ARRAY(0x9e6a1438)

"mrblackbat"

Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White
Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, appalling reliability...., 11 April 2006
I bought these to replace the black version that I'd had for a good year and a half, before accidentally breaking them.
Essentially, the sound quality of the white version is exactly the same, however, the reliability is not. The first pair I had lasted three months of reasonable usage, and with me taking good care of them, then inexplicably (no damage or anything could be seen) the left earphone stopped working. Amazon kindly sent a replacement pair, which then stopped working in the left ear in much the same way after a month of usage; literally I took the earphone out to speak to somebody, then popped it back in and no sound. If an earphone can't stand up to simply being removed and replaced then it's not worth buying.
My advice - buy the black version!

Keep On Your Mean Side
Keep On Your Mean Side
Price: 6.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, dark and cool, 18 Mar 2003
This review is from: Keep On Your Mean Side (Audio CD)
I've been waiting for this album since I first saw The Kills play at Leeds festival last year, and it's certainly been worth the wait. Forget the White Stripes, the only comparison between the two is, well, that there's two of them.
The Kills' music is much more focused on dark, trashy and sexy punk, similar to PJ Harvey's "To Bring You My Love" particularly the title track of that album. Consisting of a dirty swampy guitar sound, playing simple bluesy riffs coupled with uncontrollable feedback, and VV's sexy sassy voice, the music exudes sexuality and menace. When Hotel joins in on "Black Rooster" the angry menace really takes to the fore-front and pushes the band towards a certain cult status.
If you like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, THe Jesus and Mary Chain, or even Joy Division and Interpol, then you should love this.
Go ahead and buy it, you'll love it - it hasn't been off my CD player for a week!

Black Rooster
Black Rooster
Offered by psychculture UK
Price: 16.85

5.0 out of 5 stars So very very cool........White Stripes eat your heart out!, 19 Sep 2002
This review is from: Black Rooster (Audio CD)
Well I first heard of the Kills after watching them at Leeds and mistaking them for Interpol (they changed the times without saying) and then went and rushed to buy Interpol's album (which is equally good!). I was gutted when I discoverd that Interpol weren't an uber-cool white stripes, and immediately tried to discover the name of the band who I DID see....
Well now that's over and done with, The Kills are a 2 piece based in London but comprising of one American and one Brit. The music is very very cool, in a dark, punkie, urban way (think BRMC?) My fave track is Black Rooster, with it's dark bluesy vibe, but that's in no way to say that the other tracks are in any way substandard. VV's vocals exude trashy sexiness (akin to early Debbie Harry?) and Hotel's bluesy fuzzed up guitars just add to the darkness. His amazingly cool delivery on Black Rooster fail to astound and backing vocals on the third track complement VV's lead exceptionally.
Just buy it!