Profile for Mike313 > Reviews

Flyye Duty Accessories Bag Black
Flyye Duty Accessories Bag Black
Offered by Military 1st

5.0 out of 5 stars which looked terrible and wasn't comfortable, 11 Sep 2014
I tend to carry a lot of bits and pieces almost everywhere I go - phone, pocket camera, keys, Swiss army knife, tissues, A5 notebook, pens, reading glasses and (sometimes) sunglasses - not to mention a wallet and a handful of coins. Until now these have gone into my jacket and trousers pockets, which looked terrible and wasn't comfortable. I have been looking for a bag/organiser for a long time and having bought several, none was really what I wanted. I was thinking about having a bag made - a very expensive option - and had even made out sketches of what I wanted. Then I discovered this bag and was excited to see it was very similar to what I had sketched out. So I bought it. For me, it is as near to perfect as a ready-made bag could be. Very well made, tough as boots and very practical pocket arrangement both internally and externally. It has a good wide shoulder strap and a thinner hand-carry strap, and a similar strap down each side allows you to attach items that have pouches if you can Velcro-wrap them to the straps. I love it and now use it everywhere I go. Highly recommended.

Gelert Gas Canister Stand
Gelert Gas Canister Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars The integral pegs are a nice idea but are a bit fiddly and they tend ..., 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gelert Gas Canister Stand (Sports)
I've bought one of these and used it a few times with my Coleman F1/C250 bottle combination. It is a define improvement in terms of the added stability. It takes a little bit of practice to ensure it is on properly and 'orientated' properly so that each 'leg' is at 120degrees.
The integral pegs are a nice idea but are a bit fiddly and they tend to fall out easily. Last time I used it I discovered I had lost one, so I threw the other two away and will use metal tent pegs next time.

Vango Talas 200 Two-Person Two-Poled Tunnel Tent
Vango Talas 200 Two-Person Two-Poled Tunnel Tent

2.0 out of 5 stars The supplier was great and took it back, 13 July 2014
This is definitely NOT a 2-person tent but as I intended to use it just for myself, that wasn't an issue. The big problem was - one of the poles snapped when I erected the tent for the first time. The supplier was great and took it back. I ordered the 3-person version, which I haven't used yet. The reason I went for the 3-person was I felt that the 2-person was still a bit small for me to sit up in. The 3-person is a little bit heavier but at least (hopefully) I will have a bit more comfort with it.

Silverline 716968 Rivets Pack 650-Piece
Silverline 716968 Rivets Pack 650-Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Good range of different sized, 13 July 2014
Good range of different sized. Used these on a few jobs with my Blue Spot Hand Rivetter and they worked well.

Blue Spot 09101 Hand Rivet Gun with 60 Rivets
Blue Spot 09101 Hand Rivet Gun with 60 Rivets

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought together with the Silverline Rivets Pack. I've used ..., 13 July 2014
Bought together with the Silverline Rivets Pack. I've used it on a few jobs and it's worked really well. You do need to have medium to large sized hands and a strong grip as it takes a bit of strength to work it.

Vango Trek Mat Std -
Vango Trek Mat Std -
Offered by Complete Outdoors

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it'll work better outdoors., 13 July 2014
Bought this recently and I've only used it at home on top of carpet so almost ideal conditions I would have thought? Having read other reviews, I left it with the valve open for a day, then rolled it up (no trouble getting it back in the stuff sack) and the left it open all the next day was well. On the third night, I blew some air into it to ensure it was well inflated and slept on it in my new Vango sleeping bag. Woke up with a very sore back. Maybe I need something thicker...
However, I'm update this review as I will be taking this item with me when I go camping. Maybe it'll work better outdoors...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this recently and have only used it at home ..., 13 July 2014
Bought this recently and have only used it at home. It's a very clever design, and has two light settings. A single button controls the lamp - on/low, high and off. In the open position the low setting gives enough light to enable you to move about safely. The high setting is bright enough to read by. When it's closed and switched on, it acts as a torch - again with a low and high setting. The one issue I've had to date is that it tend to spring open and I'm hoping that, with use, the 'accordian' section will become more pliable and it will stay shut when closed. Will update this review later if necessary.

niceeshop(TM) Unique Eiffel Tower Synthetic Leather Pen Pencil Bags/Case/Pouch/Pockets,Random Color
Offered by Cosy-Zone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 27 May 2014
I bought these to help me organise bits and bobs and they are fine up to a point. They are quite flat and so have a restricted capacity. But, nevertheless, well made and good for the money .....

2 Pack Emergency Blanket Set, Ideal For Walkers, Climbers, Runners, Skiers
2 Pack Emergency Blanket Set, Ideal For Walkers, Climbers, Runners, Skiers
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but ...., 27 May 2014
I bought 2 of these blankets to put in my emergency/first aid kit to take with me when I am out hill-walking. To see what they were like, I took one out of it's plastic pouch (like a little freezer bag). Size-wise it is 180cm x 127cm so just big enough to wrap the long side around the top half of your body. It isn't big enough to wrap your entire body. In a windy situation, it will probably flap around a bit thereby losing a lot of its efficiency, so it might be necessary to try to tape it around the person, or put it around them under their outer coat. When I tried it (indoors) I could definitely feel the reflected heat so it works. In hindsight a survival bag might be a better idea. The other thing I found is that it is very difficult to fold up to the original size and it took a real squeeze to get it back into the plastic pouch. I think that would be virtually impossible outdoors.

Yellowstone Blue Enamel Camping Plate
Yellowstone Blue Enamel Camping Plate
Offered by Get Out Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!, 27 May 2014
I bought this to take with me when I go out for a day's walking or camping. I like the 'nostalgia' of these enamel plates - I used to have on when I was a kid - so for me they are a bit special. I bought the matching mug also (directly from Millets, not this seller) and use both even at home sometimes. Lightweight and virtually indestructible. Very please with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4