Profile for Mr. J. A. Wadkin > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. A. Wadkin

Mr. J. A. Wadkin "lalitavajra" (cambridge u.k.)

As Long As There`s Music
As Long As There`s Music

5.0 out of 5 stars when is this going to be reissued?, 22 Sep 2009
I bought this originally on vinyl,absolute gem....just waiting for a reissue or sensible second hand price,melodic jazz not dimsky domsky,er I'm not a muso ,a beautiful album which you can catch occasional tracks on BBC 3 'sjazz record requests...then you'll waant to listen to more........

Frozen Tracks
Frozen Tracks
by Laurie Thompson
Price: 6.92

4.0 out of 5 stars only halfway through........now finished, 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: Frozen Tracks (Paperback)
Ok I've read the Wallander series,Henning Mankell ( and on BBC3 or 4 you can watch the Swedish series...fantastic knocks spots off Kenneth Brannagh),which I highly recommend,and now I've discovered this guy.Excellent to my mind.There is a very dry sense of humour which can have you chuckling away....and the darkness which leaves your imagination with oodles of space and as the story unravels the dark figure slowly acquires definition.....so far engaging and intriguing,first rate discovery Ake Edwardson and his translator......and half a book to go....if it goes badly I'll drop the number of stars but somehow I don't think I will.

Top quality,class writing.....now finished.A good discovery and Ill start on the rest of his novels.

Not Always So: Practicing the True Spirit of Zen
Not Always So: Practicing the True Spirit of Zen
by Edward Espe Brown
Price: 8.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Water, 26 Sep 2003
Another gem,if you're dashing from that burning house or marroned on the desert island grab this volume.For me it just feels a little over edited,or tidied up.

Pukaar
Pukaar
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 26 Sep 2003
This review is from: Pukaar (Audio CD)
Three tracks that build and build.At first hearing I thought it's ok,by the fourth,driving through central London,I was on the edge of tears,the world lost someone truly great in 1997.The second track,well......words do not do justice.