Profile for William Adams > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Alice Cooper - Trashes The World
Alice Cooper - Trashes The World
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a copy of it on VHS and it is a great wtach. It has alot of the Trash Album ..., 7 Jan. 2015
I was at that very concert in Birmingham in 1989. I was 12-13 years old and it blew my mind. I have a copy of it on VHS and it is a great wtach.
It has alot of the Trash Album and old classics plus songs like Steven which is a classic Cooper track that he rarely did live.
Saw him twice after that and this tour was him at his best.

Late Night Tales: Bonobo with download code [VINYL]
Late Night Tales: Bonobo with download code [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and would have to say that this is my favourite. Like the pace of the album, 21 Dec. 2014
I've heard many of the Late Night Tales albums and would have to say that this is my favourite. Like the pace of the album. Always a pleasure to listen to.

Spaces
Spaces

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought this album after hearing Says on Mary Ann Hobbs ..., 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Spaces (Audio CD)
Brought this album after hearing Says on Mary Ann Hobbs 6music show.
It's been over a year since buying the album and it remains a regular on my stereo.

Everybody Down
Everybody Down

5.0 out of 5 stars What an albun, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Everybody Down (Audio CD)
Best thing I've heard so far this year. Don't buy much music these days, but made the effort to with this and bought a vinyl copy.
Not disappointed. I found out about this young lady by looking on the Ninja Tune website. Been a devoted fan of all thing Ninja and Big Dada for a long time now. I started checking out her stuff on YouTube and noticed that she was rated by Scroobius Pip, which was another selling point.
The album works really well and she has a wonderful way with the use of language. The music is pretty good as well.
Don't know uf she will stand the test of time. But for the now I can't think of anyone who is more relevant than her. Definitely a Mercury Award candidate.

The People's Songs: The Story of Modern Britain in 50 Records
The People's Songs: The Story of Modern Britain in 50 Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 25 April 2014
I'm a regular listener to Stuart Maconie' s shows on 6music but never read any of his books.
This book was really engrossing about the songs he has chosen to represent the years and the events surrounding them.
After reading this I would consider reading more of his books.

Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution
Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 2 April 2014
Really big Bill Hicks fan. Loved his comedy and one of the lucky people to have seen him live.
However didn't realise how much I didn't know about him.
Recommend it to any fan

Dredd
Dredd
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Dredd-ful, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dredd (DVD)
Really did not enjoy it. Loved the comics but hated this. It was painful watching it. Glad I only rented it.
Big disappointment.

Isle of Noises: Conversations with great British songwriters
Isle of Noises: Conversations with great British songwriters

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, 5 Jan. 2014
Firstly I will watch any documentary or read any book on music regardless of whether I like the artist or genre. So when I heard about this book from the author being interviewed on 6music I was very intrigued and not put off by previous comments.
Have to agree there is a lack of female writers (PJ Harvey for example).
There is also a lack of any genre other than white rock. There are some very inspiring writers but there is a lack of hip hop or reggae. Roots Manuva is a fabulous writer and although not in limelight a credible artist.
But I did enjoy the chapters with Lily Allen, John Lydon and Noel Gallagher (even though I'm not a fan of him or Oasis) and think this due to them not being pretentious about their art.

Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division
Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been called Hindsight, 30 May 2013
Did enjoy it. Read a lot on Joy Division and it is good to read the story from someone who was there.
Find Hooky a bit contradictory in places from previous interviews either in the film that was made a couple of years ago or other things I've seen or read.
Regardless of this it is a good read and very funny in places and good to hear about the other side of Ian Curtis who mucked about with his mates.
Hooky does appear to open up and does appear to have slot of guilt and regret on the death of his mate.

Bobby Womack: My Autobiography - Midnight Mover
Bobby Womack: My Autobiography - Midnight Mover

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 22 May 2013
Although a very short book, it is one of the better music autobiographies that I have read lately.
Really enjoyed some of the stories about Wilson Pickett and Sam Cooke earlier on in the book.
Would have been better if there was a undated version that brings in his current work in. But regardless of that it is a very good book

Page: 1 | 2