Profile for Coco_Mum > Reviews

Coco_Mum

The Spinning Heart
The Spinning Heart

4.0 out of 5 stars I was gripped from the first paragraph, 3 Mar 2014
This book sucks you in from the first page. It tells a story from the point of view of several characters in a small village in post-celtic tiger Ireland, i loved the style of writing and the ease with which the plot moves despite being narrated by so many characters.

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard

2.0 out of 5 stars Was interested enough to see what happened - but didn't like the main characters, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
How the two main characters come together and their subsequent affair is not really believable. The main character is vain, self-absorbed and unlikeable - she narrates the story and constantly refers to the other main character as 'my love', which i found extremely irritating.

Fancy Nancy Collector's Quintet (I Can Read! Fancy Nancy - Level 1 Boxed Set)
Fancy Nancy Collector's Quintet (I Can Read! Fancy Nancy - Level 1 Boxed Set)
by Jane O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge hit with my 5 year old!, 22 April 2013
My daughter is delighted with this set of books. Nancy is a great little character - young girls will really enjoy her adventures.
The reading level is challenging for my 5 year old, but not so challenging that she loses interest. She looks forward to reading a few pages each night with me and loves learning the 'fancy' words :-)
The fact that it comes in a handbag-style box set made it all the better for my girly-girl.

Meet Me at the Cupcake Café
Meet Me at the Cupcake Café

4.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood read, 22 April 2013
I enjoyed this book, it's an easy chick-lit-type read. It's quite charming, the characters are likeable and it even comes with complete with recipes :-).

My Prettiest Colouring Book (Hello Kitty)
My Prettiest Colouring Book (Hello Kitty)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely colouring book, 28 Jun 2012
My daughter loved this. Each double page contains plenty of detail for colouring - a must for any little Helly Kitty fan!

Colour with Hairy Maclary (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Colour with Hairy Maclary (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
by Lynley Dodd

4.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with both my 2 and 4 year old, 28 Jun 2012
I bought this for my 2 year old, he's a big Hairy Maclary fan, he absolutely loved it, as did my 4 year old!
All the characters are in there - plus a little rhyme on each page

New CARS Tractor Tippin' Track Set with LIGHTNING McQUEEN & FRANK
New CARS Tractor Tippin' Track Set with LIGHTNING McQUEEN & FRANK

2.0 out of 5 stars A hit with my nephew - but not great value, 3 Jan 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my godson as he loves Frank, and he was delighted with it - he loves Cars and has most of the characters but never had Frank before.
While he is delighted with it, it doesn't seem like a very sturdy toy and was certainly very bad value for money at this price.

Easy Meals
Easy Meals
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin!, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Easy Meals (Hardcover)
I'm a busy working mum of 2 and this book is perfect. The book is full of recipes that can be prepared in no time - the Fast and Fabulous section is perfect for weekday evenings.
I love the way the book is divided - Store Cupboard, Fast and Fabulous, One pot wonders.
I've made plenty out of it already - the Thai fragrant mussels and oven-baked mushrooms risotto were probably the favourites so far

Trade Mark Collections Disney Minnie Flower Power Wheeled Bag
Trade Mark Collections Disney Minnie Flower Power Wheeled Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little suitcase for toddlers, 9 Jun 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this case for my 3 and half year old daughter for a recent family holiday. She is absoultely thrilled with it :-).
It held all her clothes for the week (just about, but we fit them in there!) and she was able to wheel it herself which was great for me with a small baby in one hand and luggage, passports etc in the other! It's small enough for carry-on luggage but we checked it and it was fine. It will get lots more use on weekend trips to grandparents and the like.
The only negative i have is that it mightn't be the most durable, although it was durable enough to check on for a flight which trunki's aren't. And i think it will last no problems until she grows out of it.