Profile for Miss L M Murphy > Reviews

Content by Miss L M Murphy

Miss L M Murphy (Bury St Edmunds, England)

The Peace of Edmund Reid
The Peace of Edmund Reid
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ending to a brilliant series. Thank you Amazon!, 7 Feb. 2015
Have just finished watching Season 3 finale and I think this has been outstanding. Just a massive thank you to Amazon for saving the show. Whilst the end was perfect, I would really miss these characters if Amazon decides not to continue with it.
And will someone please give Jerome Flynn a BAFTA for his portrayal of Bennett Drake throughout the 3 series. He's been absolutely brilliant.

Indigo Banana 1m USB 3.0 Male to Male Ultra High Speed Cable
Indigo Banana 1m USB 3.0 Male to Male Ultra High Speed Cable
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately didn't work, 28 May 2014
bought this on the strength of reviews to connect my Mac to various gadgets via a hub. No dice. Not sure what the problem was. Could be it was 3.0 and my hub can't cope with it. ?? :(

Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and great quality, 16 Mar. 2012
I have been using a Canon Pixma MP9500 A3 Printer for about 3 years. There's no doubt about the quality although I've always struggled with colour matching (but that may be more about my lack of technical knowledge). But it's slow, noisy, and drinks ink like you wouldn't believe and as a consequence, ridiculously expensive to run. I found I was using it less and less, and having to farm out my A3 print jobs elsewhere which wasn't particularly convenient.

Enter this printer. I was wary about buying another Canon but was swayed by the reviews....and the miraculous price!

What a fantastic printer this is! Easy for me to set up as I just swapped USB over from the other one. The first thing I noticed was that it's so much lighter with a smaller footprint than the MP9500. The Canon inks are slightly cheaper too but I purchased a load of compatible ones from First Call which are much cheaper and quality is exactly the same. I was over the moon with the results. Really great colour-matching for the outset on default settings - (just as long as you indicate the right paper), much faster printing. Can't fault it. This printer is just amazing value and has restored my faith in Canon products!

10 Canon Compatible CLI526, PGI525, Printing Ink Cartridges - NEW WITH CHIP INSTALLED NO FUSS - Multipack Set of 10 Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for CANON PIXMA iP4850, iP4950, MG5150, MG5250, MG5350, MG6150, MG6220, MG6250, MG8150, MG8220, MG8250, MX715, MX885, IX6550 Printer Inks PGI 525BK, CLI 526Y, CLI 526M, CLI 526C, CLI 526BK,) High Capacity Inks
Offered by First Call Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, cheap and great quality, 16 Mar. 2012
I have always been a bit wary of buying compatible inks as I've had so much trouble with them in the past. But this was such an amazing offer, I decided I didn't have anything to lose. I ordered an A3 Canon Pixma printer at the same time and I am so impressed with both.

The inks arrived within days of ordering. They load really easily and i'd say the quality matches if not exceeds the manufacturer's, even though they are a fraction of the price. I haven't used the printer long enough to gauge how quickly they run down but they don't seem to be emptying any quicker than the Canon ones and I would happily purchase them again on price and quality alone. Well done First Call - I think you're going to save me alot of money :-)

Sennheiser PC 21 Headset with Over Head Monaural VoIP
Sennheiser PC 21 Headset with Over Head Monaural VoIP

4.0 out of 5 stars great value headset, 4 Feb. 2011
Bought these because my other headphones have a ridiculously short lead so the first time I Skype'd I had to conduct the entire conversation about 8 inches away from my screen! Also I only have the use of one ear so stereo phones are a bit pointless for me. Tested them today and I am so pleased with their clarity, yes they are slightly 'tinny' but as I'm only using them for Skype calls this isn't a problem. Did a test recording of my voice through the mike and it's very clear and a good volume. Perfect for my needs and great value. Only 2 reasons for not giving 5 stars: headset is slightly too big even on smallest setting, (I don't think I have an exceptionally small head) and there is no volume control as far as I can see which maybe an issue for some - but as I said they are clear enough for my imperfect hearing so people with normal hearing should have no problem.

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
by Bryan Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding exposure in plain English, 24 Jan. 2005
Thankyou Bryan Peterson. You are a saviour! I'd recently purchased myself a Nikon F55 plus a few extras in the January sales, and had read a book I already had on photography. As I continued to read, my heart sank lower and lower. Nobody told me you had to have a PhD in Nuclear Physics to learn photography! What were all those tables, and charts and calculations??Enter Bryan. Discovered in an Amazon search, persuaded by other favourable reviews, he already sounded like the man I needed to put me back on track. And boy was I not disappointed. This man makes you feel like anyone could be a professional. His prose is chatty, avuncular but never patronising. Yes, some (frankly humourless) people may get annoyed with his little mantras that he's devised over the years to guide him through metering problems. But to me they're more memorable than a sea of numbers. And once you've read it the first night you get it (which you will), it suddenly all becomes so clear. He tells you where to meter, illustrates clearly each effect he's tried to achieve- in laymans language, it all sounds so much less daunting and far simpler than you were ever led to believe - and you just know he is absolutely passionate about what he does. This shows in his beautiful pictures. So if you're a beginner or intermediate - this is the Book for you.
PS: one nitpick - in his section on Aperture he explains about depth-of-field scales (absent from most modern cameras with zoom lenses) and that it's necessary to calculate this by distance setting instead. Only he didn't include a chart to say what the scales/distances were.