Profile for Fiona Wynn > Reviews

Content by Fiona Wynn

Fiona Wynn "Cyzaki" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii)
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii)
Offered by sellatronic

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 9 Aug. 2010
I love this game. All the fun of Harry Potter, plus the fun of lego, plus copious amounts of added comedy, makes this game great fun to play for hours on end. I enjoy that a friend can join in at any stage, but that it's equally playable alone.

The only reason I gave this four stars rather than five is because there have been odd occasions during the game when I've had no clue what to do. Sometimes it leads you through puzzles, and sometimes it leaves you to work them out for yourself, but sometimes working them out for yourself is tricky when you aren't given any clues at all as to what to do, or when things don't seem to follow on logically.

It's definitely worth buying though. Hours of fun for all ages.

Micropix - Wii Fit Protective Cover (Wii) - colours may vary
Micropix - Wii Fit Protective Cover (Wii) - colours may vary

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 9 Aug. 2010
This does exactly what it says. It fits over the wii balance board and protects it from dirt and scratches and the like.

It doesn't fit quite as snugly as I'd like, and sometimes my feet stick to it and move it around the board a bit, but I think it's good at keeping my balance board protected.

Davina - The Box Set : The Power Of 3 / My Three 30 Minute Workouts [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by Special Interests

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Workout DVD, 6 July 2007
I've never done a workout DVD before, but my sister brought this one home from uni and said we should all do it, so my, my sister, and my mum have all been doing this in our living room three times a week. It's really good fun, although hard work, but it's nice to see Davina is finding it hard too and her and the personal trainers are really encouraging.

There are three 30-minute workouts, plus one hour-long one, so there's plenty of chance to change which workout you do each day so you don't get bored. All the major muscle groups are exercised, and there's lots of fat-burning too, so there's something for everyone. And for almost every exercise they show you an easier option for if you're getting tired or just can't manage the full version yet.

All in all I love this DVD!

Your Royal Hostage (Jemima Shore Mystery)
Your Royal Hostage (Jemima Shore Mystery)
by Antonia Fraser

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well written, 27 Aug. 2006
The story is a really good one, unfortunately the book isn't very well written. I had to read a couple of passages more than once to work out what the author meant, and there are lots of contradictory sentences. Some of the bits in brackets were more a hinderance than a help too, they broke up the flow and a lot of the time told you things you already knew. However, the book is worth a read as the basic story is exciting.

The Fat Ladies Club: Facing the First Five Years
The Fat Ladies Club: Facing the First Five Years
by Hilary Gardener

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 31 May 2006
I'm not a mother, and I'm not going to be one for a good few years yet, but I loved this book. Reading the trials, tribulations and triumphs of four mothers with children under five was an eye-opening experience. It made me laugh and cry, and I admire all four women for being so honest about their lives.

I'd recommend it to any women, whether you are a mother or not.

The Door Within (Door Within Trilogy)
The Door Within (Door Within Trilogy)
by Wayne Thomas Batson

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Christian for my liking, 21 May 2006
It's a good story - young lad gets pulled into another world and ends up as a knight in a war - but the Christian references get in the way of the story for me. It could have been a much better book if the author hadn't tried to shoehorn elements of the Christian story into the book.

Also, there were far too many exclamation marks at the ends of sentences for my liking - it's OK in speech but surely not in description? And why were so many words italicised? Words like portcullis which really don't need italics...

Overall, I'd read it again, and I'd like to read the others in the trilogy, but it's not one of the better fantasy books out there.

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Peter Sallis

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite 'horror' film!, 17 Mar. 2006
Definitely the best Wallace and Gromit film so far, with a funny twist in the middle.
If normal horror films are too scary for you (as they are for me) then this is definitely the film for you - a wererabbit is eating all the veg for the vegetable competition, and it's up to Wallace and Gromit to stop it!

The Dante Club: Historical Mystery
The Dante Club: Historical Mystery
by Matthew Pearl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but confusing, 15 Mar. 2004
I think you need to read this book a minimum of two times to understand it properly, as there are a lot of characters introduced in a short space of time, and it's hard to get your head round who they all are.
It is, however, a good read, although the squeemish should steer clear as it contains graphic discriptions of murders. I think it would help to know something of American history (which I don't) as the novel is set in 19th Century Boston.
All in all, this is something completely different, and should especially appeal to those with an interest in Dante.

Are You Dave Gorman?
Are You Dave Gorman?
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 27 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Are You Dave Gorman? (Paperback)
I have never met a Dave Gorman, but then I think the Dave Gorman who co-authored this book (with his long-suffering flatmate) has met enough of them to even it out. While I was reading I had to keep reminding myself it was all true, as the antics the pair get up to (buying tickets to New York on the spur of the moment so they can meet yet another Dave Gorman, and then realising Dave is his middle name and they are in New York for no reason at all really...) don't seem like the sort of thing flatmates usually do.
I haven't seen the stage show or the TV programme, but it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the book at all. I like the fact that all the polaroids taken of the various Dave Gormans (or Dave Gormen...) are included in the book.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Collectors' Edition 2002 Calendar (Gollancz S.F.)
Terry Pratchett's Discworld Collectors' Edition 2002 Calendar (Gollancz S.F.)
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 18 Sept. 2003
I know it's out of date now, but buy it for the pictures! I have them all up around my room and they are all brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4