Profile for Laura L. Nisbet > Reviews

Content by Laura L. Nisbet

Laura L. Nisbet "muddywellies" (Ayr, Scotland UK)

300PSI Mini Air Compressor
300PSI Mini Air Compressor

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Electric, Not 300PSI as Stated, and Short Cord, 18 May 2012
This review is from: 300PSI Mini Air Compressor
I did a search for an electric air compressor to pump up our teams basketballs. This came up on the search. No where in the description does it say that the compressor works off of your car cigarette lighter. They are very careful to exclude this information in the description. Very misleading.

It is advertised as a 300PSI air compressor but the box states it is in fact only a 250 PSI compressor. They are very careful not to show the box so that you can't see this. False advertisement.

Although it will work for the purpose, it's not very ideal when having to run the balls from the gym to car park to air up balls so thought I'd keep it for the car but cord is not long enough to reach back tyres so guess it will retire to loft with camping gear.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2012 12:22 PM BST

Spirit AS018 Ladies black multi-thong watch
Spirit AS018 Ladies black multi-thong watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, 9 Mar. 2009
I like the watch. It's a good look and was very inexpensive. The only complaint I have about the watch is that I wish the part of the band had one or two more holes to adjust the fit a tiny bit more, but still like it a lot.

Seinfeld : Season 7 [DVD] [2006]
Seinfeld : Season 7 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jerry Seinfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Better, 9 Mar. 2009
I think Seinfeld got better and better with each season. This is one of my favorite seasons. I love that in this season each character starts to realize just how pathetic each other and themselves are but yet still do nothing to try to stop it. In fact, they seem to encourage each other to carry on. And it has the Soup Nazi.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 'All-Play' (Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 'All-Play' (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Whole Family Can Play all at Once, 30 Jan. 2009
I originally purchased this for my husband but I think I have ended up playing it more than he does but probably only because I've got a lot more spare time. The graphics are great. It's easy enough to learn so that my 10 year old daughter enjoys it as well. You can even play as female golfers so that's cool. My husband is an avid golfer, I am not, and my daughter is just learning but we can all play at the same time on an equal playing level. I have no complaints at all.

The Most Amazing Places to Visit in Britain (Readers Digest)
The Most Amazing Places to Visit in Britain (Readers Digest)
by Reader's Digest

3.0 out of 5 stars Could easily be called "Most Amazing Places to Visit in England", 5 Dec. 2008
Book is of very good quality. Nice photos, glossy pages, big but not too big. I was impressed with the range of places that are covered as the information caters to everyone. What I was very disappointed though with is how very little is covered regarding Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Although physically England only takes up less than half of Great Britain he takes up almost the entire book. There are 237 pages devoted to England. Only 35 devoted to Scotland, 20 pages to Wales, and only 7 to Northern Ireland. This could be excused if there were not more that would make a nice addition to the book, but as for Scotland...much was left out. Granted you can't include everything but Wallace Monument, Ben Nevis (tallest peak in G.B.), and "The Granite City" of Aberdeen including Aberdeen University should not have been left out. I don't write this as a Scottish person either. I write this as an American now living in the U.K. so I know what tourist would be impressed with because I was and still am one.

I bought this book hoping to send to a loved one back in the US that is coming here for a tour this summer and wanted him to be able to have a book showing the best of the UK so he could pick what he'd like to do and see. I feel like I need to buy a suplemental book still covering the rest of Great Britain. Other than that the book is very good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2012 6:11 PM BST