Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Emma T" (West Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Masterful Color: Vibrant Colored Pencil Paintings Layer by Layer
Masterful Color: Vibrant Colored Pencil Paintings Layer by Layer
by Arlene Steinberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Master colored pencil, 1 Dec 2009
This is one of the best tutorial books ever not only does Arlene give you great step by step instructions she also tells you why you do it this way. For novices there is a great section on color theory and also perspective. To complete all the projects you are even given the outlined drawings to trace instead of doing it all freehand. A great book for novices and intermediate users although I am sure some pro's would pick up some good tips too.

Swimsuit
Swimsuit
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have read this year so far, 6 Sep 2009
This review is from: Swimsuit (Hardcover)
I loved this book from start to finish. At times I even found it a little eerie to read at night. The only slight critism I have is the ending is a bit of an anti-climax it cuts off so suddenly. However it is very cleverly written and I would never want to meet "Henri".

Bloodline
Bloodline
by Sidney Sheldon

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloodline, 6 Sep 2009
This review is from: Bloodline (Paperback)
Icant believe this is my first Sidney Sheldon, I have been missing out for so long. Brilliant author! really kept me gripped all the way through and loved all the twists and turns and how you really get to know each and every character. Cant wait to read If tomorrow comes and master of the game.

Unsticky
Unsticky
by Sarra Manning

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsticky, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Unsticky (Paperback)
After reading all the rave reviews I was really looking forward to this book, however I gave up after about 60 pages which is highly unusual for me as i nearly always persevere to the end. I did not ike the style of writing, I found it a little immature at times, and could not seem to grip what on earth was going on. I found myself re-reading whole pages a few times to try and make sense of it and in the end just moved on to something else. Other people have loved this book I personally just didnt like it, sorry.

Flawless
Flawless
by Tilly Bagshawe

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Flawless (Paperback)
I find it quite hard to leave a bad review and really try to pick up on all the good qualities in a book, I did not find many with this one. I found it a bit of a drag to be honest. Very long winded at the start and only really started to pick up at towards the end. A good plot mind, but I think alot of content could have been cut out of it to make it a more interesting and easier read. I have not given up on the author I have a few of her other books to try yet but if I had to sum this book up I would simply say average.

Members Only
Members Only
by Leonie Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Members only, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Members Only (Paperback)
Just when you thought Leonie Fox had covered all debauchery there was to cover, she has found even more jaw dropping scenarios to stun us with. I loved reading what the old group of friends were now up to and it is a brilliant sequal to Private members. However after the brilliant ending to the first book I was a little let down with this one but still left hoping there would be another sequal. My only problem with this book was i read it after just giving birth to my son and found myself getting very angry at Laura's character, luckily it all turned out ok, but it did make me contemplate abandoning reading the rest, so my only word of warning be careful if your feeling a little sensitive.

Private Members
Private Members
by Leonie Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Private members, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Private Members (Paperback)
Oh my God! What an eye opener I think every single dirty sexual practice you imagine possible, and then some, goes on in this book! If you lived in this vilage there really would never be a dull moment. It seems the only character who has any morals is Cindy and then even she is caught with her binocculers. I really started to enjoy the book about half way through and the explosive ending with Sam made it all worth it to see him get what he deserved. Straight after finishing this I started Members only.

A great read but NOT for the prudish!

Tease
Tease
by Immodesty Blaize

4.0 out of 5 stars Tease, 19 Aug 2009
This review is from: Tease (Hardcover)
Good characters, good storyline, a little hard to get into at first but the ending makes it worth it. Not the best I have ever read but worth a go!

Passion
Passion
by Louise Bagshawe

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion - Chick lit with a twist., 19 Aug 2009
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
Really pleased I purchased this book it is a really great easy read with a really good,although a little far fetched at times, plot. The characters are great, and it keeps you gripped till the end. As others have said though there are a lot of inconsistancies but dont let that put you off.

Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
by Jo Carnegie

5.0 out of 5 stars What a laugh!, 6 Aug 2009
This is a great book to read if you need cheering up it is so funny! I found myself laughing out loud all the way through. As somebody else has said you dont get to know the individual characters very well as there are so many of them, but it really is great and has so many possibilities for a sequal or spin off to get to know some of the intriguing characters better. I would definatley buy another book from this author.

Page: 1 | 2