Profile for Flo Wilson > Reviews

We Are All Made of Glue
We Are All Made of Glue
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointing, 25 Aug 2012
I first encountered Marina Lewycka several years ago when a friend recommended her novel, "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian". I found "A Short History" hilarious but also very moving, and looked forward to a similar experience with "We Are All Made of Glue". Unfortunately I was a little disappointed. Lewycka's sense of humour is as sharp as ever, but the more serious subject matter of Palestine is hardly original. It was still a good read, but should have been better.

Octone Y-Jack 2 x 3.5mm stereo splitter - Headphone Splitter Jack
Octone Y-Jack 2 x 3.5mm stereo splitter - Headphone Splitter Jack
Offered by High-Grade Bargains
Price: 1.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, eventually, 29 Jan 2012
I needed a splitter jack in order to connect my old (but still very good) Cambridge Soundwords speakers to my new tower PC. After reading some negative reviews of other splitters that complained of easily-cracked casings and poor quality, I opted for this one because of its sturdy design and fast delivery time. The delivery was fast, but unfortunately the first splitter I received didn't work properly because neither speaker cable fitted snugly into the sockets. When I moved the splitter to plug it into the PC, one cable fell out and the other slipped backwards enough to make the connection intermittent.

I followed the instructions in the envelope which were to contact them with any problems before writing a negative review. I sent an email to the address provided explaining my problem, but got no reply. A few days later Amazon asked me for a review or offered to contact the supplier with any problems, so I submitted the same message as before. This time I was immediately told a replacement was being shipped, and when it arrived it was perfect--works a treat. What a pity it couldn't have been like that from the start! If I'd received this splitter the first time I would have given it 5 stars.

Walk Tall
Walk Tall
Price: 0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound for a classical fan, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Walk Tall (MP3 Download)
My Ipod is full of classical music so the only reason I bought this is because I have LAM. I was pleasantly surprised...not bad at all!

Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method
by Janet Treasure
Price: 15.63

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, something carers can do!, 26 Mar 2009
For 7 years I was told that my daughter would recover from severe anorexia only if she wanted to, but she was adamant that she didn't want recovery so all I could do was suffer through her many long stays in hospital and her agonising thinness. Until this book came along and showed that by changing my behaviour and the way I relate to her, I could at least create a better climate for recovery. Now at long last she is trying to gain weight.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2011 4:54 PM GMT