Profile for Ibraar 'Le Saracen' > Reviews

Content by Ibraar 'Le Sar...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 126
Helpful Votes: 1932

Ibraar 'Le Saracen' "le_saracen" (London, England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tech air 11.6 inch Lightweight Slimline Super Sleeve for Netbooks with Carry Strap
Offered by AVIDES
Price: 14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Macbook Air 11 inch - beautifully made, 1 Dec 2013
I have a small lovely 11" Macbook Air and was looking for a small padded laptop bag with handles and shoulder strap for the odd occasion I travel with it (in my car).
I didn't want to spend too much and took a punt on this after reading the reviews.

All I can say is that if this cost 3 times the amount it'd be worth it. Brilliant - padded, quality fit and finish, with pockets, strap and handles - brilliant!
11" Macbook Air and Apple wireless mouse fit, Adaptor and leads fit perfectly snug and well protected! And this looks high quality in fit finish and style!

I'm so happy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 4:22 PM GMT

Duracell CR123 CR17345 EL123AP DL123A Lithium Photo Battery
Duracell CR123 CR17345 EL123AP DL123A Lithium Photo Battery
Offered by Sivitec_Direct
Price: 2.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Camera, 1 Dec 2013
It's always nice to have batteries available for older compact cameras which require these.
And this is a quality and lasts.
Recommended if you need this

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does protect phone, but over rated, over priced and fingers leave grease marks., 1 Dec 2013
Well, after reading the reviews I thought this was going to be superb.
It looks great in photos.
In person I was underwhelmed - It's ok.

I have the belkin black with clear back - and that is BETTER built than this one.

This looks ok, has a slightly softer feel back - on which greasy hands leave shiny marks easily showing up on the black matt surface.

The sides are of a metallic sheen - and cheap feeling, on mine the left side under the volume buttons (when viewed straight on) is lifted up and seems to be lifting off the silicon/plastic part it has been stuck on - I presume this is a removable bezel - but it doesn't add anything except a feeling of cheapness.

Does it protect the phone? Yes it does, the buttons and top and bottom are protected as is the back and the rim protrudes so placing the iPhone face down means the screen doesn't touch the table/surface and it fits snugly

My gripe is that it looks cheaper in person than in pictures, isn't well made as expected, and fingers leave marks on the back - along with scuff marks which easily show up.
And the mute vibrate switch is too deeply recessed so if you have thick fingers you'll be struggling to dig in and flick it.

It isn't a bad item at all and does protect the phone - but Over rated and over priced.

I'd look elsewhere for this money

Farah Vintage - Tobacco The Albany Chinos - Mens - Size: W36-L32
Farah Vintage - Tobacco The Albany Chinos - Mens - Size: W36-L32

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fit and style, 1 Dec 2013
I like Chino's, and since I have cut down wearing Jeans Chino's are what I really like - they're comfortable, practical, smart and look sophisticated - and different than the usual casual Jeanswear.

Now these Farah are brilliant - perfect cut, perfecto!
Good material, well made, style is timeless and colours are great - I have grey/blue and the Tobacco and burgundy/brown.
I'd avoid the loud colours as they look a bit Metrosexual or 'Hurray henry" type - but whatever floats your boat.

My only criticism is that the front pockets are too shallow which can mean spilt change and keys.

They're designed to be worn turned up - so can be turned up once or twice depending on the length.
So if you're short and usually tend to wear say a 29 or 30" inside Leg - go for a 32" or a 34" here.
A 32" will mean turned up with one fold and 34" with two. personally I think the style suits a two fold turn up so a 30" inside legged should go for the 34" but 32" looks good anyway so get what's available and what's cheaper.

Waist wise they're normal - I'm 34 to 36 waist depending, and a 34 with these is on the tight side so I prefer the 36, fit is comfort with elegant pleats which aren't puffy or baloney - almost a flat front - they taper ever so slightly so look good on shoes such as brogues or wingtips and Boots too.

Farah Vintage Grey Blue Albany Chinos - Size: W36-L32
Farah Vintage Grey Blue Albany Chinos - Size: W36-L32

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fit and style, 1 Dec 2013

Now these Farah are brilliant - perfect cut, perfecto!

Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Price: 8.97

3.0 out of 5 stars For gentle stains and general surface wipes., 1 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, this is a hefty bottle and is functional just like any other point n shoot bottle featuring same twist lock nozzle.

In use, this is good for gently cleaning surfaces - of all types of household surface.
Wood, ceramic, glass and stone and doesn't leave too many smears on stainless surfaces.

Smells ok, not strong.

If you're looking to clean food stains and more heavy duty surface smears - forget this as it lacks the penetration that Mr Muscle Lime and Vinegar one has - that also smells nicer.

Does this kill 99% or so of Germs? No idea - I can't see any germs so it's difficult to prove this.

Ao all in all, for gentle surface wipes and mild stains, but for tougher grease and grime and food stains - forget it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Nov 2013
I have been using the older MX400 for the last 7 years and it is utterly brilliant, accurate, indestructible.
It is ergonomic, comfortable, and very accurate - and looks almost exactly like this new M500, and reviews and specs state as much - this is the new version of the MX400.

Build quality is The Best I have ever come across in a Mouse. It has lasted me SEVEN years and is functionally as good as new.

What can I say?

If there is a new version of this I'm getting it as mine superficially is now tatty.

The mouse is perfectly designed, to hold and move, comfortably clicking and moving with all the buttons one needs. The build quality is brilliant, there has not been a single problem with scrolling nor moving the pointer.
The laser technology is accurate, reliable and works wonderfully even on suspect surfaces like glass.

The best Mouse I have ever used, and I cannot see myself using anything else - though a similar (wired) mouse with the shape, ergonomics, reliability and accuracy combined with the gesture that the new Apple mice have would be welcome.

Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Epilator, 9 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my Missus to use and She loves it.
She has the older version and this succeeds it and trumps it.

She says:

Best epilator used
quick and mostly painless
does what it says and removes very small hairs
was using a Phillips Ice satinelle prior to this and have now thrown it away.
generous length on the cord.
small and compact so good to carry if travelling.
results were long lasting than previous epilator so having to epilate far less frequently.

So 5 stars as it is brilliant.

The Rage Against God: Why Faith is the Foundation of Civilisation
The Rage Against God: Why Faith is the Foundation of Civilisation
Price: 9.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written and argued, but too short and too much USSR, 8 Nov 2013
This book is very well written, and Peter Hitchens is an excellent writer, knowledgeable, honest and has a very readable, free flowing, informative and direct style.
Peter Hitchens makes his point, and makes it well and manages to convince.
His arguments are well laid out, coherent and make perfect sense.
My only issue was with his dwelling too much on Communist USSR rather than summarising it and then sticking to Britain and The West (his point about State Atheism was made very early and he needlessly continued - I suspect he wanted to make us know how much he despised the USSR), and I feel the book should have been longer, with more depth and his conclusions more fleshed out, explained and more in-depth.

The book was over all too quick with me wanting to know more, more about the Rage Against God in society, more of Peter Hitchens thoughts, his feelings and hopes, along with more of his fears and solutions.

Well worth the read though.

Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse
Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 7 Nov 2013
I have been using mine for the last 7 years and it is utterly brilliant, accurate, indestructible.
It is ergonomic, comfortable, and very accurate.

What can I say?