Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "diversteve" (Manchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2
I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Pratchett at his best, 22 Sep 2010
Whilst this is touted as a book for older children I can heartily recommend it for adults too! OK a few dark parts to it (one sub-plot tells of marital and parental abuse but sensitively, and not graphically, handled), but that its part of the brilliance of his writing. A bonus too that it could be read as a standalone novel without having been immersed into the lore and culture of the Disc.

Tiffany Aching is fast becoming one of my favourite discworld characters and I do hope Sir Terry continues to develop her for some time to come.

Jacques Cousteau Odyssey, The - Complete Series [DVD] [2006]
Jacques Cousteau Odyssey, The - Complete Series [DVD] [2006]

5.0 out of 5 stars The reason why.., 1 Jun 2008
This collection of films immediately took me back to my childhood - once again I was sitting on the lounge floor gazing at the TV and these amazing films. The difference being, 30 years later and a SCUBA diving instructor, now I was in awe of what Cousteau and the team did and managed to survive!

These documenteries are the reason why so many people have taken up SCUBA (including me) and I hope they will continue to open the eyes of any who wonders what is going on below the waves.

OK by todays standards the filming may be a little hazey and technically highly dangerous BUT they show the spirit of adventure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2011 10:33 PM BST

Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront
Offered by GeeksWholesaler
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars its not CoD...., 26 Oct 2004
Nope deffinately not Call of Duty!
But if you want some mindless violence, much runnng about and trying out the many and various vehicles - then this is a great way to waste time. I have found the scenarios rather simplistic but still good fun and playing on-line is better (assuming you have plenty of bandwidth).
On the plus side you get to shoot at JarJar Binks :)
This is a great game if you always thought that the stormtroopers had the better uniforms.

Page: 1 | 2