Profile for sb > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hi-Tec Trek Go Wearable Activity Tracker - Black
Hi-Tec Trek Go Wearable Activity Tracker - Black
Offered by MUSCAVA

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a better fastener but works well when training, 4 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never owned a fitness tracker before, and I am pretty impressed with this one - barring one or two issues which I will cover in a bit.

First of all the positives. It has a built in pedometer, calorie counter and distance tracker which makes for some useful stats when combined as part of a daily exercise programme. It connects to my phone via bluetooth and sends information the a phone based app from where my daily stats can be viewed and analysed. When connected to my phone, text messages and app notifications are displayed on the watch face of the tracker - this is really good and means that when out running with my phone in pocket, the google map directions of any route I'm on are shown on the screen of the fitness tracker.

There is also a sleep monitor that lets you know if you've had the right amount of sleep in a 24 hour period - the default setting for this is seven and a half hours. All the things measured have default settings, but these can be changed very easily. The phone app that syncs with this has the ability to compare your progress against friends who also own one of these Hi-Tec trackers, but as yet I don't know anyone else who owns one so haven't got the most out of this function. There is also the ability to see how long yo have spent performing physical activity - the default setting is half an hour.

Here are a few reasons why I have only awarded this four stars. I don't have a lot of confidence in the strap - it has an odd fastener and I would prefer something more substantial to keep an expensive piece of kit safely secured to my wrist. Also, this middle of the range version doesn't have a heart beat monitor - the top one does. This means that I doubt the accuracy of the calories consumed data as (as far as I know) the tracker is only working out calories consumed from the amount of movement and distance performed - the addition of heart rate to this equation would make for a more accurate reading as the tracker could calculate our aerobic fat burning zone based off the personal details entered during the set up (age etc).

However, I do like this and it has transofrmed the way I perform physical activity as I now have the ability to have lots of different training stats in one place and think the it is just about worth the price - even if the fastener is a bit dubious.

Diadermine Cellular Expert 3D Procellium 3D Cell Renewing Day Cream 50ml
Diadermine Cellular Expert 3D Procellium 3D Cell Renewing Day Cream 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Soaks in well, best as a day cream, 18 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes in a little glass jar. It is quite a light cream, making it suitable for day use and has the benefit of not leaving a shiny sheen after it has soaked in. It doesn't feel greasy on the skin and soaks in quite well, leaving behind a floral feminine scent which I keep getting a whiff of every time my face catches a breeze. I don't think I've been using it long enough to notice a visible change yet in my skin, but I have noticed that it makes my face feel a little bit tighter when wearing it so there is something going on.

If I wake up one morning after a couple of months use and am having a Benjamin Button moment in the mirror, I will update this review accordingly and will upgrade the rating from four stars to five. Until then, I think it's quite a good four stars and decent value as a face cream.

AEG KM4100 Ultra Mix Kitchen Machine, 1000 W, Gloss Cream
AEG KM4100 Ultra Mix Kitchen Machine, 1000 W, Gloss Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, perhaps a little bit too expensive?, 18 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This quite loud but powerful mixer gets the job done fairly quickly. It is quite heavy and doesn't move about even when on top speed, of which there are ten in total. There is a light which lights up the bowl when in use, it's not necassary in my opinion. I like that there are two bowls that come with this - it helps when making two different mixtures at the same like a cake mix and an icing mix for the same cake.

It handles heavy doughs like bread quite well - some weaker strength mixers I've had in the past made me worry when the machine was under visible and audible strain trying to hook the dough round the bowl - not so with this. It comes with two different sized mixing bowls and three different attachments for mixing. Overall, I award this four stars as although it's very good at mixing and sturdy too, I think it's a lot of money for what it is.

Go Stationery Bright Floral A5 Notebook - Multi-Colour
Go Stationery Bright Floral A5 Notebook - Multi-Colour

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but slightly overpriced, 14 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a decent amount of pages in this notebook, but the spacing of the lines means that it's easy to fill up a page. because of this, I would recommend it's used for jotting down quick reminders in rather than drafting a copy of a re-write of War and Peace! The floral patterened cover makes it more suitable for women, and the sprial metal seems sturdy enough and can withstand pages being torn out without it getting bent out of shape.

I think that it is a little overpriced as you can get bigger notebooks in supermarkets and budget stationary shops for less, however the paper is not bad in quality. For it's slightly dear price, I'll award this four out fo five stars.

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Powder - 9 g, Nude (Number 021)
Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Powder - 9 g, Nude (Number 021)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts for ages, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This can go over foundation to give it a bit of a glow. The foam sponge applicator is very good, and I reckon you could use a brush too if you wanted to. On very pale skin, the colour blends in very well and reduces freckles / spots. It is a solid powder, and when using the sponge it doesn't feel like you have to drag the powder around your face as it has a nice light texture.

It stays on for a long time and easily lasts a full day. i think this is just about the right price for someone who loves their makeup and wants a long lasting powder of a very natural colour.

Maybelline Dream Bronze BB Number 01, Light/Medium
Maybelline Dream Bronze BB Number 01, Light/Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bronzer with added value of a sun protection factor, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This smooth, liquid cream is not runny but more like a thick moisturiser. It goes on evenly with a bit of rubbing in required. It smells a bit powdery, like a plain talcum powder. It is a good bronzer for people who want a small shimmer / sheen effect and the overall effect is a mainly matte effect with the hint of the bronze shimmer.

It lasts all day and when put on in the evening for a night out it easliy lasts the course of the night, I would say it lasts for a good 8 hours. The sun protection factor of 25 is a great idea, it means it can still be used as a makeup in the sun safely.

It is good value, and would recommend people who are looking for something different to a normal foundation and is worth the price.

Breville Impressions 4 Slice Toaster - Cream
Breville Impressions 4 Slice Toaster - Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt stick when springing the bread up and toasts perfectly, 5 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are nine different heat settings, but to be honest I only really use lower end settings to rewarm toast that for whatever reason I have been slow to get to and butter. The spring mechanism pops the bread up very well and doesn't stick like some toasters do. It also doesn't take very long to get four slices of bread to go brown, I won't put a specific time down as different people like their toast different shades of brown.

I like the width of the slots as it easily fits the brand of crumpets that I buy. I know the company says that the design is modern, but I actually think that this toaster looks very at home in our 1950s styled kitchen, the ridges on the bodywork make it look a bit 1950s.

I think it's just about worth the proce as it does four slices at once and works well. A good toaster, five stars.

11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Papers: Multiple Choice - Pack 2
11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Papers: Multiple Choice - Pack 2
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good set of exam practice papers, 5 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike the odd CGP exam pack, this set comes with the answers so you don't have to buy them seperately. There are four question papers in this set, and enough multiple choice answer sheets to work through them all. We make our daighter use a pencil so that we can rub the answers out which makes the tests reusable in the future. I like the way that the answer book doesn't just give the answers, each answer is also explained too which helps the child understand when you show them the ones they got wrong and why they got them wrong.

The questions are varied, and mainly focis on a extract of a text which they are then questioned about. There are also extra questions outside of the text where they have to identify the correct words that would fit in a sentence etc.

Would recommend this for anyone who is preparing their child for the eleven plus exam, but check which syllabus their chosen grammar school is using for their exams are there is more than one.

The 13+ Maths Study Book for the Common Entrance Exams (with online edition)
The 13+ Maths Study Book for the Common Entrance Exams (with online edition)
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 5 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Considering that Maths is a subject where a lot of people struggle, I think CGP have made a good job of breaking down complicated topics into very easy to follow and understand bite sized pieces. After each section in the book there is a summary test, and scattered throughout the sections are sets of small questions to answer as you work through the book - answers for all questions can be found at the back of the book. There is also a handy glossary and reference sheet.

Definitely helpful in preparing for the common entrance exam, and well worth the money.

GCSE English Text Guide - A Christmas Carol
GCSE English Text Guide - A Christmas Carol
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great text guide, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really what it says in the title, a text guide, and not the full book. It is meant to supplement the story of a Christmas Csarol, and I think it does this quite well. It looks at key themes from the story, analyses them, explains it in a very easy to understand way and then after each section is a series of practice exam style questions.

This is a very useful book, but don't think that you can get away without reading the story itself as it only helps understanding, and doesn't replace reading the actual text.

At the end of the book is an exam technique aide - this is very useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20