Profile for F. Panin > Reviews

Content by F. Panin

F. Panin "FabioStar" (Holland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Legacy
Legacy
Offered by jim-exselecky

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (Audio CD)
I love guitar playing and I was expecting more, much more. I listened to this a few times, forcing myself to go through, but I find it flat. Sorry, G. Moore obviously is not for me.

The Master [DVD]
The Master [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman

1.0 out of 5 stars pointless - but well played, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Master [DVD] (DVD)
this is the most pointless movie I have ever seen. With all respect, and with all my good will, I cannot find a credible clue in this whole plot, which fades away mid way the excessive length (132"). What is remarkable, is how well is played by all, obviously in the first place by J. Phoenix. But ... it is just a great waste of time. I'd rather stare outside the window in a day of dense fog.

Joy Division [DVD]
Joy Division [DVD]
Dvd ~ Grant Gee
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Joy Division [DVD] (DVD)
I seldom rate 1 star, at least in recognition of the effort placed in the production of the work. However this time I am disappointed. This documentary is based on a highly fragmented, interleaved sequence of bit and pieces of interviews with the remaining band members. There are some pictures and footage that is quickly meteored in between. The end result is ... confusion. Mind you, I was not expecting a concert - but this is too much fragmented and fast paced. I do not see the point of showing someone saying: "that was f###ing great" !" out of contest. Thumb definitely down. I recommend to see "Control" instead.

Coyote Ugly [DVD] [2000]
Coyote Ugly [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Piper Perabo
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars why did I buy this?, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Coyote Ugly [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
honestly I cannot remember. The dilemma set out by Amazon ("Coyote Ugly is either a girls' film for boys or a boys' film for girls") is useless, as the only delivery of the movie is the table dancing of a bunch of pretty girls. The rest, you can forget. I can only pity John Goodman for being part of the cast. He must have had some mortgage pay off on the shoulders.

Marching Out
Marching Out
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars is it possible to filter out the vocals?, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Marching Out (Audio CD)
I had another CD by Yngwie that I liked so much, and saw the positive reviews of this. Disappointment: these are songs, not instrumental pieces. The high pitch, monotone vocals really bothers me. I wish I could filter it out and enjoy Yngwie alone.

Adventure
Adventure

1.0 out of 5 stars only - but only - for real fans, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Adventure (Audio CD)
interesting to see how reviews are shared in two distinct groups: "truly fantastic" and "crap". I belong to the latter. This is far to slo-o-o-o-w fro my taste, and compared to "marquee" which was not fast indeed but at least had an essential element of music: rhythm. It found its privileged spot in the remote corner of the rack after the first listen

Nevada Smith [DVD] [1966]
Nevada Smith [DVD] [1966]
Dvd ~ Steve McQueen
Offered by Digizoneuk

4.0 out of 5 stars good non-Western movie, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Nevada Smith [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
This is not at all a typical Western movie, despite the occasional gunshots. The plot is simple but still one wonders what is going to happened at various points along the (long) movie, which is good as in fact several developments could be possible. Eventually the most obvious is the one, with the full revenge being achieved. SMcQ does not seem to suit the age expected for his character, but this is compensate by his impeccable play (and display of youth agility ...). The end - which is eventually expected - is quite abrupt. But one can cope with that. An additional bonus, not negligible, is the magnificent views of the some USA landscapes I personally love (Nevada, South West)

The Assassin [1993] [DVD]
The Assassin [1993] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bridget Fonda
Offered by claires_media_store

2.0 out of 5 stars cut and paste of "nikita" with something missing, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Assassin [1993] [DVD] (DVD)
This is a carbon copy of "Nikita" (that I highly recommend) lacking the depth of the various characters. Bob (the tutor) looks like a robot with no feelings, Maggie does her best but ... something is missing despite Bridget's effort.
Watch Nikita, you will not be disappointed.

Frenching the Bully
Frenching the Bully
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Too single paced, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Frenching the Bully (Audio CD)
I find this CD too single paced. I enjoyed much more "The conquering chicken" as there is more variety. Mia's voice is anyway outstanding and the grungy guitar sound is very powerful (I wish I could play like that)

The Punk Singles 1981-84
The Punk Singles 1981-84

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard core punk?, 26 May 2013
Is this hard core punk? Lyrics are minimal (not minimalistic), drummer has one single working frequency, overall I find it a monotonous white noise. I rate it 2 just because I like punk music, but I definitely prefer UK Subs, the Antinowhere League, etc the Exploited, Cockney Rejects, etc

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19