Profile for C. Lochhead > Reviews

Content by C. Lochhead

C. Lochhead (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
IVSO® Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Dec 2012
Was looking for a cover for my Note and this one seemed to be the most popular, and I can see why.

The Note fits in really well to the holders at the side and it takes a bit of force to get it out. So no issue of it falling out accidentally. When it shuts it stays shut so the cover doesn't flap about.

It's a hard cover with a leather finish so looks good. Plus it has gaps for charging, the s pen and the camera.

Would definitely recommend if you're looking for a cover for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

Logitech Driving Force Wireless for PS3 (PS3)
Logitech Driving Force Wireless for PS3 (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great steering wheel, 8 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this steering wheel when I bought F1 2010, and it has been great fun. It was easy to set-up and works really well with the game.

It sit's on my lap and doesn't move about thanks to the extendible leg rests with rubber underneath them to grip to what you're wearing.

I really like the feedback you get when you drive over rumble strips in the game. It gives an extra level of realism.

Formula 1 2010 (PS3)
Formula 1 2010 (PS3)
Offered by Super-bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great F1 experience (now that it's patched), 8 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Formula 1 2010 (PS3) (Video Game)
Now that Codemasters have sorted out the biggest bugs in the game (pit-stops and tyre sim) this is a great game. The graphics, the sounds, the tracks and the different racing options such as time-trial, grand prix & career mode all add up to a top notch effort.

The number of driving aids means everyone can pick it up from the very start. And after you get the hang of it, you can take some off these off to increase the difficulty. You have breaking aids, racing line aids, flashbacks to effectively rewind time to before you crash-out, different levels for the cpu AI drivers etc. So it will be a while before you can say you've mastered the game totally.

I can see where Codemasters could improve the game i.e. safety car, podiums, parade lap etc. But I can't fault them with what they have in the game. If you are into F1, or are looking for a racing game and are thinking about buying this you won't be disappointed.

Redex RDX02 250ml Petrol Treatment Fuel System Cleaner
Redex RDX02 250ml Petrol Treatment Fuel System Cleaner
Offered by E2 TRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 8 Dec 2009
I'm no expert, but I feel there's a difference in the way my car performs after I use this product. It seems to start better and run a bit better. Maybe it's just phycological but I do believe this helps my car.

Before I put it in the tank this morning the car was making a stuttering start. After I filled up the tank and used the Redex it sprung to life.

It's not too expensive so I'm going to continue to use and hopefully I'll reap the benefits.

Kill Your Friends
Kill Your Friends
by John Niven

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nasty, very funny, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Kill Your Friends (Paperback)
I managed to get through this book in three days after reading in every free moment I had. It's written from the viewpoint of Steven Stelfox, an A&R guy who would sell, no kill his own grandmother to get what he wants.

Stelfox's adventures had me laughing out loud at points and in other parts of the book my eyes were wide in astonishment. I really didn't want the book to end, I would've happily read another 200 pages seeing life through Stelfox's eyes.

When is Kill Your Friends 2 being published and where's the DVD?! Have ordered "The Amateurs" by John Niven on the back of this brilliant book.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shuttles, 8 Dec 2009
Good shuttles to play bounces games. I bought a tube of 6 and after three months play I still have all 6. They are very durable and have a better flight making longer rally's possible.

Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for some new shuttles.

Hi-Tec Sports Mens Adult Squash Classic Court Trainer
Hi-Tec Sports Mens Adult Squash Classic Court Trainer
Price: £18.85 - £40.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers for badminton, 8 Dec 2009
These trainers might not win any style awards, but they do what is needed. I've been playing with them for a couple of months now and they're great.

They're more responsive than the running shoes I was previously using and the grips on them ensure I'm not slipping about on the court.

Playing in these and a pair of specialised running socks will keep your feet in good shape.

Srixon Soft Feel
Srixon Soft Feel
Offered by SuperJacksGolfShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balls, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Srixon Soft Feel (Sports)
I've been playing with these balls for two seasons now and I can confirm they do what is promised. If you're looking for a soft golf ball gives these a try. I did and my game improved because of it.

When summer comes round again I'll be stocking up the bag with these.

The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy genius, 1 Dec 2009
Brilliant series. Watched the whole of the 1st series in one sitting it was that good. The banter between the main characters is "brilliant" as they would say.

It reminded me of when I was at school and had me longing to be back! The one liners, the fascination of women and situations they find themselves in are all really really funny.

I've read that there's going to be a third series! Can't wait.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game on the PS3, 1 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
WOW! What a brilliant game. Once I'd started playing I didn't want to stop until I'd completed it. It's the 1st non-sports game which has had me coming back and wanting more.

The graphics are the best I've seen on the PS3, there were a number of times I stopped to look around and view the scenery. You'll see what I mean when you get to the village in the mountains.

The game play is also top notch. It's action all the way with some puzzles to solve thrown in as well. There's a good variety of weapon that you can use to kill your enemies. The only weakness in the game I would say is the hand-to-hand combat, but it doesn't detract from the game at all.

And almost as important as all that is how your other half reacts when you play it all the time :) Well mine encouraged me to play! She loved watching as I progressed and was shouting at the screen and trying to help at points.

All in all a top game and the one I have enjoyed playing the most on the PS3. Can't wait for Uncharted 3!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4