Profile for R. Carr > Reviews

Prashad At Home: Everyday Indian Cooking from our Vegetarian Kitchen
Prashad At Home: Everyday Indian Cooking from our Vegetarian Kitchen
by Kaushy Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious food, lovely book, 30 Aug. 2015
Preordered this book as I loved the last Prashad book and it is FANTASTIC. The book only arrived this morning but I've just cooked the potato and onion curry for dinner (as I already had all the ingredients) and am impressed. Most of the recipes use cheap, easy to find ingredients and there are plenty of quick-to-make midweek meals and snacks as well as more complex options. If this evening's meal is a sign of things to come I can see myself cooking most of the dishes in the book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2015 8:48 PM BST

Hedgerow (River Cottage Handbook, No.7)
Hedgerow (River Cottage Handbook, No.7)
by John Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, interesting, excellent!, 5 Aug. 2010
Just received my copy yesterday, and this is a fantastic little book!

I already have some of the other books in this series (Mushrooms, Veg Patch, Preserves) and this one fits in beautifully with loads of information about each of the plants as well as clear images and identification advice. In my opinion the images are much clearer than those in "Food for free" - this book is bigger and heavier to carry around but I think it might be worth it!

The sections on useful tools and the law relating to foraging are informative whilst still being interesting to read as they are interspersed with humour.

The recipes look interesting too and I can't wait to give them a try.

All in all - one happy customer :)

River Cottage Every Day
River Cottage Every Day
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Christmas present, 1 Jan. 2010
Of all the Christmas presents I received this year, this book has definitely been the most used so far.

Since Christmas, I have already got a sourdough starter going, had a go at making yogurt, made a gorgeous pheasant and chorizo casserole and cooked a luscious rich chocolate cake for our new year party - all inspired by this book! All have come out beautifully, and involved minimal effort, especially given the quality of the final results. The Easy Rich chocolate cake went down especially well.

The recipes in this book all look delicious, and I can't wait to try all the others.

Recommend this book highly.