Profile for Helen > Reviews

Helen

The Letter
The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
I used to wonder how present day Germans must feel about their past, but I think I can now imagine. As an English women of Irish parents of that generation, there but for the grace of God . . . Etc.

Such wanton, vicious, vindictive cruelty perpetrated against vulnerable girls and their babies in the name of a loving and just God beggars belief. And this was not in time of war, but over decades of "peace and civilisation". Even when it was clearly known to have been a terrible injustice the church and Nuns conspired to extend the misery by denying and covering up their evil small minded behaviour. I feel ashamed of my Irish heritage and my ex-catholic religion.

May God give them the justice that they gave the girls. And last but not least, what about the men, the fathers, boyfriends and husbands that let this happen, they too should hang their heads in shame.

Children in Psychiatric Hospitals (True Stories of Life in a Psychiatric Hospital Book 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars An interesting topic ruined by the appalling lack of literary skill., 3 July 2014
I find it hard to believe the professed biography of the author of this book. Absolutely awful writing. I am concerned for her counselling victims.

Reservation Road
Reservation Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Reservation Road (Kindle Edition)
This book was excellent, extremely well crafted. A real page turner with an unpredictable end. I will be looking for more of John's books.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 22 Sept. 2013
I really didn't like this book, bad language, horrible sexual direction whenever possible, maybe it improves, I only got through first chapter but didn't want to continue. Even without the above I found the style of writing boring!

The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning
The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this by accident, but it was fantastic, 24 July 2013
Really funny, fast paced and entirely different. Terrific, I really enjoyed it. Looks at life from a different angle, excellent.

Girls Wheeled Rucksack Backpack School Dancing Bag Kids (Girls/Black)
Girls Wheeled Rucksack Backpack School Dancing Bag Kids (Girls/Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Bag, 29 Sept. 2011
Lovely thing for a little girl, very small, more of a toy than serious travel kit. But lovely for my 2 year old grandaughter.