ARRAY(0xa712c660)

Profile for N. L. Gill > Reviews

Content by N. L. Gill

N. L. Gill (North Wales, Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Video Killed The Radio Star
Video Killed The Radio Star
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars True Classic, 2 April 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
My kids love this from Just Dance, and I love it from my childhood too. Brings back happy memories and puts a smile on my face.

CB540A HP Original Color LaserJet CB540A Black Print Cartridge with ColorSphere Toner
Price: 47.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Is Best, 2 April 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I use refills a lot but if I need a good run of printing for a special job, I always use original, it is better!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - very useful, 16 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Stacks of uses, and very good price. Can get faded with sunlight with time, so be warned!
Hope you like it

Charleys War (Vol. 9) - Death From Above
Charleys War (Vol. 9) - Death From Above
by Pat Mills
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 16 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
We have all 9 of the volumes (1 more to go), and have loved the stories and development of the character - artistry is excellent and really educates and entertains at the same time. I think this is the best of the 9 so far (which says a lot!), cannot wait for the next one, but will be sad too - as it is the last!

Best Of
Best Of
Price: 8.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello 1980's, 16 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Best Of (Audio CD)
What a blast from the past - I had forgotten how good Def Leppard are, and how good the music from the 1980's was. I have listened to this album a dozen times or more since buying, and my 3 year old daughter loves to dance to it!

Go on... you know you should. Treat yourself!

24hr Trench: A Day in the Life of a Frontline Tommy
24hr Trench: A Day in the Life of a Frontline Tommy
by Andrew Robertshaw
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, everyone needs to read it, 16 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I LOVED this book, I really did. What a great and simple idea, to demonstrate to people what our forefathers really went through (now almost 100 years ago) for our future.

My 9 year old son loves it too - the pictures are excellent, and do not look staged, I especially liked the pages on the uniform, from underwear to coats, and webbing! Really well explained, all the little known facts and reasons why they did some of the things they did.

I have read it a couple of times now, and great for reference! Well done to the authors.

Andrew James Professional Fully Automatic Ice Cream Maker With Built-in Compressor + 128 Page Ice Cream Maker Cook Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Kitchen Gadget, 15 July 2011
WE LOVE this Ice Cream Maker. I am a Diabetic, and so wanted to be able to make low sugar, and also non dairy ice cream, so bought this and Vice Cream (recipe book for Vegan Ice Creams). I have 4 young children, and we have fun making it, and cannot wait for the beeps to tell us its time to enjoy - and we have all enjoyed every recipe.

The recipes that come with the ice cream maker are great also, and I would recommend reading through it, as it gives you tips and reasonings for how to get a good batch of ice cream.

I tend to take the mixing paddle out the second it stops turning, as it can be hard to extract your ice cream when it is frozen into it.

Also, I have discovered that if you boil water, and pour it into a bowl, then stand the metal ice cream bowl in it for a minute or less, you can then pour the whole ice cream out in 1 block. I then put it into a plastic tupperware box and re shape it, for freezing and storage - but actually rarely have any left after we have all sampled it (several times).

Only danger of having such a machine, is that the temptation to eat a lot of ice cream is there all the time!

I don't feel so guilty though if it's non dairy - as a fraction of the fat!!

After the 50 minutes is up, the ice cream is rarely frozen all the way through, so you can either leave it in, to be continually frozen for up to 1 hour, or extract it, as described above, and then re freeze it until you need it. We have discovered that it gets very frozen (no soft scoop rubbish here), so when you are going to eat it, take it out 20 mins prior!

The machine looks great on our counter, and take pride of place! 10 out of 10!!

No Kiss for Mother
No Kiss for Mother
by Tomi Ungerer

5.0 out of 5 stars My Boys Loved it!, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: No Kiss for Mother (Paperback)
This is a quirky, wonderfully illustrated and one of a kind story book, that my boys loved. The tale of a naughty kitten, who does not want to be kissed my his mother.

If you can get hold of a copy, then do!

ePublish: Self-Publish Fast and Profitably for Kindle, iPhone, CreateSpace and Print on Demand
by Steve Weber
Price: 7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 24 Nov 2009
This is a fantastic book, that is packed full with information and easy to follow. You can get yourself published in hours.

The only downside to it, is that it is aimed at an American audience. That said and done, I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to get into the 21st Century and self publish using Electronic Book formats.

My Father Is a King
My Father Is a King
by Elaine Gill

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and Uplifting, 12 Jun 2008
This review is from: My Father Is a King (Hardcover)
This is a wonderfully illustrated book, colour coded into different subjects and filled with quotes and positive thoughts about every aspect of our daily life.
The main theme of the book is that we are all children of God, and therefore, our Father is a King (God). The author has chosen scriptural references and uplifitng quotes from famous people to inspire and encourage us with lifes journey. This book is perfect for children, and adults alike, and makes excellent light reading. A great book for people who may be feeling low and burdened, as well as for those of us who just need reminding of the purpose of life!
Great book, well worth reading!

Page: 1 | 2