Profile for Sas Amaz > Reviews

Maglite Blue Solitaire Torch AAA - Boxed
Maglite Blue Solitaire Torch AAA - Boxed
Price: 10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Thing, 10 Oct 2013
I bought 3 of these little things to surprise my husband with a Hyde Park bat walk (he has a thing for bats) and whilst it turned out to be useless for the event it did turn out that it was useful for him as a musician and sometime technician (he likes peeking into cabinets). I found mine useful for looking for my keys at the dead of night so a very handy thing to have around. The torch has three settings, 1 concentrated beam (most useful) and 2 wider beams (which I found a little less helpful the visual was a little 'fuzzy').

Graffiti Bridge [DVD]
Graffiti Bridge [DVD]
Dvd ~ Prince
Offered by dutchtoni
Price: 25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this one, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Graffiti Bridge [DVD] (DVD)
I am a firm Prince/Morris Day & Jerome fan since my husband forced me to watch Purple Rain in January 2013. I scoured the web (consisting of a google search, imdb search and amazon ) for Prince material, coming across the articles where Prince himself denied the internet as a medium for his brand, I lucked out finding Graffiti Bridge 'the unofficial sequel' to Purple Rain. It seemed pretty official to me as all the characters and settings are the same.

I have a love of the 80s, though I am a 90s child, and I didn't like GB as much as PR: it lacked a certain fluidity (perhaps novelty?) of the first movie. Saying that Morris Day & Jerome were a saving grace, slick, cool and funny. There were hints of bad guy noir, the story was simple enough, the tragedy a little overdone, the guardian angel a bit of a mystery to me.

Prince is intense as always, the man is the epitome of sex, it is always pleasure to watch him do his thing. Morris Day & Jerome are adorable villains and one of the best comic duo I've seen. I enjoyed the music, an eclectic mix of songs, rap, funk, pop, spiritual. The movie is an absolute novelty, probably not the best of sequels but a definite must have for a Prince/Morris Day fans.

Kushiel's Dart: Kushiel's Legacy: Book One (Kushiel's Legacy Book 1)
Kushiel's Dart: Kushiel's Legacy: Book One (Kushiel's Legacy Book 1)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!, 10 Oct 2013
This book is beautifully written, it sucks you into with complete certainty and the suspense and sensuality will keep you going to the end.

I'm not usually a fan of first person narrative but this was done so fluidly that I forgot why I disliked it in the first place. Ms Carey has put together a wonderfully mature adventure, with complex political intrigues, alluring characters and a convincing, if not blasphemous, mock-history.

It eases you into a completely realised world, it is sensitively written and doesn't overload you with information i.e. politics/the world, it had the right balance of description, emotion and action. I felt the characters were well developed throughout and the erotic nature of it enhanced the story line. The scenes were not indulgent in the sense they were carried out for a purpose of plot progression and further realising the characters.

In fact nothing about this novel (or subsequent books in the series) annoyed me, the heroes/heroines were not portrayed as superheroes but (just about) ordinary, vulnerable people, each experiencing their own journey of suffering, sexual awakening and maturity. The touches of magic were not overplayed and completely acceptable within the realms of the novel. I felt like Ms Carey took me on a tour of the old world, arid deserts, lush jungles, the wilds of an older earth and of course the barbaric and civilised worlds of tribes and courts. It was all been completely absorbing, keeping me in equal parts excited and emotional and of course wanting more.

I have read the complete Kushiel/Treason's Heir/Namaah series and they are amongst the best novels I have had the pleasure of reading. This is definitely a series to keep for the long haul. I would recommend to anyone who is looking to read a series of mature, dark, fantasy thrillers.

A Taste of Blood Wine (The Blood Books Book 1)
A Taste of Blood Wine (The Blood Books Book 1)
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampires & Englishmen, 25 May 2013
This story has been in my life since I was young and it is as beautiful now as it was upon first reading it; Fred Warrington has a breath taking way with words that's more like poetry than prose. The romance is elegantly paced and believable, Karl is a sympathetic character and Charlotte a well written heroine and as their worlds collide there is a great supporting cast that will allow you to utterly immerse yourself in the world of vampires and Englishmen.

I would highly recommend the book and the sequel A Dance in Blood Velvet which is very hard to find in print or extremely expensive to purchase but luckily coming to kindle soon.

Rock N Roll Nightmare [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Rock N Roll Nightmare [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jon Mikl Thor
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 9.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 8 April 2013
Possibly one of the best worst movies ever released! I got this for my husband who shares my love for cheesy horror, heavy metal and musicals.

I felt as if I were watching two movies in one, first the most god-awful stalk and slash soft core B-movie that God ever envisioned and then the most briliant manically genius ending ever thought of by the B-movie universe. It's worth getting for the ending alone.

Fans of this would also like Shock 'Em Dead.

Spartacus: Swords and Ashes
Spartacus: Swords and Ashes
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Spartacus Fix, 8 April 2013
I purchased this book between the end of the first series and release of the second and needed a Spartacus fix. It moves as smoothly as the studio, the script is spot on and it's a bit of fun. I must have read this in less than a day. I would reccomend it for any Spartacus fan or for anyone who wants a quick Roman read.

Dark Currents: Agent of Hel
Dark Currents: Agent of Hel
Price: 4.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 8 April 2013
I am always excited to see more from Jacqueline Carey and surprised to see her release a paranormal romance/adventure with the generic kick-ass female cover to boot.

I enjoyed this book. It was a departure from the lush world of Kushiel which will remain my most favourite of Ms Carey's writings to date. I found the world of Dark Currents easy to engage with, well written without being overly descriptive and loved the rich and varied mythological community (Lamia, Mermaids, Werewolves...)

The story wasn't heavy and I didn't feel weighed down emotionally but enjoyed the action and the unravelling of the mystery as well as the humour, although it was somewhat predictable by the end.