Profile for Ross Bryant > Reviews

Ross Bryant (UK)

The Day After Roswell
The Day After Roswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil aliens?, 27 Aug 2013
Let us assume that Colonel Corso's account is true and is an accurate recollection of events (Taking into account that it was, presumably, ghost written when he was 83 years old and in failing health). The most significant and thought provoking aspect is that the US military believed, and still do, that the aliens had evil intent. Why? Because they took evasive action to avoid being shot down and tried to discourage us from developing weapons of mass destruction. To me, the idea that the EBEs wanted to destroy us is totally facile. There are far more subtle ways than energy beams and explosives. It speaks volumes about the ingrained attitude of the US military, who is a far greater threat to the human race than the EBEs ever were. Also the idea that the US could establish a military outpost on the Moon, without intervention from the EBEs, is laughable.

The Things I Wish They'd Told Me As I Was Growing Up
The Things I Wish They'd Told Me As I Was Growing Up
by David Rankin

5.0 out of 5 stars Too late!, 12 Aug 2013
I loved this book because the author has collated my own emergent views on almost every subject. I thought of writing something similar, to get my own mind straight, but David has saved me the trouble. When reading books of this type, I have a highlighting pen and sticky bookmarks to hand, so that I can refer back to the passages that I find most significant. In this case, I really do wish that I had known these things as I was growing up. My life would have been very different. But then, we are supposed to be here to learn from our mistakes, aren't we?

Entangled
Entangled

3.0 out of 5 stars Lousy ending, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Entangled (Kindle Edition)
It's a good, rip roaring, yarn (not for the squeamish, or easily shocked). I'm not sure if the author intended to write a sequel, or just ran out of steam, but the ending was most unsatisfactory. I prefer my fiction with a proper ending, happy or sad. It doesn't matter. I think the author should stick with his 'factual' work, which is excellent. I agreed with his choice of female lead characters. Strong women gaining ascendancy in a man's world, is always interesting. As were the visions of the spirit world. Although, I fervently hope that my own afterlife will be a lot less scary and hectic. No soul eating demons please!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product., 7 April 2013
I purchased this to help during recovery from a hip replacement operation. The cushion is very comfortable and I took it with me when visiting friends and family. Having recovered from my op. I still use it on my computer chair.

Yeomans Lawn Aerator Sandals
Yeomans Lawn Aerator Sandals
Offered by The Old Railway Line Garden Centre

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea- Poor Straps, 7 April 2013
Basic concept is good but the straps are useless. Impossible to get tight enough. Another reviewer suggested using ratchet straps, but for the extra cost this entails, I would recommend buying a rotary lawn aerator instead, at £28. Unfortunately the sandals are destined for the charity shop... or the bin!

The Hidden Science of Lost Civilisations: The Source Field Investigations
The Hidden Science of Lost Civilisations: The Source Field Investigations
by David Wilcock

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Connecting the dots', 28 May 2012
This is one of a long list of similar works that I have read since I decided, as a retirement project, to research what is currently regarded as the paranormal. I.e.in its broadest sense, including conspiracy theories, UFOs, the afterlife, alternative history, global finance etc, etc. This book is one of the best in that, to use what has become a somewhat hackneyed phrase, it 'connects the dots' that link to some kind of global change in 2012. It also adds to a growing sense of frustration that, regardles of the evidence, both empirical and subjective, its main theme of the connectedness of all things, via the source field or zero point, quantum foam, etc, is still largely ignored or ridiculed by mainstream science (or suppressed by corporations with vested interests). Whilst I don't accept all af the ideas put forward, it is an inspiring read and well worth five stars. Buy it and read it!

Bladez Toyz Salvation Micro Infrared 3 Channel R/C Helicopter
Bladez Toyz Salvation Micro Infrared 3 Channel R/C Helicopter
Offered by Party, Stationery, Toys & Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Great fun while it lasted, 14 Jan 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
You only have to speak to any rc helicopter enthusiast to realise that you will need spare parts and customer support. I found the Bladez Toyz website unreliable; seems to change every day. Customer support emailed me a link to an Ebay site for spares which was far from comprehensive, with the part I required not listed. During re build I lost one of the micro screws that retain the blades to the main shaft. Very easy to do. They are not available as spares. I decided to buy a replacement helicopter and use the original for spares, but the retail price has just been increased by 30% with a 2 to 3 week lead time. I have been unable to contact customer support a second time. Overall an unsatisfactory experience.

Stardust Dads: The Afterlife Connection
Stardust Dads: The Afterlife Connection
by David R. George

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming and Optimistic, 16 Sep 2009
As a voracious reader I am always on the lookout for something different and unexpected. `Stardust Dads' is all that. It is a heart-warming and optimistic tale, reflecting the recent upsurge of interest in the paranormal which, some say, is to be expected as we move towards a universal spiritual awakening around 2012. Whether you are a believer or not, it is a hugely enjoyable read, with just enough of the erotic and thriller genre to add spice.