Profile for rudaina > Reviews

Vintage Couture Tailoring
Vintage Couture Tailoring
by Thomas Von Nordheim

5.0 out of 5 stars a rare must have, 7 Nov. 2012
When I first received the book I just had to order another one for myself and one for a dear friend of mine who is helping me more than anyone can imagine on how to draft and sew my own clothes.
Yes I did buy 2 copies for myself because I felt that it was outstanding and it would be rare to find such a great book that has everything and in detail.
It is a very detailed book of how to tailor a jacket with lots of step by step easy to follow photos and instructions .
It has not left a thing out and it would be the only book needed to show you how to make a custom made jacket.
The author shows you tips and secrets for you to reach the result of expensive hand made jackets.He really has put a lot of effort in publishing his book ,it is well done.
This book is not for everyone, it is for those who appreciate the work of hands and who are willing to take the extra time and effort to produce something original.
I only hope to see more books from the author with the same quality .
His books will help preserve this nearly lost art from dying.