Profile for prmats > Reviews

Content by prmats

prmats (North Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Swizzels Matlow Party Mix 5 Kg
Swizzels Matlow Party Mix 5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars like me, you're wanting this to make party bags ..., 27 May 2016
If, like me, you're wanting this to make party bags with, here's what was in the tub I received:
78 fruit lollies, 68 parma violets, 100 hard boiled fruit sweets, 43 fizzers, 74 mr. chews, 53 mini packs of love hearts, 58 drumstick lollies and 61 of the double lollies. That's 535 sweets in total.

Oral-B Advantage Complete Clean Adult 35 Medium White Fresh Manual Toothbrush Twinpack

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very soft, 27 Dec. 2013
These brushes were way too soft for my liking. It felt like I hadn't brushed at all after using them. Good job I only needed them for a few weeks for travelling. They're in the bin now.

Dredd [DVD]
Dredd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Urban
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars A proper Dredd film, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dredd [DVD] (DVD)
Forget the family film Stallone was in, this is how a proper Dredd film should look. You shouldn't see Dredd's face, so in this one, you don't. The setting is very good too, Mega City one is dark, murky, filthy and crime-ridden as it should be. The slo-mo drug taking scenes work well and there's plenty of action to keep the adrenaline flowing. Perfect to sit down and switch off to.

Cloud Atlas [DVD] [2013]
Cloud Atlas [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Very LONG, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Wow this film seemed to last the whole night. I've only watched it once (not read the book either) and need to watch it again when I have a lifetime to kill. The first 15 minutes are a bit of a head mash to say the least, until you figure out how the film is pieced together. It's a fantastic idea and the way the stories, characters and time frames are interlaced is complicated but very clever. Not one to watch when you've had a few or are feeling tired, this film requires a brain that is awake and willing to work.

True Grit [DVD] (2010)
True Grit [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Jeff Bridges

2.0 out of 5 stars Erm? Speak properly!, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: True Grit [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
Ok, first of all, I'm a big fan of westerns from Fistful of Dollars to Rio Bravo to Open Range. I've seen the original True Grit a few times and was looking forward to watching this remake to see what the new take on it was. I may as well have watched the original again. at least I would have been able to tell what John Wayne was saying. I found it very difficult to comprehend Jeff Bridges words in a lot of places. The main gripe I had though was the fact that everything was exactly the same, pretty much scene for scene. Every other remake I've seen has at least changed some things along the way, but this one, well, it's like they couldn't be bothered to think of anything new.

50/50 (2011) [DVD]
50/50 (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: 50/50 (2011) [DVD] (DVD)
I caught half of this film on TV whilst on holiday and had to get the DVD to see it all. It's a difficult subject to tackle in a comedy but this film manages it very well, (at least in my opinion). Joseph Gordon-Levitt is fantastic in the lead role and Seth Rogen as his loyal best friend is also great, their characters work well together. I've no doubt I'll be watching this again in the not too distant future.

Contraband [DVD]
Contraband [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Contraband [DVD] (DVD)
If you're going to watch this film, make sure somebody is paying you. It's slow, lacks any appreciable action and is so predictable. I was more from it and only watched to the end as I was waiting for something to happen. It never did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 5:34 PM GMT

Giorgio Armani Code Eau de Toilette Spray for Men - 30ml
Giorgio Armani Code Eau de Toilette Spray for Men - 30ml
Offered by John Levis

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure so far, 27 Dec. 2013
I've only used this a few times so far and can't make my mind up about it. The first time I thought it was quite a nice smell but the last few times all I've been able to smell after putting it on is furniture polish.

Thunder Toffee Vodka 70 cl
Thunder Toffee Vodka 70 cl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure..., 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Thunder Toffee Vodka 70 cl (Wine)
Bought to try as it was reduced. I like toffee. I like vodka. Hence I should love this. Unfortunately I found it way too sweet for my taste (and I like sweet stuff). To me it tasted like a sweeter version of the inside of a crunchie bar. Of course, I finished the bottle off, it was only polite.

The Jacket [DVD] [2005]
The Jacket [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Adrien Brody

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely different, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Jacket [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I first saw this years ago and still think it's a great film. It's unfortunate that I can't replicate the experience I had when I first saw it and figured out what was happening, but nevertheless, it's a clever film with two great leading roles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3