Profile for Graham > Reviews

Content by Graham

Graham (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
SanDisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 32 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
SanDisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 32 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)

2.0 out of 5 stars Memory Failure and loss of pictures, 11 Aug 2013
This worked fine for a month, but then it froze trying to get pictures from my phone, so I reformatted it and it worked ok for another 3 months, Now I am just frustrated as it just cant read some files

I have been very careful with it, Don't buy it, it will let you down

Anker® 2 x 2200mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII, GT-I9300, with NFC/Google Wallet + Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish you just got the one battery, 15 May 2013
This charger comes with two batteries, but I have just put one away because I only really need two, the one that came with the phone and one more.... to be charging while the other is in my phone.... So really for this product you end up spending more than you might need to. As the extra battery is not needed.

Anyway, the batteries are good and hold charge just as good as the original and they charge up in about 3 hours. If I use my Galaxy S3 constantly it runs out in about 3 hours, so this is fine. Under normal use the batteries last a day though

The charger plugs directly into the mains, so that's handy, you don't need any other charger to go with it, the light on it chages from red to blue when the battery is charged.

Item arrived very quickly in less than 48 hours in standard delivery

JBL On Beat Xtreme High Performance Loud Speaker Dock with UK/EU Mains Adapter Compatible with Apple iOS Devices with Bluetooth - Black
Offered by Superfi

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Quality, Quality, 3 May 2013
Not many shops stock this, so many will buy based on the reviews they read here.

I am a hifi and Audio nut. I spend thousands on gear. This is the best Bluetooth self contained speaker you can get at the moment.

It sounds great, is really well built. The only downside is that it doesn't have a lightening dock connector. Its the old style one..... But I bet they fix that soon. Anyway, I don't really need the dock, only for charging perhaps as the Bluetooth connection always works so well.

The only problem I have had is when you connect a second device, the first one doesn't disconnect, so you have to reboot the device or physically go over and turn it off and on to get the new device to link properly, but this is the same with all Bluetooth devices I have,

This is a great device, wish it had a CD player built in, but you can't have it all!

Remington F7800 Dual Foil Shaver
Remington F7800 Dual Foil Shaver
Offered by Netelectrix Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good Shaver, so good, I bought a second!, 3 May 2013
I have tried lots of shavers from Amazon of all types.

This shaver beats them all. Its a close shave again and again, a quality piece of kit.

Charge lasts for a full hour, enough for about a month of shaving.

I have two of these now because I love it so much, they will replace it one day and I wont be able to get another, get this before they bring out a new inferior model!

Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Black S-Line Gel Silicone Case + Screen Protector & Sock
Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Black S-Line Gel Silicone Case + Screen Protector & Sock
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Back comes off when you remove the cover, 3 May 2013
Its a nice protection for your phone and looks ok, but please beware:

1. When you remove the gel case, the back cover of the phone will usually come off at the same time

2. The power button sometimes gets trapped as its not quite aligned properly and so the phone will be powered off and on by mistake

Apart from that its ok, but I am gonna buy another one from someone else :-)

Samsung Galaxy SIII UK Sim Free Unlocked Smartphone - 16GB - Black
Samsung Galaxy SIII UK Sim Free Unlocked Smartphone - 16GB - Black
Offered by Xpress-Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Why is everyone so amazed by this phone?, 3 May 2013
My Samsung Galaxy S2 got water into it and was playing up, so I decided to look around, I read reviews about this phone and could believe it was as good as everyone was saying.

I have to admit though, I like Samsung phones and it was either this, The S4, or the Iphone. I have the Ipad and I am disappointed at the integration of Apple products with non apple devices and how difficult it is to get media off of them onto other things. So it was a bit of no-brainer.

I bought this phone because the S4 only seemed to have gadgets which I would never use and cost so much more....

Now, about this phone.... I have been disappointed because the reviews make it sound like its amazing, and its not. It the same as my S2 really with a few small additions, the main ones being:

1. Slightly Faster (but not much)
2. Display more clear (but not much)
3. Display slightly bigger (but not much)
4. Battery lasts slightly longer (but not much)

The only real gadget I find useful is the one where you look away from the phone and it switches itself off... this can be more annoying than good though if you look back and have to insert the passcode lock all over again just because you got distracted by something! - However, in the long run, its a good battery saving measure.

Some annoying things you need to bear in mind:

1. Screen protectors do not stick on the edges, maybe because the screen is not entirely flat, so they come off quite easily

2. Its not very loud when talking to people on the phone (not that I do this much lol)

Main problem, and this problem exists with all phones, not just this one... you can't see it in the sunlight! - even in the highest brightness..... what's the point in having a super AMOLED screen when you can even see a thing on it because its not bright enough????

My old HTC wildfire of 2009 has a brighter screen than this!

Apart from that, phone is very very good. As was my Galaxy S2 - no major advance in technology though

Enjoy

Apple iPad Mini - Black (16GB, Wifi)
Apple iPad Mini - Black (16GB, Wifi)
Offered by SkynetShopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 13 Nov 2012
Its my first ever Apple device, I have always shyed away from them because of there lack of integration with non-apple products, however, I love the size of this and as I was thinking of getting an Ipod touch, I thought this would be better as not only it does all that the touch does, but the browsing experience because of the larger screen would be better. Its also very thin, but still feels solid.

I was alarmed at first because my private pictures were available to anyone on my device without them having to put in the passcode! - So watch out for that!

Its a pain that you can't really get anything off of the device without connecting to ITunes via USB, I know it says it does it via wifi, but if your computer is asleep, it wont connect and who leaves their computer on all the time?

The screen is an ideal size for me, I would prefer the retina display though as sometimes its a bit of a strain on the eyes on some web pages. However, for 90% of them its ideal and you can read them without having to scroll sideways.

Its a little bit difficult to hold. You can't really hold it in one hand and so typing is difficult if you do not have a stand for it, balancing it on your leg is very tricky.

The main disadvantage over a laptop is that as you are using the screen as a keyboard, your finger smudges mess up the display so you end up having to clean it at least once a day. I found the screen wipes do a great job though.

A case is essential to make it stand up and protect it as its very precarious without one.

I got the 32Gbyte but took it back and upgraded to 64Gbyte. Its a real pain that apple do not allow SD card for additional memory, so being stuck with 32Gbytes would not be enough for my music collection and photos.

The icloud is quite good and you can get a dropbox account to transfer files from your Android phone. I couldnt get the bluetooth to work with my phone, although it worked with Airport express for streaming and also my Chord bluetooth music streamer....

so the one star down is for the following reasons:

No expandable memory
Bluetooth not working all the time
Difficulty in getting files off of the ipad
Display not quite sharp enough for small typefaces on web pages

Must say though, battery life is very good, Oh and the new lightning socket at the bottom is a pain, you have to pay £25 for an apple adapter so that it will work with docks!
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 6:54 PM GMT

2 X MINI USB BLUETOOTH V2.0 EDR DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER
2 X MINI USB BLUETOOTH V2.0 EDR DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER
Offered by Great Mart-Dispatched From HongKong

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Jan 2012
Wonderful value for money, works better than the £15 adapter I sent back. Why buy any other?

Just plug it in and off you go (Windows 7)

BLACK MULTI PURPOSE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 WALL CHARGER FOR BATTERY EB494358VU FITS GALAXY ACE S5830, GALAXY S MINI, GALAXY GIO S5660, GALAXY FIT S5670 SMART DESKTOP BATTERY CHARGER WITH 3 PIN UK PLUG CONVERTER - BY DiGiBaBa

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Jan 2012
This works perfectly and is the ultimate solution to someone who has an Android phone which keep running out of battery.

The USB charging cable that came with your phone plugs into this and you put the battery in and within about 2 hours of mains charge (longer if in the car) the Samsung Galaxy S II is fully charged

Thumbs Up MINI DV Action Camera
Thumbs Up MINI DV Action Camera
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but not covert enough, 20 Jan 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The video from this device is excellent quality, but the lights on it are so bright when its on, you could never conseal it anywhere

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5