuted, and has to deal with his own death. I'd recommend it to slightly older readers, first year of high school and up. Don't get me wrong, there is a good storyline in there, I just think I got the age of the book wrong.

Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images (Bamforth Gift Books)
by Bamforth & Co

3.0 out of 5 stars World War 1 Postcards, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book would make a good gift for someone who has an interest in the human side of WW1 history - it's a collection of postcards which were available to send both to and from the front to / from soldiers and their families. It has got a mixture of generic greeting postcards and postcards for individuals - to my daddy on the front, greetings to my loved ones at home etc.

Each postcard has a short poem or a few nice lines and is similar to the sort of thing you would expect to read in a Clintons Card today. The artwork is very of its time - the faded photographs in their washed out colours remind me of the old fashioned adverts for Pears soap that you sometimes see in retro shops.

Is a pleasant distraction for ten minutes, but not much more. Its the sort of interest book you would see on my coffee table, not my bed side table which is for proper books. Still, its worth a look if youve got an interest in this sort of thing.

Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)
Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good and draws well, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These e-cigs give a good draw, but perhaps I should have bought a cartomiser that had some nicotine in them as opposed to these nicotine free ones. There's nothing wrong with them, it's my fault that I am sucking the life out of them searching for that elusive nicotine high which I'll never get - I'm obviously not ready yet for zero nicotine.

They taste good in the original flavour, it's very sweet and slightly fruity. There is also a menthol flavour available. The battery takes about two hours to charge and lasts me about four, but I'm sure that if I wasn't sucking it so much it would last a lot longer.

I like the satisfying cloud of steam that this gives, it all helps to trick the brain that you are still having a real cigarette.

Driving Test Success Anytime 2014/15 Edition
Driving Test Success Anytime 2014/15 Edition
Offered by PNA247

5.0 out of 5 stars i wish they had this when I first learned to drive, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When they say "complete" online training, they really mean it. I have to take regular driving tests at my work (long story), so I thought I'd get this as a bit of revision to help me keep on top of things. It covers the highway code, theory test, driving lesson videos with examples of different driving situations that might happen, and also "mock" tests.

It really is fantastic, and well worth every penny I think. Would recommend it for anyone who's learning to drive, it really has got everything you would need to help you learn and like the old saying goes - knowledge dispels fear. Don't be afraid, buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 10:20 AM GMT

Philips GC8651/10 PerfectCare Aqua Pressurised Steam Generator Iron, 2.5 Litre, 2400 Watt, 6.2 Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but great, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Overall, I think this is a great iron, i really do. So why not five stars then? I can't justify giving something five stars that costs as much as does - ultimately it's just an iron and the cost would do about 6 friday night big shops in Asda for our family.

However, it's a pleasure to use. It has slashed the amount of time it takes me to iron, for example I literally just have to run the iron over a shirt's material and it's done - I used to have to fight with my old iron. Also, the water tank, when full, lasts for ages as it doesn't seem to use huge amounts of water to make huge amounts of steam.

I'm not so sure about the claim that the steam generator is the quietest, i think it's still quite noisy. Effective, but noisy. There's a handy lock on the rest where the iron sits when not in use - that'll stop my kids knocking it onto the floor when they're being clumsy. When the iron is in the unlocked position on the rest, I find it a bit tricky to still acess the little door where the water goes in, but that might just be my sausage fingers.

Other than the price, if I could change one thing I would re-shape the base of the iron so that it can be stood briefly on its end whilst I'm rearranging a piece of clothing on the ironing board - it doesn't stand end up so it's time consuming to put it on the rest every time I need both hands. I suppose this is a safety feature though, it stops the iron being accidentally knocked off the board.

I've used it quite a bit now and noticed any sign of the plate picking up muck, like my old irons did. It glides over clothes effortlessly, and it's steam makes for a very quick iron indeed.

If you have a lot of ironing to do on a regular basis, I would recommend this (if you can afford it) as it really is a treat to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20