Profile for sb > Reviews

Take Back the Skies
by Lucy Saxon
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Take Back the Skies (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year old daughter thought this was amazing. It was in parts a little above her reading age but I didn't see the harm in letting her challenge herself. It smacked to me of a spin off from the Hunger Games - a female heroine, young girl who stands up for herself in a dangerous futuristic world where bad things are done to children etc.

Would recommend for young girls who like books about adventure with a dark twist.

The Princess and the Foal
The Princess and the Foal
by Stacy Gregg
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pony loving girls should enjoy, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year old daughter thought this was a bit soppy and too girly, she'd rather read about ghosts and prefers more thriller type genre books. However, she read it through to the end and said that overall, she liked the relationship between the Princess and her horse. I've skim read bits of it, and thought that the arabic names could be a bit awkward for a child to understand but when I asked my daughter she said it wasn't a problem.

I also thought that the book was quite well written with regard to the author's understanding of horses, so it should appeal to those who are into horses.

Would recommend for girly girls of about 8 years old and up, preferably those with an interest in horses.

Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pad Princess Castle
Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pad Princess Castle
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My five year old daughter likes this. There are plenty of reusable stickers in it which gives her variety and so long as she doesn't play with it every day, she hasn't yet become bored of it. I'm not sure exactly who Melissa and Doug are, but my daughter doesn't seem to mind!

With the different scenes in the book, it gives her the opportunity to make up differnet "stories" with the stickers.

Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower
Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Prolific bubble blower, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a little bit dubious that my daughter wouldn't be able to suck up a load of bubbles through the straw liek mouthpiece - but the yellow bit on the dipping end prevejnts this from happening as all the air goes through that if you try to suck. It works really well, just dip the end into the tray of bubble liquid and then blow through the mouthpiece - you get loads of bubbles.

The bottle lasted a couple of weeks but it's easy enough to get replacement fluid, we even make our own.Would recommend for kids who like bubbles, it's very satisfying to see how many you get from one dip.

The Secret Place
The Secret Place
by Tana French
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced detective story, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Secret Place (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A detective story featuring a teenage girl and the murder of a young boy, I thought this would be more suited for my wife but I was pleasantly surprised - it wasn't the chick lit I had wrongly expected it to be. It was quite fast paced and there is a lot going on, but it flows very well and was a pleasure to read. I was kept guessing about the murderer's identity. Will be passing this on to my wife, she will enjoy also I think!

Tacwise Heavy Duty 53 Series Staples 8mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 53 Series Staples 8mm (2000)
Price: 2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good heavy duty staple, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used hundreds of these and have only ever had one or two staples buckle on me - and to be fair this was probably because I was trying to fix them into something too hard. They fit into the Z1 stapler well and I don't have any problems loading them. Also, once in whatever it is I've stapled, they stay in.

Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Price: 66.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toothbrush, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a bit of an investment, but my dentist has been banging on at me to get an electric toothbrush so I got this. I have certainly noticed a difference with the gaps between my teeth - the brush head gets in them far better than a normal brush and the circular motion removes gunk from there that my previous brushing habits never did. I now actually have noticeable gaps between my teeth - my teeth were pretty shocking to be fair. Also, my dentist has told me that since using this brush my gum disease has improved - this is due to the fact that the brush head cleans the gums aswell.

The charge lasts ages, and I've noticed that replacement brush heads are easy to get hold of.

I'll never use a normal toothbrush again!

Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit
Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for its price, 27 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really happy with the battery, it lasts about a day and a half before it needs recharging, so I put it on charge every night so it's ready for the next day. Also, the quality of "smoke" you get from a puff is better and more smokier than from an ELite type vapouriser.

The top section of the E Cig containing the atomiser etc lasted about a month then one day as I was unscrewing it, the platic mouth piece snapped off. I don't think that's bad though, I really got some use out of it in that month. Replacements are easy and cheap enough to get hold of, as are compatibile liquids.

Would consider getting this again, and would recommend to those who are looking at getting an E cig as a way of staying off real cigarettes.

Galt Toys Robo Modelling
Galt Toys Robo Modelling
Price: 10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Robo Modelling (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, I haven't got many positive things to say about this. My nine year old daughter gave up after a few minutes - the bits were fiddly and kept falling off, the instructions didn't make sense and the "robo" aspect gave much promise of space age, free thinking robots but instead what you get is worse than the average Mcdonalds happy meal toy.

If you want your kids to build something, I recommend sticking to Lego - it's far less likely to break and easier to assemble.

Friendship Bracelets Galt Toys Friendship Bracelets
Friendship Bracelets Galt Toys Friendship Bracelets
Offered by The Global Trader
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably more suited for girls, 25 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughters love this. There's a recent craze for loom bands - these aren't loom bands but good old fashioned friendship bracelets made out of coloured string. The set comes with plenty of strings, beads, locket type things etc.

Considering what you get, I think it's good value for money and I've noticed that there are plenty of toy shops that sell accessories that can easily be used with this set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20