ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

Anyway The Wind Blows: The Anthology
Anyway The Wind Blows: The Anthology
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars J. J. Cale, 9 Feb 2014
I first heard J. J. Cale on 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' singing, as far as I can recall, 'Anyway the Wind Blows'. That was all it took. I was sold on him, his music, and the style he employs. I'm unsure of the category I would put it in, but I know that it makes great listening. I'd recommend this to anyone.

The Only Jazz Album You'll Ever Need!
The Only Jazz Album You'll Ever Need!
Price: 6.37

4.0 out of 5 stars The Only Jazz Album You'll Ever Need, 9 Feb 2014
I would dispute the title given to this collection. Jazz, in general, is far too big to be confined and fully represented in one small collection. But it's a good sampling and, as a compilation album, only, it does its job.

This Is the Life
This Is the Life
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.77

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Life, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: This Is the Life (Audio CD)
Until the advertisement for, I think, Fiat cars, I had never heard of Amy Macdonald. Sadly, I've not heard much of her since. She is clearly a very talented singer/songwriter as the other 10 tracks on this cd display very well indeed. I hope that that one track, 'This is the Life' will not prove to be her only hit. I think that she deserves better than that. Meanwhile, I look forward to new releases.

Letters to Juliet [DVD] [2010]
Letters to Juliet [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Amanda Seyfried
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Letters to Juliet, 9 Feb 2014
It was purchased for a friend but I watched it too. Ordinarily, it's not the kind of film/story that would be of any interest to me but, as is my usual practice, at the end of the film I went to the Special Features. There, under the heading 'A Courtyard in Verona', I was surprised to discover that, while the story is a complete fiction, the event(s) of letters being left to (Romeo's) Juliet and the location, are not. This particular feature gives the history behind the establishment of 'Juliet's house' and of the original curator/guide/caretaker who started the tradition of answering the letters left behind by the visitors.

Nina Simone Collection
Nina Simone Collection
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nina Simone, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nina Simone Collection (Audio CD)
Asked to review a Nina Simone collection is like being asked to fly to the moon. What can anyone say that has not already been said. She's brilliant! Generally, her music gets lodged with jazz and jazz singer is the title she's given, but the reality is that her music crossed many borders and was not just restricted to jazz. I've always been a Nina Simone fan and this is a great collection to play.

DON RALKE/SAVAGE AND SENSUOUS
DON RALKE/SAVAGE AND SENSUOUS
Offered by BJD MUSIC
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don Ralke, 2 Dec 2013
I first heard this collection more than 40 years ago and have never forgotten it. I like it because it features a lot of drum work and, though there are one or two tracks which are less than stirring, generally 'it does exactly what it says on the tin'! When I entered it into the search site I didn't really expect to get a positive hit. It must've been my lucky day.

Black Cherry Amber Sterling Silver Contemporary Pendant Chain 18"
Black Cherry Amber Sterling Silver Contemporary Pendant Chain 18"
Offered by Noda
Price: 80.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Cherry Amber Pendant, 2 Dec 2013
I am quite impressed with the pendant. Without being too big, it's a fairly 'chunky' item and is, I think, good value for the cost. I do, however, have one reservation, and that is the chain which accompanies it. While this is an item meant for a woman to wear, and given that most women do not want heavy chains from which to hang pendants, this particular chain did strike me as being TOO fine. It is meant as a Christmas present so I shall leave the chain it came with, but I believe that it should be replaced wityh something a little stronger.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars For Blues/Rock fans, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
Anyone who likes blues/rock will probably like this collection. I like it. But I've been keen on his music ever since I heard a track of his on 'The Guitar Album' - a compilation of the great guitarists.

Alternative Kilns and Firing Techniques: Raku - Saggar - Pit - Barrel (Lark Ceramics Books)
by James C. Watkins
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Gift, 27 Nov 2013
I have a couple of friends who enjoy pottery/sculpting and so forth but have limited space and money when it comes to kilns. This book is the answer to their problems. I paint, I don't sculpt etc. but I found it interesting and the illustrations of finished works by professionals are brilliant. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in this aspect of art.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: 7.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Nancy Sinatra, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I'm not really sure that Nancy Sinatra was ever a good singer, despite having a good voice. Sometimes, her voice lacks feeling. But on some of the tracks, most notably, 'Friday's Child', she is very good and really puts some wallop into that one. The most appealing element on many of the tracks are those written by and shared with Lee Hazlewood. An example would be, 'Some Velvet Morning' - it rhymes in your head, if not on paper.

Page: 1 | 2