Profile for Ms. J. Hughes > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. Hughes

Ms. J. Hughes "Jem" (London)

200G 10% Sulphur Soap
200G 10% Sulphur Soap
Offered by Christina May Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's sensitive on my skin too which is great. It was drying at first but my skin ..., 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: 200G 10% Sulphur Soap (Misc.)
I have rosacea and am back here buying my second bar. It's not a miracle cure - I have damage to my veins under the skin on my cheeks which nothing but a laser will fix - but this soap prevents outbreaks of the spots and bumps that cause the damage. It's sensitive on my skin too which is great. It was drying at first but my skin is used to it now. I use it with mama nature pro rosacea cream which I also find excellent.

AQUAporin by Eucerin Active Moisturising Eye Cream 15ml
AQUAporin by Eucerin Active Moisturising Eye Cream 15ml
Offered by Powderpuff Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars I have blepharitis and needed a good sensitive moisturising cream for my eye area - this ..., 5 Aug 2014
I have blepharitis and needed a good sensitive moisturising cream for my eye area - this ticks the box. The bottle is a bit smaller than I was expecting but a little goes a long way.

Love, Of a Kind
Love, Of a Kind
by Felix Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and inspiring poetry for all, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love, Of a Kind (Hardcover)
A truly beautiful book of poetry - moving, funny, thought-provoking - and set against the most lovely illustrations. I really recommend this book for your own bookshelf and as a gift for others.

Mama Nature of London ProSkin Rosacea Natural Skin Cream 100ml
Mama Nature of London ProSkin Rosacea Natural Skin Cream 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 weeks in and it's really helping, 26 Aug 2013
I'm 29 and have had rosacea for a year - redness on my cheeks by my nose and spots. It is such a distressing condition to suddenly develop, especially when you read and hear that there's no cure. It got worse and developed to ocular rosacea so was affecting my eyes too - sore, red puffy eyelids. I went to see my GP who gave me metronizadol (sp) gel and then Finacea, which burned my skin and didn't really seem to make much difference. I went back and went on a course of antibiotics, which made me feel sick every day, gave me headaches - and seemed to do nothing for the rosacea.

I read a comment about Proskin Rosacea on the NHS page about the condition and thought I would give it a go. I was very sceptical - my GP had said none of her patients had reported success with any 'alternative' treatments. A week in and there wasn't much difference at all, my skin felt a little calmer maybe but no real results. Another week in and now I'm actually starting to feel like it does make a positive difference. I wouldn't go so far to say it's a miracle cure or anything, but I have less spots and less redness - which is closer to what I want (neither of each!).

I am going to keep going with it definitely and hope this improvement continues. I would recommend sticking with it for at least 2 weeks to give it a chance.

My only other comment on it is that I find it makes my skin slightly greasier than usual. I apply it morning and night, and find by the end of the day at work my skin is quite shiny and greasy. Keep face powder on you though and it's fine.

I will try and report back again in another 2 weeks and hope it's improved again.

Concorde
Concorde
by Frederic Beniada

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning tribute, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Concorde (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my boyfriend who is a commercial pilot and flies a 737-800. I have less interest in planes, but love this book almost as much as he does I think. It is very beautifully put together, huge, stunning full page photographs and lovely details such as boarding cards and menus.

I highly recommend this as a gift for someone interested in planes, or even for yourself as a coffee table book. It is a very beautiful and very interesting book.

Strawberry Recipe Journal (Cookery)
Strawberry Recipe Journal (Cookery)
by New Holland

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but could be more.... functional, 6 Nov 2007
This might be exactly what you are looking for - if you looking for a book, that is divided into sections (e.g. starters, veggies, meat etc) and consists of lined pages that you can scribble your lovely recipes onto.
I kind of wanted something a little more eclectic, that was designed to have things stuck into it. As it is I have been happily sticking away anyway and it is working out fine so far, I guess I would have liked it to be a bit more 'scrap book-y'
On the plus side it is pretty and in the back there is a cardboard envelope bit that you can put things in if you wanted to.

Casio EX-Z1050 Digital Camera - Black (10.0MP,  3x Optical Zoom) 2.6" LCD
Casio EX-Z1050 Digital Camera - Black (10.0MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.6" LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab camera, 17 Aug 2007
This camera is such a good buy, and really great value for money.
Firstly it is brilliant quality - the pictures are so sharp, and the "Best Shot" feature makes it easy to take good pictures in different setting and light qualities. I found that the soft flash is also really good for taking portrait pictures in the evening - when you need more light but don't want people's faces to be totally white from having a bright flash.

It also has a really good battery. I recieved the camera two weeks ago, messed around with it solidly for two days and then took it on holiday for a week. I used it all holiday and still haven't had to charge it. In fact it still has two-thirds of it's battery left!

I got a 2GB SD memory card and this holds just under 600 photos. You need to get one of these with this camera, as the file sizes are quite big you need the storage room.

Finally it is stylish and looks great - especially in black I think.

Thoroughly recommended!