Profile for Vivian Bees > Reviews

Content by Vivian Bees

Vivian Bees

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Night Stalker: A chilling serial killer thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second book. Make sure you read the first one first., 16 Jun. 2016
This is the second book with Erika Foster and I snatched it up having just finished the first one having thoroughly enjoyed that, too.
I have since looked at other books by Robert Brynza but they were of a different genre and I love crime and police procedures.
The balance between the interaction of interesting, believable characters is not overplayed and the plot is not so far fetched as to
disappoint the reader. Excellent! Keep them coming.

Luck and Judgement: A DC Smith Investigation
Luck and Judgement: A DC Smith Investigation

5.0 out of 5 stars A super series with characters to whom the reader can relate., 1 April 2016
I buy inexpensive books by an author I have never previously read thinking that I can abandon them if they are rubbish. I am now eagerly awaiting the next book about D S Smith, something of an enigma, having read all to date.

The Dark Fear (The DCI Dani Bevan Detective Series Book 5)
The Dark Fear (The DCI Dani Bevan Detective Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 April 2016
Having read the first of Katherine Pathak's books on the off chance that it might be to my liking, I have bought every one as soon as they were released and have not been disappointed once. I am eagerly awaiting the next in this series.

DEAD WRONG a gripping detective thriller full of suspense
DEAD WRONG a gripping detective thriller full of suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 14 Jan. 2016
This is one of the authors I have started to look for specifically irrespective of reviews.

Death Du Jour: (Temperance Brennan 2)
Death Du Jour: (Temperance Brennan 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating., 14 Jan. 2016
Tedious script where the author labours her personal knowledge at the expense of the plot. I skipped large chunks.

The Wrong Man (Dave Slater Mystery Novels Book 4)
The Wrong Man (Dave Slater Mystery Novels Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking story., 14 Jan. 2016
It is important to read the DS Slater novels in the order in which they were written. Much entertaining interaction refers to information from past cases that would spoil previous books if read later. I do hope DS Norman does not get too fat to function! I love the rapport.

The Cold Cold Ground (Detective Sean Duffy Book 1)
The Cold Cold Ground (Detective Sean Duffy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurately Distressing., 21 Nov. 2015
This captured so well the total disintegration of a society in civil conflict. It made me groan. Had I had the misfortune to live there I would have emigrated. No cooperation with police by one side as they were presumed to be Protestant. No cooperation with Roman Catholic police because they were presumed to be traitors to the cause. Self serving underhand cooperation between supposedly opposing sides in the conflict.

Lost Girls: A fast paced, gripping thriller novel (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping., 21 Nov. 2015
Kim Stone continued to entertain with her brittle social skills and the nature of the enquiry, venue and with press blackout was refreshingly different. A criticism would be the obscure motives of the kidnappers and the fact that they conspired together.
The parental friction was excellent.
Well written, with almost 100% proof reading. I look forward to the next book.

Death on a Longship (Cass Lynch Mysteries Series Book 1)
Death on a Longship (Cass Lynch Mysteries Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading., 11 July 2015
Cass is an interesting character as her background and choice of career are unusual. I enjoyed the book but found the sailing detail a little too deep for the uninitiated. I looked up the Windhouse on the Internet to see if it was a figment of the author's imagination. Not only does it exist, it is on the market for £25,000! A snip if you like godforsaken locations.

The Secret Life and Curious Death of Miss Jean Milne
The Secret Life and Curious Death of Miss Jean Milne

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure., 11 July 2015
Beautifully written, great characterisation, wry sense of humour and at one point I began to wonder if no conclusion would be drawn . This proved not to be the case as I do like mysteries solved instead of being left open ended. Excellent. I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3