Profile for sb > Reviews

Pinzon Plush Cotton Throw in Heather Blue
Pinzon Plush Cotton Throw in Heather Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and feels good to the touch, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The material feels very tactile, it's a pleasant experience using this as a blanket as opposed to a big thick scratchy woollen blanket. It reminds me of one of those micro camping towels, but thicker and more luxurious. It works well when used a blanket, it is quite warm. Also, it doesn't look too bad thrown over the back of the sofa when not in use.

It washes well and hasn't bobbled yet, also it holds the smell of our fabric conditioner too. For the price, it's worth a punt especially with winter fast approaching.

Disney Frozen Ice Skating Anna Doll
Disney Frozen Ice Skating Anna Doll

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to operate, 13 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy wasn't quite as good as we were expecting. It's basically an action man for girls, based on the Frozen film. It doesn't have any functions other than if you can manage to get the floor mount to stay on her foot, it's rear leg will move as you push it along the floor. This is quite fiddly and needs a steady hand so when pushing so that the plastic mount doesn't come off. Also, it has to be physically manhandled to get it to move - the box will give you the impression that you can push, let go and the rest will happen on it's own - not so.

Another bug bear we've found with this - because the doll falls over a lot the tiara has come off - it was only held in place by a thin thread and the difficulty with pushing it along has led to the tiara no longer being attached to the doll after coming into contact with the floor many times.
This is probably better for an adult to play with, not just the child on their own. Good points - if your kids love Frozen, then this is one more film related toy they will be asking you to part with your money for.

LeapFrog Learning Friends Adventure Bus
LeapFrog Learning Friends Adventure Bus

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good product from Leapfrog, 5 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite a good toy from Leapfrog, a brand who's other products my kids have enjoyed for years now. This isn't like one of the interactive books Leapfrog are famed for making, this is a toy bus with interactive features. This was for got for one of my nieces, and while she loves the sounds it makes it does start to brainwash us adults after a day or so, I've found myself walking round the house saying the sound effects out loud!

My niece is a bit younger than the recommended age, but this doesn't seem to diminish her enjoyment of it (she's nearly two) and she seems to know what to do, opening up the side picnic table and swapping the characters around in the bus. She doesn't push the bus along the floor, but seems to pick it up and carry it instead. The bus wheels do move so it can be pushed if you wanted to.

It feels pretty sturdy and so far has survived being dropped quite a few times.

Really good price for what you get, can recommend.

Elixir 50 x 7.5" Extra Strong Black Stick in Angle Head Labels
Elixir 50 x 7.5" Extra Strong Black Stick in Angle Head Labels
Offered by Elixir Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good labels, 2 Oct 2014
I've recently built a medicinal garden at work and used these to label each species of plant. Using a white paint pen, I've found there to be enough space to write both the Latin name and common name of each plant, which is exactly what I wanted them to do. The paint pen went on to the surface of these labels very easily and I didn't need to scratch them up or apply a lacquer beforehand.

They've had a few months of weather now and don't show any signs of weakening, and they've also been accidentally caught with the hoe a few times and didn't snap.

Good price, good quality.

Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibian Snake
Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibian Snake

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I originally got the Lobster version of this toy for my kids, and it turned out that my youngest prefers it more than my eldest, although "le sulk" will occasionally play on it - she's convinced (wrongly) that it's strictly a boys' toy. So, as we have a small nephew with a recent birthday I felt it only right that he get this Snake version so that he and my kids can have races in the back yard. Like the Lobster version, it hasn't shown any signs of breaking yet, although again like the Lobster version, the front end feels a bit flimsy and I would bet that if it breaks anywhere, it will be at the front end first.

It doesn't work very well on our laminate floor as there's not enough for the tyre tread to grab hold of, but is a true beast outside in our yard and copes with the bumpy concrete and grass very well. I was dubious about letting it go across water, but was pleasantly surprised that it does what it promises and floats quite well, although the steering suffers a bit when in the amphibious mode.

The control levers are in the tank steering style - one lever for each side of the vehicle's wheels - this took about five minutes for my daughters to get the hang of, and me! To get it to turn, just ease back one side of the wheels and the more dominant side will drag it round.

Very well priced, the only reason I've given it four instead of five stars is that I don't trust the feel of the plastic covering on the front end of the car. I proved now that it's enjoyed by both small girls and boys, so if you've got a young one in need of a decent Christmas present then I could well recommend this.

LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - gets kids exercising and engaged, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know I sound old by saying this, but I can't believe how good kids' toys are today compared to what I had (action man generation). Basically, my daughter now has a mini computer on her wrist with a mini tv screen that tells her what to do, and KNOWS when she's done it. Mind blowing!

She goes to dancing lessons and has took to this very well, she loves doing all the exercises and I love the fact that she's exercising whilst having fun. It encourages her to exercise by unlocking challenges - the more she does the more her "pet" develops. We haven't downloaded the extras yet, but when I do I may update this review to include those.

I've noticed some reviewers are saying that they have to charge it every day, I suppose it's all relative to how often it's used. We have (as a general rule of thumb) been charging it every two to three days, and my daughter has been using it most nights after school for about half an hour each time. Try putting it into silent mode so that it doesn't send alerts every time something needs doing, that may help extend the battery life.

Very impressed with this, can only give it the full five stars.

Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibian Lobster
Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibian Lobster

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my kids, both girls so slightly unconventional, but so far they love it. It hasn't shown any signs of breaking yet, although I wouldn't trust slamming it head on into a brick wall as the front end doesn't feel entirely robust.

It doesn't work very on our laminate floor, but is a beast outside in the yard and copes with bumpy concrete and grass very well. I was dubious about letting it go across water, but was pleasantly surprised that it does what it promises and floats quite well, although the steering suffers a bit when in the amphibious mode.

The control levers are in the tank steering style - one lever for each side of the vehicle's wheels - this took about five minutes for my daughters to get the hang of.

Very well priced, the only reason I've given it four instead of five stars is that the front feels a bit weaker and less robust than the rest of the car which is quite sturdy. I think it's aimed at boys, but as I said my girls love it (so do I!).

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Oil Anti-Ageing Face Oil for Dry Skin 15 ml
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Oil Anti-Ageing Face Oil for Dry Skin 15 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious, works well on my dry skin, 27 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this as a moisturiser, and haven't been using it long enough to say whether or not it has any effect as an anti ageing oil. What I can say is that it really is greasy and oily, so only use on areas of dry skin as it's too much otherwise. I work outside a lot and it's been great for my skin in cold, windy conditions and stops the harsh effects my skin usually suffers from conditions like that.

It does have a very faint pleasant smell but it doesn't linger, and I learned on the first application that the spray pump doesn't have much oomph in it, so I recommend to spray it into your hands when applying as opposed to directly onto the face - it probably won't reach and make a mess in the bathroom (like what happened to me!)

Can recommend for people with dry skin - its very good at moistening it and feels luxurious.

Take Back the Skies
Take Back the Skies
by Lucy Saxon

4.0 out of 5 stars Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Take Back the Skies (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year old daughter thought this was amazing. It was in parts a little above her reading age but I didn't see the harm in letting her challenge herself. It smacked to me of a spin off from the Hunger Games - a female heroine, young girl who stands up for herself in a dangerous futuristic world where bad things are done to children etc.

Would recommend for young girls who like books about adventure with a dark twist.

The Princess and the Foal
The Princess and the Foal
by Stacy Gregg

3.0 out of 5 stars Pony loving girls should enjoy, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year old daughter thought this was a bit soppy and too girly, she'd rather read about ghosts and prefers more thriller type genre books. However, she read it through to the end and said that overall, she liked the relationship between the Princess and her horse. I've skim read bits of it, and thought that the arabic names could be a bit awkward for a child to understand but when I asked my daughter she said it wasn't a problem.

I also thought that the book was quite well written with regard to the author's understanding of horses, so it should appeal to those who are into horses.

Would recommend for girly girls of about 8 years old and up, preferably those with an interest in horses.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20