Profile for Andrew > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
My Early Burglary Years
My Early Burglary Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Judged, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: My Early Burglary Years (Audio CD)
There seems to be no clear rationale behind the track listing of this late nineties compilation, from Morrissey. It is simply a hodgepodge of brilliant solo material, with the most beautiful cover artwork.

Body Exit Mind
Body Exit Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars World: Listen, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Body Exit Mind (Audio CD)
I bought this LP when it first came out, and I still listen to it regularly 22 years on. In my opinion, it vies--along with U2's Achtung Baby, Morrissey's 'Vauxhall & I' and 'Crazy at the Weekend' by Sunhouse--to be crowned as the best album of the 1990s. Not that anyone listens to me anymore than they listen to Sunhouse, U2, Morrissey or the New Fads.

Antonio Puig Agua Brava Eau De Cologne Splash for Men 100ml
Antonio Puig Agua Brava Eau De Cologne Splash for Men 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars It could even become my favourite of the three, 29 Oct. 2014
I generally wear Versace's classic fragrance or Puig's 'Quorum'; this is somewhat similar to each, but with a more citrus and moss smell than them (and with less of a leather scent). It could even become my favourite of the three: it really wakes me up in the mornings.

Demon Under Glass [DVD]
Demon Under Glass [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Carter
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Vlad on a Shoestring, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Demon Under Glass [DVD] (DVD)
This horror film meets its budget limitations with an ingenious plot: a vampire is scrutinised in under lab conditions, and so in confinement. On occasion, this has the movie resembling a theatre production committed to video. Nevertheless, the premise is absorbing enough to make the shoestring production 'issues' disappear. A minor triumph then, though I would still love to see a more polished remake.

Life [Expanded]
Life [Expanded]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sound of Tameside, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Life [Expanded] (MP3 Download)
Like many of my 'indie' fan peers, I spent much of the nineties moaning about 'Simply Dreadful'. Sure, I liked the odd track ('We're in this Together' and 'So Beautiful' always seemed fantastic) but generally Mick evoked more laughter than awe. However, twenty years later I find myself rating his band, alongside The Smiths and The Durutti Column, as one of the finest exemplars of Manchester's music scene (it's now the name Oasis that has me creasing my brow and stifling giggles). Life, incidentally, is perhaps the best Simply Red album.

Introducing Morrissey [DVD] [2014]
Introducing Morrissey [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Morrissey

5.0 out of 5 stars Morrissey Towers, 22 July 2014
This video represents two dates (i.e. Blackpool & Sheffield) from a string of concerts which occurred early in 1995. The quality of the footage is a good few notches above that captured for 1991's 'Live in Dallas' video. The recording also shares an intimacy with fans that is largely absent from later concert films. However, it is the quality of the played material--as much as the images of its reception--that distinguishes this DVD. For the most part, Morrissey draws from his 'Vauxhall & I' album and the succeeding 'Boxers' E.P. The outcome is a repertoire which is so good that it verges on the otherworldly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 8:12 PM BST

Kenco Millicano Tin 100 g (Pack of 6)
Kenco Millicano Tin 100 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by madwholesale2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Millicano is not Millicano Anymore, 15 Feb. 2014
This was once the best instant coffee. However, its consistency and flavour is now the same as any other freeze-dried coffee--only significantly more expensive.

The HMV/Parlophone Singles 1988-1995
The HMV/Parlophone Singles 1988-1995

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star, 20 Jan. 2014
If you are a Morrissey newcomer, perhaps looking to purchase just one release, then this compilation is ideal: it represents the artist at the very peak of his powers. Indeed, it might offer the best value of any music release available on Amazon.

The Lone Ranger [DVD]
The Lone Ranger [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Lying, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Lone Ranger [DVD] (DVD)
Rumour had it that this film was cobblers. It wasn't. Frankly, I felt it was an unflawed masterpiece. Cult status is assured.

Crazy on the Weekend
Crazy on the Weekend
Offered by digitalmediadistribution

5.0 out of 5 stars True even if removed, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Crazy on the Weekend (Audio CD)
It's all true. This is simply one of the greatest LPs ever recorded. Time, not sales figures, will vindicate Sunhouse.

Page: 1 | 2