Profile for Mr. Michael Slater > Reviews

Content by Mr. Michael Slater

Mr. Michael Slater (England)

The Spanking Room: A Child's Eye View of the Jehovah's Witnesses
The Spanking Room: A Child's Eye View of the Jehovah's Witnesses
by William Coburn

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Garbage!, 14 July 2009
I am a JW of 35 yrs standing. I have NEVER heard the term 'spanking room' although I have been a member or visited around 30 congregations. The truth is that JW's take their children to meetings as part of their reigious upbringing and occasionally have to discipline their children outside of the main hall, and yes the 'mother's room' could be used. But the discipline is invariably administered in love and with reasonableness, usually by a 'telling off'. Years ago before the law was changed I OCCASIONALLY would slap my child's leg as part of the discipline when all else had failed. The title of the book is a gross and grotesque distortion of the truth. Reading this book will serve no useful purpose! Instead I suggest visiting a kingdom hall for yourself if you want the truth. Unfortunately I was unable to award 0 stars!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 11:38 PM GMT

The Settlers Heritage - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
The Settlers Heritage - Gold Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 18 Dec. 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I played this game on Vista and enjoyed it to a certain extent, but it was far too unreliable and shut down too frequently.

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English
by Caroline Taggart

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Dec. 2008
The title sold me! I get so annoyed at so called intelligent people always using 'you and I' and never 'you and me'. This book set this matter straight as well as correcting many other blatant grammatical errors that people make. The book dealt with the subject with humour and I loved it.

Golden Yellow Star Stress Balls
Golden Yellow Star Stress Balls

2.0 out of 5 stars Too soft, 12 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Golden Yellow Star Stress Balls
This was a total waste of money for me as it is far too soft! I bought it to serve as a stress ball and to exercise my fingers - no good for the latter.