Profile for Andrew S > Reviews

Wild Coast: Travels on South America's Untamed Edge
Wild Coast: Travels on South America's Untamed Edge
by John Gimlette

2.0 out of 5 stars Detailed but very dry, 30 April 2011
This is one of the most exhaustively researched bits of travel writing I've read for a long time. The problem however is there is so much history and in so much detail it reads more like a book for Geography A Level! Bill Bryson this isn't! I like to feel that I'm right there with the author exploring new places and seeing new sights. This book really doesn't do that. It did however get me to sleep quite nicely.

Thunder and Sunshine
Thunder and Sunshine
by Alastair Humphreys

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Story Awful Publisher, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Thunder and Sunshine (Paperback)
Unlike the first book in this series the second book has the smallest type I've ever seen! My eyesight is excellent but this book gives me a headache trying to read it. If you have problems with small type seriously don't bother. It's a pity that the work of a fantastic author is ruined by a stupid tight fisted publisher just trying to save money by reducing the pages! Criminal!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 2:08 PM BST

Star Trek - Enterprise - Series 1 - Complete (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Star Trek - Enterprise - Series 1 - Complete (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scott Bakula

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, 4 April 2011
I'd seen a couple of random episodes of Enterprise on TV and not liked it so much, however that's the dangwer of random episodes. I bought this series however and to my suprise it's brilliant! The episodes I saw on TV just happened to be the weakest on offer in this series. Yes it's different to all the other Star Trek but in this series none the worse for it.

Star Trek - Enterprise - Series 3 - Complete (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Star Trek - Enterprise - Series 3 - Complete (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scott Bakula

3.0 out of 5 stars Still good but?, 4 April 2011
I love Star Trek however I'd avoided enterprise for some years now as it was just too different. The first two series were great but it needed more work. The third series is in my view were it started to go wrong. This series (as mentioned by one of the writers) is effectively one long episode, this was not a good idea. They have a major story line to explore with the xindi but an entire series? half a series would have been more than enough. If you lve Star Trek though it's still mote than worth watching.

Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Adventure and Survival
Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Adventure and Survival
by Yossi Ghinsberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 4 April 2011
I love travel writing and adventure books anyway but "Lost In The Jungle" is exceptional. Maybe not the best written book in the world but it doesn't matter as the story is compelling.